DIY: Pass F5 turbo v2 initiated

this is pretty accurate
the cases i built ended up weighing 38 kgs EACH ( however with the transport crate )
the sinks were the heaviest part
i think i was using 12kgs/sink in EACH mono

(just make sure your sinks are not small and will dissipate well - get the widest sink you can not the highest)
Thanks Magma, I will look into that aspect. I definitely studied many design and arrived to certain surface area v/s mass. Now as per your suggestion I will verify the weight part too.

Hi all,
Members interested for F5 Turbo V2

1.Omishra
2.Bswamin
3.Santosh
4.Sachin
5.Capt.Rajesh
Kindly post here if forgot to add anyone.This Gb is only for PCbs.Everyone will need to import their own parts(very few)and cab.I will post links for respective sellers with part no.

Regards,
Sachin

I think you missed cmsajith, he was the one who started the whole thing:)

Hi vikas,
thanks for pointing this.New list for of members have shown interest in F5T V2 PCBs GB

1.CaptRajesh
2.Omishra
3.Cmsajith,(??)
4.Santosh
5.Sachin
6.Kroy
7.Bhaskar
8.Joshua(??)

Regards,
Sachin

Sachin, you missed my name in your latest list. I have updated the list below.

1.CaptRajesh
2.Omishra
3.Cmsajith,(??)
4.Santosh
5.Sachin
6.Kroy
7.Bhaskar
8.Joshua(??)
9.Baswamin

Thanks

I was looking for a V3 (100w) and the GB is for V2, so I am in a dilemma.

Experts, which will be the best option:

- 2 x Monoblocks of V3 (100w each)

- 4 x Monoblocks of V2 (50w each) for biamping (ATCs are triampable)

Last edited:

Experts, which will be the best option:

- 2 x Monoblocks of V3 (100w each)

- 4 x Monoblocks of V2 (50w each) for biamping (ATCs are triampable)

My suggestion is that the F5 should not be looked at from Wattage perspective. It is a different design operating in Class A mode. The Turbo V3 suggested by Pass is not for regular amplifier builders. He called them a special category of people called FAB (Fearless Amp Builders). If you belong to that category, you should attempt the V3. I would not attempt a V3, but will restrict myself to V2.

Cheers.

My suggestion is that the F5 should not be looked at from Wattage perspective. It is a different design operating in Class A mode. The Turbo V3 suggested by Pass is not for regular amplifier builders. He called them a special category of people called FAB (Fearless Amp Builders). If you belong to that category, you should attempt the V3. I would not attempt a V3, but will restrict myself to V2.

Cheers.

I am game for V2 (4 x Monoblocks)

Updated list for Gb of F5 V2 boards

1.CaptRajesh
2.Omishra
3.Cmsajith,(2 sets)
4.Santosh
5.Sachin
6.Kroy
7.Bhaskar
8.Joshua(??)
9.Baswamin

Can someone order Mofsets and MUR Diodes for 10 sets?I can provide everything else excluding chassis and other hardware.I will wait 2 more days to get a response from members and than order PCBs.I will need some advance from everyone as the total cost is too high.

Regards,
Sachin

Updated list for Gb of F5 V2 boards

1.CaptRajesh
2.Omishra
3.Cmsajith,(2 sets)
4.Santosh
5.Sachin
6.Kroy
7.Bhaskar
8.Joshua(??)
9.Baswamin

Can someone order Mofsets and MUR Diodes for 10 sets?I can provide everything else excluding chassis and other hardware.I will wait 2 more days to get a response from members and than order PCBs.I will need some advance from everyone as the total cost is too high.

Regards,
Sachin

Sachin,

If the GB is for the kit including parts and PCB then count me in. If it is only for PCB, I would like to skip, as I can modify some of my earlier PCBs and make V2.

Cheers.

Sachin,

If the GB is for the kit including parts and PCB then count me in. If it is only for PCB, I would like to skip, as I can modify some of my earlier PCBs and make V2.

Cheers.

Hi Anil,
I will arrange all parts with PCbs.Can anyone import Mofsets and Diodes for 10 sets.I am importing too many things without having Import/Export licence:D

Regards,
Sachin

I am in exactly the same dilemma. I gave up a build of the original F5 after I realised how much was the output wattage. I had, all along, thought that it does 35W (which I thought is just about sufficient to drive my speakers), but apparently it does 25.

So I was elated when I heard about the V3 version that does 100W. And that's where I had pinned my hopes.

I currently use an 80W Class A SS amp, and though not the best or the most refined, I really love the power reserve that can be called upon during louder transients. I am bit apprehensive that a 50W could be a downgrade in terms of reserve power.

Let me mull over this for a day. Will let the group know if I am in or out by tomorrow.

I am in exactly the same dilemma. I gave up a build of the original F5 after I realised how much was the output wattage. I had, all along, thought that it does 35W (which I thought is just about sufficient to drive my speakers), but apparently it does 25.

So I was elated when I heard about the V3 version that does 100W. And that's where I had pinned my hopes.

I currently use an 80W Class A SS amp, and though not the best or the most refined, I really love the power reserve that can be called upon during louder transients. I am bit apprehensive that a 50W could be a downgrade in terms of reserve power.

Let me mull over this for a day. Will let the group know if I am in or out by tomorrow.
Sure Joshua,
I think F5 50W would be more than enough for your set up.Some DIY audio members are using normal F5 (25W) with low sensitivity speakers(85db)and very happy with it.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Could not resist the temptation, please count me in. :licklips:

Regards,
Sann

Hi Sachin,

Could not resist the temptation, please count me in. :licklips:

Regards,
Sann

If I come to your home then don't introduce me by real name. Otherwise they won't take me in for spoiling you :p :D

Updated list for F5 Turbo V2 Gb

1.CaptRajesh
2.Omishra
3.Cmsajith,(2 sets)
4.Santosh
5.Sachin
6.Kroy
7.Bhaskar
8.Joshua(??)
9.Baswamin
10.Anilva
11.Sann

Regards,
Sachin

Okay, got local source of MUR3060PT /100Rs for PS rectifier purpose. Even I am thinking this could close match for amp board MUR3020WT.

MUR3060PT: packing TO-218, holes are same as TO-247
Remaining parameters are exactly same, we can get some discount as well. What people say?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back