Confused between LG CX and Samsung Q95T

Ravzhj

Supp guys..hope y'all doin great..
Well I am getting as the title say...confused between CX (1.5, 55') and Q95T(1.45, 55').. please give me ideas, suggestions, experience..
(Is the price ok ?)

Usage : Console Gaming, All OTT contents..and some time rare like once or twice a month movie night.. not via ( Netflix or Amazon).. personal collection or some Blu rays which will bought in future..

And is Dolby Vision and HDR10+ really "THAT" of a difference maker...(first time poster so I apologize in advance)

Stay safe fam...

Usage : Console Gaming, All OTT contents..and some time rare like once or twice a month movie night.. not via ( Netflix or Amazon).. personal collection or some Blu rays which will bought in future..
Per your usage, if you have a dark room, then OLED (Lg CX) is for you. FYI, OLED may suffer from permanent burn-in. Also, Dolby Vission/HDR 10+ both supports dynamic metadata which results in a more stunning picture than static metadata employed in HDR 10. However, we have very little content available on HDR 10+ compared to Dolby Vission. So, going with Dolby Vission is the most logical choice which is also an additional vote for LG CX.

Per your usage, if you have a dark room, then OLED (Lg CX) is for you. FYI, OLED may suffer from permanent burn-in. Also, Dolby Vission/HDR 10+ both supports dynamic metadata which results in a more stunning picture than static metadata employed in HDR 10. However, we have very little content available on HDR 10+ compared to Dolby Vission. So, going with Dolby Vission is the most logical choice which is also an additional vote for LG CX.
Oh well room is well lit but I mostly game or watchin ott in night..only on weekend is the time I play or watch in day time and yes at tht time of the day.. window reflection is seen on my current led but it's still watch able...and yes the burn in..it's the only thing keep me at bay of oled..usage wise I can say weekdays 5 hr max gaming or other content...while on weekends morning to night either game or movie series..
And abt Dolby Vision and HDR10 ( I want ask is it like difference of particles like in old time ppl went crazy went graphic card added shader or Phys x ) or negligible difference like meh one don't need mull over it...?

Oh well room is well lit but I mostly game or watchin ott in night..only on weekend is the time I play or watch in day time and yes at tht time of the day.. window reflection is seen on my current led but it's still watch able...and yes the burn in..it's the only thing keep me at bay of oled..usage wise I can say weekdays 5 hr max gaming or other content...while on weekends morning to night either game or movie series..
And abt Dolby Vision and HDR10 ( I want ask is it like difference of particles like in old time ppl went crazy went graphic card added shader or Phys x ) or negligible difference like meh one don't need mull over it...?

As long as you aren't crossing 2,000 hours on the same game in the next 5 years, there's nothing to worry about with regards to burn-in on these newer panels. You can search for my subpixel and expected hours breakdown on this forum. Written 30-40 times.

Moreover, FALD performance also takes a hit when it comes to gaming to reduce lag. Even though Q95T has improved it over Q90R, it's still noticeably lagging compared to OLEDs.

Also, you'll be able to grab CX anywhere from 1.15-1.3l during Diwali. Wait a bit. Go OLED.

The difference is substantial on a good mastered content. The specular highlight really pos up on OELD in a dark room. A lot also depends on how the content is mastered.

Supp guys..hope y'all doin great..
Well I am getting as the title say...confused between CX (1.5, 55') and Q95T(1.45, 55').. please give me ideas, suggestions, experience..
(Is the price ok ?)

And is Dolby Vision and HDR10+ really "THAT" of a difference maker...(first time poster so I apologize in advance)

Stay safe fam...
First wait for diwali both the tvs will be cheaper.

Second dont go in to HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision comparison.its worthless for current TVs.

Last both TVs are excellent you can pick any of these 2 you want but OLED will give you the best PQ money can buy especially if you are watching in dark.

Well I am inclineing towards OLED...just last quick question...do sudden power cut will have bad effects on OLED as I am stayin neare isolated area where power cut atleast (3-4) times a month. I really appreciate all your quick replies thanx again...

Well I am inclineing towards OLED...just last quick question...do sudden power cut will have bad effects on OLED as I am stayin neare isolated area where power cut atleast (3-4) times a month. I really appreciate all your quick replies thanx again...
Use a good UPS or an online inverter.

I have never seen a burn in myself but admittedly iam not a gamer. But I see a ton of content with black bars and in fact content without the black bar is fairly limited. But there is no black bar burn in my tv after 3 years even if I look for it. If I dont look for it, the pq is as amazing as the first day of the tv.
I personally think it is blown out of proportion by the samsung lot to justify the pitiful existence of their over priced qleds.
If anyone in the forum has a burn in please post. I haven't seen a single complaint that my tv is unusable due to burn in. If it is not a problem for a whole enthusiast forum, I say dont even consider it as a problem.

Use a good UPS or an online inverter.
Koi aur upchar..guru lol.. well don't have place to keep ups as tv will be wall mounted and only place for Console (can't keep ups on floor due poor planning) and inverter I have but got some weird reason there is a flicker inbetween powercut and inverter kicking in...and in that particular sec tv is turn on off so it's quite useless (inverter) for me. But does it affect burn in or some weird other OLED problem ? Thanx

I have never seen a burn in myself but admittedly iam not a gamer. But I see a ton of content with black bars and in fact content without the black bar is fairly limited. But there is no black bar burn in my tv after 3 years even if I look for it. If I dont look for it, the pq is as amazing as the first day of the tv.
I personally think it is blown out of proportion by the samsung lot to justify the pitiful existence of their over priced qleds.
If anyone in the forum has a burn in please post. I haven't seen a single complaint that my tv is unusable due to burn in. If it is not a problem for a whole enthusiast forum, I say dont even consider it as a problem.
Ohh.. well games I play is 5 hr max at a time or even less when it solo play...burn it case well indeed when I saw on rting those guy did mental test like countinues tv on for 1year I think..and yet only burn in was cnn from that I do get idea of it...but as soon as I convinced my self and bam I see warning abt burn in on random video abt OLED .. even though I know it's just warning but still..well I appreciate your help and suggestions.. thanx

Koi aur upchar..guru lol.. well don't have place to keep ups as tv will be wall mounted and only place for Console (can't keep ups on floor due poor planning) and inverter I have but got some weird reason there is a flicker inbetween powercut and inverter kicking in...and in that particular sec tv is turn on off so it's quite useless (inverter) for me. But does it affect burn in or some weird other OLED problem ? Thanx
As I said, switch to a good online inverter that won't flicker when there is a power cut.

Black bars cannot have burn in as the pixels are lit up at all.

Black bars cannot have burn in as the pixels are lit up at all.
Burn-in nothing but uneven aging.
Black bars are not lit but every other area is lit up so the black bars should be comparatively ageing less and be brighter. In full screen picture, you should be able to see them ideally.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back