ELAC Andrew Jones Designed Debut Series -Prices out

I have used the Elacs with Both my PM6004 and SR5006 and I think the Elac sounds better with the SR5006. I am not saying it is bad with PM6004 but the AVR sounds better comparatively.I dont know if it is just me or is it possible ,may be because of higher output by the AVR? I use the system only in low to moderate volumes.

BTW,I am going for Elac B5 for my home setup and probably replace my Wharfedale Diamond 121.

^^ I am surprised with that finding.
Can you check with a little more juice from the PM6004 , maybe upto the halfway mark and then report?
For the record, Sid played them with the 6004 on Max volume, and they sounded splendid ( I dare not do that !)

Is elac B5 warm sounding..... ?

Is it better than Wharfedale 220 ?

In a word --- yes IMHO. And I was wondering why What-hifi is not reviewing the Elacs ? They have never reviewed the Pioneer AJ series either. I AM starting to think if they are biased and should we really listen to them.

^^ I am surprised with that finding.
Can you check with a little more juice from the PM6004 , maybe upto the halfway mark and then report?
For the record, Sid played them with the 6004 on Max volume, and they sounded splendid ( I dare not do that !)

I have tried. I think may be these is some signal processing going on in stereo mode. If you switch to Direct mode and pure direct mode, the AVR does not sound good as compared to PM6004.

Yes. My Yamaha 477avr sounds better when in stereo mode too. Direct just sounds super flat and dull.

if you are looking in this range - you may want to try FM Hari Iyers speakers too

he lives in Thane as well

if you are looking in this range - you may want to try FM Hari Iyers speakers too

he lives in Thane as well
Yeah will do that. I am targeting to get new speakers by Feb. SO plenty of time
to shop/audition around. Not to take away from this thread but I have already heard the Adam audio f5 and Elac ribbon speakers not sure which model. but its from the 300 series.
something about the ribbons that i liked, but dang they are expensive. the only hesitation for Adams ( which i would have bought them by now are that are amplified, and i would like it to be separates. Dali ikon mk2 ribbons are out of my budget. I can stretch it to 60k INR with amp. let's see how it goes.

The main intention of AJ while releasing the Elac debut line was to have affordable value offering. This is very much true in US where the price of B6 is $280 and B5 $229. CNET revewer compared B6 with Zensor1( $400 ). It is also mentioned some compromise in build quailty/looks department as it is cheaper.

B5 ( $229 , 15k ) In india it is 28k ( This is Zensor3 price in India)
B6 ( $280 , 18k) and india 36K.
Zensor1 ( $400 ) in US ( 26k) , In india it is 20k.

This pricing is so skewed, that too 2X..

Exactly my thoughts. This is what most people forget to realize. The elacs are not value for money product in India.

I think for the prices of these ELAC's, it would also be wise to consider some home made brew like Lyrita horns, irrespective of speaker type. I take it they are in the same ball park when it comes to pricing.

The main intention of AJ while releasing the Elac debut line was to have affordable value offering. This is very much true in US where the price of B6 is $280 and B5 $229. CNET revewer compared B6 with Zensor1( $400 ). It is also mentioned some compromise in build quailty/looks department as it is cheaper.

B5 ( $229 , 15k ) In india it is 28k ( This is Zensor3 price in India)
B6 ( $280 , 18k) and india 36K.
Zensor1 ( $400 ) in US ( 26k) , In india it is 20k.

This pricing is so skewed, that too 2X..

I agree. Compared to US prices,they are not exactly VFM but even with the Indian prices ( with discount) , the SQ is worth the price. . They are the best speakers I have heard IMHO

Hi Folks,

I contacted official ELAC distributors in Bangalore and they informed that the prices for the Debut series are out but it may take a few weeks for the stocks to come in. :licklips:

The prices (approx MRP) as follows.

B5 - 29000
B6 - 36000
F5 - 70000

Demo is not available yet.

Today I received a email from Elec distributors, Mumbai as follows:

Dear Mr. Amedius,

We are in receipt of your mail.

ELAC presents 5 Debut series speaker systems, 3 powered subwoofers, including 2 bookshelf, floorstandings, center channel and Dolby atmos enabled models.

The MRP for Elac Debut Series C5 Center Channel Speaker available at INR 22,500, B5 Book shelf/rear surround speaker (pair) available at INR 28,500, F5 Floor standing speakers (Pair) available at INR 70,000, B6 Book Shelf/Rear Surround speaker (Pair) available at INR 35,000, S12EQ Subwoofer with app control at INR 79,900.

The Dali - Zensor 1 is for 24k on amazon. Compared to the B5 or even B6 its much lower in india. its $400 in the US.
So whats the difference in quality between the two ?

But I heard that the customs will charge 30% tax for new speaker set.

Don't carry the cover in the orginal cover. I did something similar, after the members from this forum told me about it. Nothing happened, nobody asked anything. In my case it was an amp. It was not new, but lookwise, it was brand new with no dust, or scratches.. Now I am confident. Hope nobody from customs is reading this. ;)

Back