ELAC Andrew Jones Designed Debut Series -Prices out

Yesterday I had an audition of F6 & S10.

I felt Elac F10 has less detail than Polk RtiA7.

But the Sub Elac S10 was awesome !

I thought I will get Polk Sub but now the S10 has confused me !
Reading Posts about SVS PB-2000 is still more confusing me !

Hi forum members,

Due to the extreme pricing difference of Elac speakers in India, I thought of writing this to the ELAC itself and did it. Hope, there will be positive response.

Hi,

I'm a great follower of Andrew Jones products and especially the personal passion he has put in to make Hi-fidelity audio affordable for the youth with a better price -performance ratio in the Debut products.

But, in India region, forget the youth, even the seasonal hi-fi buyers are not inclined to purchase the Elac speakers because of the weird pricing in place.

Things are so different that Elac debut speaker pricing is coming in par with mid - range speakers from brands like Wharfedale /Dali/Polk. Example the RTi series speakers from polk matches with Elac speakers pricing. Wharfedale floor standers are way cheaper than the Elac FS5. Elac subwooofer is priced too steeper than the infamous SVS subs !.

The forum members in the 'hifivision.com' have repeatedly cited this weird issue many times. Reference: http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/61039-elac-andrew-jones-designed-debut-series-prices-out.html

As of today, the 200$ B5 are sold for 400$. Elac floor stander F5 is sold for 1000$ instead of near to 580$ MRP.
Reference: ELAC - Elac - F5 - Debut Series - Tower Speaker (PAIR): Amazon.in: Electronics

ELAC speakers are widely popular in the Indian discussion forums and tech shows, but due to the pricing, consumer is pulling back and settling for some other speakers or not buying the gear.

Im sure the US prices are sold with the seller margin included.. So why a 200$ B5 is sold for 400$ even after considering import duties and seller margin, whereas the wharefdales are priced very near to their UK pricing. Calculations doesnt seems right .

Could your team please take this issue further and get this resolved with the authorized distributors in India ? If needed, I can also perform campaign for a representation signed from the biggest audio hi-fi forum in India. I really wanted to see more and more consumers able to embrace and buy your affordable and high performance products.

That's why I imported the ELAC Uni fi from amazon.com they were almost at par as elac b6 prices in india.

Last month I checked in Pune, got the following prices:-
ELAC B5 - 21.5 k
ELAC B6 - 30 k
ELAC C5 - 19k

Hi forum members,

Due to the extreme pricing difference of Elac speakers in India, I thought of writing this to the ELAC itself and did it. Hope, there will be positive response.

Hi,

I'm a great follower of Andrew Jones products and especially the personal passion he has put in to make Hi-fidelity audio affordable for the youth with a better price -performance ratio in the Debut products.

But, in India region, forget the youth, even the seasonal hi-fi buyers are not inclined to purchase the Elac speakers because of the weird pricing in place.

Things are so different that Elac debut speaker pricing is coming in par with mid - range speakers from brands like Wharfedale /Dali/Polk. Example the RTi series speakers from polk matches with Elac speakers pricing. Wharfedale floor standers are way cheaper than the Elac FS5. Elac subwooofer is priced too steeper than the infamous SVS subs !.

The forum members in the 'hifivision.com' have repeatedly cited this weird issue many times. Reference: http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/61039-elac-andrew-jones-designed-debut-series-prices-out.html

As of today, the 200$ B5 are sold for 400$. Elac floor stander F5 is sold for 1000$ instead of near to 580$ MRP.
Reference: ELAC - Elac - F5 - Debut Series - Tower Speaker (PAIR): Amazon.in: Electronics

ELAC speakers are widely popular in the Indian discussion forums and tech shows, but due to the pricing, consumer is pulling back and settling for some other speakers or not buying the gear.

Im sure the US prices are sold with the seller margin included.. So why a 200$ B5 is sold for 400$ even after considering import duties and seller margin, whereas the wharefdales are priced very near to their UK pricing. Calculations doesnt seems right .

Could your team please take this issue further and get this resolved with the authorized distributors in India ? If needed, I can also perform campaign for a representation signed from the biggest audio hi-fi forum in India. I really wanted to see more and more consumers able to embrace and buy your affordable and high performance products.

Did you get any positive response?

Contact Harmonie Audio, New Alipore. The owner is very helpful. He will help you get B6. If you desperately need B6, contact Harmonie at 98300 85043 and speak to Vasu.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Thanks. But I was really a bit desperate (it happens to me often though) and placed order at Amazon us.
Thanks to you BTW. I will keep the reference for future use, if required.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

ELAC Unifi UB5 is available for shipping to India from Amazon, but you need to select seller as Amazon US.
Total cost after including shipping and import duty comes out to be ~56.5k.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 12.29.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 12.29.32 PM.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 170
Yes it is available. DHL got the package within a week. I got a discount of around 10000. Pay using us dollar instead of inr otherwise they will calculate it as 70. That time dollar was 67 bucks.

Yes, UNI-fi UB5 is available for order to India. Anyone could order the Uni-fi F5 floorstanders from amazon.com?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back