Chord Qutest

panditji

Chord has launched the successor to the 2Qute DAC naming it Qutest (Everyone got the name wrong in guessing it on the other forums)... It is supposedly the same as the Hugo2 and if anyone has the Hugo2, please chip in with your feedback..

https://www.speakershack.co.uk/articleResult.php?subject=2&record=2439

The most significant upgrade is a user-selectable output voltage available in 1, 2 and 3V RMS outputs for flexible connectivity as well as double the filter taps vis a vis the 2Qute.. It also has 4 function switch selector for users to experiment with sound... So almost all the issues which people had with the 2Qute have been addressed...

Anybody for a group buy for The Qutest, please PM me...

Last edited:
I think the voltage switch is a nice option for various amps. Any idea about the price in indian market?

I am sure the deliveries will start in April/May if you pre-order just like they did for the 2Qute in 2014... I got mine in the second batch in 2014 as there was a bit of a problem in the first one...

A lot of people complained about the 3V output (not me) and the new product shows that the feedback has been taken... Personally my DAC works perfectly so I do not know what the fuss was about. For me the biggest reason to upgrade would be an increase in SQ and an optical/Toslink input for my CD player as I was lazy to even buy a BNC convertor (Thankfully I don't have to sell the digital cable now)... Don't know much about the 4 filters which you can use to experiment with the sound...

Choice of filters would be good, I was considering the Audiolab M-DAC+ for this reason. Let us wait for the subjective review of the sound. I mean 'sounds great' has no value. I need to understand the characteristics, especially because we cannot try out and return the product in India.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Sharad, it should be as good if not better than the Hugo2.. @cybervinay has the Hugo2 and used the 2Qute for almost 3 years and says the Hugo2 is better than the 2Qute as do a number of other users worldwide... I bought the 2Qute blind earlier and placing my order again for the Qutest...

Sharad, it should be as good if not better than the Hugo2.. @cybervinay has the Hugo2 and used the 2Qute for almost 3 years and says the Hugo2 is better than the 2Qute as do a number of other users worldwide... I bought the 2Qute blind earlier and placing my order again for the Qutest...
Anything close to the Hugo 2 would be wonderful for people who are not looking for a headphone amp. I am looking forward to the reviews. The problem with Chord is that they get such strongly positive reviews that it gets very difficult to judge :)

- Sharad

It seems the Qutest is better than the Hugo 2 as initial user reviews are coming in... The 2Qute was better than the Hugo and it seems it's the same case with the Qutest... Have decided to take the plunge... Kindly PM me in case anyone is interested in the 2Qute...

@panditji I've auditioned it, the rest of the gear was a Hegel 360 & Dyanudio Confidence C1, the sound was great with the right amount of details & warmth, specially I really liked the PRAT factor or the flow of music.
Way better than the built in DAC inside the Hegel.

Im in the process of upgrading my Amp & DAC, I'm mostly leaning towards the Qutest for DAC.

Was anyone able to review the qutest. Was thinking on buying one but wount able to audition it

Chord has launched the successor to the 2Qute DAC naming it Qutest (Everyone got the name wrong in guessing it on the other forums)... It is supposedly the same as the Hugo2 and if anyone has the Hugo2, please chip in with your feedback..

https://www.speakershack.co.uk/articleResult.php?subject=2&record=2439

The most significant upgrade is a user-selectable output voltage available in 1, 2 and 3V RMS outputs for flexible connectivity as well as double the filter taps vis a vis the 2Qute.. It also has 4 function switch selector for users to experiment with sound... So almost all the issues which people had with the 2Qute have been addressed...

Anybody for a group buy for The Qutest, please PM me...
I have the 2qute

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back