Buying from AliExpress

jags

I recently ordered an earphone (KZ ATE) from AliExpress. Shipping is via China Post. I could track the package till the time it left China. It was in a flight from Beijing to Kolkata on 12th Sep. No further update in India Post site (IPS Web Tracking/Item Tracking) beyond this point. I am afraid my package might be lost/stolen :sad:

I have bought several items from Hong Kong and get them shipped via post. They come in via Mumbai and I have not had any issues so far.

Do other forum members have had similar experience while buying from China?

I Purchased from AliExpress, It took 45 days to deliver my items.
Hope the same will happens with you, Hope for the best (be Patience)
:)

Same happens to me. Apparently shipments stay in kolkata for a long time before finally being delivered. Mine too took close to 45 days..

Hi Jags,

Not to worry. My TV card took 3 months to be delivered from Aliexpress. Not to worry. It will come slowly through snail post.

Vinod

I have yet to lose a packet through India Post (bought from US Ebay or AliExpress), but takes a lot of time.
Also India Post generally leaves it at your door without intimation, so please keep a lookout.

I purchased an SMSL amp. It landed up @ Banglore Foreign Post Office in 10 days. Customs took 10 days to clear, but charged me almost 60% of the cost of the item.
I chose to return it, and it has been received back by seller, but I am awaiting payments.

Key Learnings:
1. Ask the seller what HScode he will use. Make sure he/she uses the correct code. You can use fed ex website to see HS code and Indian Customs Duty chargeable.
2. Ask the seller to paste a copy of Invoice on the outer package so that Customs need not hold the package awaiting Invoice from you.

The customs guys were very professional over email and phone conversations though. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Tracking status got updated today. Shows receipt in Kolkata :yahoo:

Also India Post generally leaves it at your door without intimation, so please keep a lookout.

I live in an Apartment. They leave packages with maintenance office if nobody is at home.

My two packets from Aliexpress were lying with Indian post office for 10 days. I got it when I visited the post office.

No custom duty levied.

You can track your packages via IPS Web Tracking/Item Tracking. If package has cleared customs, it reaches your local post office within a few days.

Thanks. I have already received the items. I also had tracking details that was showing that it was sent to the post office (some other not in my area). I was waiting for the items to be delivered. One of the seller advised to visit local post office and it was lying there from one week.

I was saying that delay could be due to Indian postal service as well.

I am not received any items from aliexpress ,bought by standard shipping.waited for more than 4 months.(ordered 5 items not received single item).finally I am able to receive refund for three items

That sounds bad. Is there no way to ask or complain to customs if an item goes missing?

Just check the seller rating before buying,i have ordered takstar hi 2050 and stereo amp from Aliexpress,if the seller is good chances are you will get the product.But buying from online has a bit of risk no matter where you buy from.

I am not received any items from aliexpress ,bought by standard shipping.waited for more than 4 months.(ordered 5 items not received single item).finally I am able to receive refund for three items

Were the items lost in transit? Seller typically gives a tracking number. Did you try tracking the packages?

I recently ordered an earphone (KZ ATE) from AliExpress. Shipping is via China Post. I could track the package till the time it left China. It was in a flight from Beijing to Kolkata on 12th Sep. No further update in India Post site (IPS Web Tracking/Item Tracking) beyond this point. I am afraid my package might be lost/stolen :sad:

My parcel was delivered day-before. :yahoo:

congrats!!!. if you don't mind..could you tell me what the value of the package was? and did you pay any custom duty?
I bought a camera charger as a trial from ali express a few months back and it reached me within 3 weeks, no customs was charged and the cost was too low anyways.

congrats!!!. if you don't mind..could you tell me what the value of the package was? and did you pay any custom duty?
I bought a camera charger as a trial from ali express a few months back and it reached me within 3 weeks, no customs was charged and the cost was too low anyways.

I had paid about $12 for the product. Value declared by seller in package was $5. No customs was charged. Typically, I have not paid customs for earphones when getting them via post from abroad.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back