Denon X3700H@91k or Marantz SR6015@1L?

Tanay

Hello everyone. Due to a variety of factors, the availability of AVRs in the market has been a problem for the last couple of months. Dealer margins also seem to have shrunk.

I'm getting the two options mentioned above. My usage is mainly movies and TV shows, and hardly any music. Safe to assume that paying a 9k premium for the Marantz isn't worth it?

Also, do the prices look decent?

Last edited:
Hi,

3600h used to sell for around 86k a few months back , considering the same I think the deal of 91k for a 3700h is pretty good

I would pick the Denon 3700 and save some cash. Both are equally good with Marantz using few better grade components in the circuitry. I observed in real world performance the better components in the circuitry helps in stereo listening and has marginal improvements. For movies you won’t notice much difference but with Denon movies will be more dynamic then marantz but only buy a slight margin

I would pick the Denon 3700 and save some cash. Both are equally good with Marantz using few better grade components in the circuitry. I observed in real world performance the better components in the circuitry helps in stereo listening and has marginal improvements. For movies you won’t notice much difference but with Denon movies will be more dynamic then marantz but only buy a slight margin

I've read that Denon is more dynamic and punchier than an equivalent Marantz, and that makes it better for movies. But does this come at the expense of detail? I want the explosions and other effects to sound punchy, but not at the expense of dialogue clarity.

Thanks everyone.

Another dealer is quoting 93k for the Marantz SR6015 (i.e. only a 2k premium), but I'll need to wait for a couple of weeks at the very least.

Should this quote change my decision?

Thanks everyone.

Another dealer is quoting 93k for the Marantz SR6015 (i.e. only a 2k premium), but I'll need to wait for a couple of weeks at the very least.

there are a lot of Marantz avrs in the grey market, better to buy with bill to insure you are getting an official indian unit otherwise u won't get any service from the distributor.

Thanks everyone.

Good price upto you to wait or pick up the Denon and start enjoying.

Hello everyone. Due to a variety of factors, the availability of AVRs in the market has been a problem for the last couple of months. Dealer margins also seem to have shrunk.

I'm getting the two options mentioned above. My usage is mainly movies and TV shows, and hardly any music. Safe to assume that paying a 9k premium for the Marantz isn't worth it?

Also, do the prices look decent?
Can you share the contact of the person selling the 3700 for 91k?

I have both Denon AVR-2113 and Marantz NR1608 with me. I found Denon more dynamic and punchier than Marantz where as Marantz is more detail and subtle than Denon. Both are designed with the different suits of applications. In stereo mode Denon have flat and punchy sound signature where as Marantz is more musical and lively . Marantz uses better components and have better build quality then Denon. In Sound United brand catalog Marantz is consider as premium or luxury brand where as Denon as consumers or mass market brand. May be high end Denon work better for both movies and music.

there are a lot of Marantz avrs in the grey market, better to buy with bill to insure you are getting an official indian unit otherwise u won't get any service from the distributor.
Yes, of course. Only considering units with official warranty and will get a bill.

If any of you own either model, please do share your experience as well.
Not owned marantz but had their top 7010 at my place and did a side by side comparison with my 4500. Not a fair fight but for you to get an idea on the sound signature. Have a look at the thread

Not owned marantz but had their top 7010 at my place and did a side by side comparison with my 4500. Not a fair fight but for you to get an idea on the sound signature. Have a look at the thread

Are you happy with your 4500 even today? Do you ever feel that when you upgrade next, you'd prefer Marantz over an equivalent Denon?

Are you happy with your 4500 even today? Do you ever feel that when you upgrade next, you'd prefer Marantz over an equivalent Denon?
I have no itch to upgrade. I’ll keep it as long as it works. If I want more quality I’ll just upgrade speakers and get a PA. 4500 is all I need for another 5 years. This is my feed back on u tube

Post in thread 'My HT Journey so far and counting'
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/my-ht-journey-so-far-and-counting.76341/post-916944

I think you must consider Yamaha Avantage A-1080 also along with Denon and Marantz. Even though seven channels it will give you great movies and good music performance. Definitely Yamaha avantage series is better than similarly price avr in Market. Yamaha avantage have great build quality with very good after sale support . To my experience Yamaha avantage is better than Denon/Marantz for movies but comes with less channels.

I think you must consider Yamaha Avantage A-1080 also along with Denon and Marantz. Even though seven channels it will give you great movies and good music performance. Definitely Yamaha avantage series is better than similarly price avr in Market. Yamaha avantage have great build quality with very good after sale support . To my experience Yamaha avantage is better than Denon/Marantz for movies but comes with less channels.
Thank you for the recommendation. I'm going for a 5.1.4 setup, so need at least 9 channels.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back