ELAC Andrew Jones Designed Debut Series -Prices out

36% percent tax on anything exceeding Rs45,000/- in value. ( 36% on the excess value only ) .So this speaker ( and other items !) should come in duty free. However how will you arrange for excess baggage ?

I was talking about buying from local dealers. For a group buy, we can expect some discount from the normal selling price if we have enough members...

Didnt expect the prices to be this much. If possible, i would like to join in the group buy also.

I was talking about buying from local dealers. For a group buy, we can expect some discount from the normal selling price if we have enough members...

That would only be advisable after a while. If we try it right after launch, the discount acquired will definitely be less.

Elac F5 floor stand MRP 70000/-
Elac B5 bookshelf MRP 28500/-
Elac C5 center MRP 22500/-
Elac S10 Sub MRP 33000/-
Total MRP 154000/-

1st post is correct about the pricing
above are the MRP pricing
a 10-12% discount may be possible on the above depending on the clients location

when you account for shipping to the clients location ,customs ( 24-33% ) ,VAT ( 14 %)

the price you buy is fair ( after factoring in the discount )

You should understand customs in america and europe is a fraction of what hifi importers need to pay in INDIA
VAT is america is also lower i belive and so are rents
You also need to factor in the "warranty" part that you get when buying from the official dealer in our country as opposed to a direct import

FOr 1.5 lac
this is a pretty good HT speaker set

the best part is that ELAC has integrated its suborder with its superb room correction and equalization software
(a trickle down from its premire ELAC sub)

Both models also offer convenient APP-based operation and can be adjusted to suit the room acoustics by means of an automatic calibration function

There are also the A5 dolby ATMOS speakers that can be bought in case the buyer wishes

Last edited:
Debut speakers should be available for demo, tmw or day after in chennai. Praveen from Vipul Audiotech is the dealer, had a nice talk. He even invited me to bring a/v receiver setup for audition. But i cant anytime soon.

Anyone feeling to hear them, do contact Praveen 044-42698542.

My concern is the price. At this price range what speakers are available?

That's great,but let the speakers run for a week,else one cant judge actual sound quality.

Elac F5 floor stand MRP 70000/-
Elac B5 bookshelf MRP 28500/-
Elac C5 center MRP 22500/-
Elac S10 Sub MRP 33000/-

At 70K, the floor standers are in Dali Zensor 7 territory. At this price range, Elacs will have tough competition.

the best part is that ELAC has integrated its suborder with its superb room correction and equalization software
(a trickle down from its premire ELAC sub)
S10 sub ($250 in the US) is without EQ or app control. S10EQ with EQ & app control retails for $400. Expect to pay Rs.60K in India for the same.

Anyone interested in the ELACs , please PM me. Let me check with some of my contacts on the possibility of a group buy. I need to confirm how many are interested before o proceed.

Please PM me with the model number that you are interested in.

I think it is a good idea to start a new thread in the group buy section

The pricing of the Debut series is way too high. The Highly appreciated Dali zensor line is priced lower than the Elacs, in India.
Dali Zensor 7 is $1200 and it retails for Rs.70000, but the Elac F5 which retails for $550 is selling for Rs.70000.
I dont think this is fair at all.
Guys, can someone please confirm if the Elacs are better than the Dalis. If not then we already have a winner, which comes in more than one finish and look much better than the Elac.

heard the ELAC debut floorstanders today at Vipul audio tech, he had just unnboxed it, wasn't planned, i was there to audition the Dali zensors....i'm not really an expert, but i know my music and was carrying my own flacs on usb, the ELAC debut is no match for the Dali, much warmer, but the real difference i felt was in the detailing(lower than the Dali). the speakers were paired with the Denon avr-x2200w

So, that clarifies certain things. Well, what about the fit and finish. Which looks better?
How was the Bass response. As the F5 and the dali 7 are priced similarly, it would be wise to compare there two rather than comparing the dali 5 to the f5 based on the driver size.

Last edited:
Didn't really check those, but in sheer size the Dalis are much shorter and smaller overall...maybe the Elacs need better avrs/amps, not sure but detailing definitely lower than the dali

I think the dali 7 and elac f5 must be similar in size but dali7 shall be easily better off than elac.. I found the dali 5 to be too small though, but the 7s are bigger

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back