ELAC Andrew Jones Designed Debut Series -Prices out

heard the ELAC debut floorstanders today at Vipul audio tech, he had just unnboxed it, wasn't planned, i was there to audition the Dali zensors....i'm not really an expert, but i know my music and was carrying my own flacs on usb, the ELAC debut is no match for the Dali, much warmer, but the real difference i felt was in the detailing(lower than the Dali). the speakers were paired with the Denon avr-x2200w

Hmm. May be the Elacs need a burn in. Anyway it is a good idea to audition and compare before finalising.

Yes, also individual listening varies, what I like might not be to someone else's taste :)
Most impt is to buy only after auditioning

I got many responses for B6 and B5. Even C5. If anyone interested, let me know. I need to speak to dealers with final count before I can get a final price.

Hello,

Prices in Chennai which I got last week from Vipul Audiotech

Elac Debut B6 - MRP 35000. Quote - 29750.
Elac Debut B5 - MRP 28500. Quote - 24225.

Cheers.

At last... Went for Demo and ............. ended up buying B6. :yahoo:

I did demo for B5 and bought B6 blind.

I had a fellow FM and good friend with me. In fact it was his idea to go for demo today..

I am not a professional -Just trying to describe what I felt :D

We reached there around 4 in the evening and by the time we reached there, there was a customer who was auditioning the same set. We started with some English tracks and moved to Bollywood. The amp used was a Onkyo AVR.

The moment we started , one thing was clear - there was plenty of base. I checked with the sales guy if there was any sub woofer connected but he replied negatively. The vocals were very clear and there was good instrument separation. I liked it instantly - The sound felt much bigger than the the size of the speakers. They are not very small either.We compared them with B&W 685 S2, just a inch less taller than the 685s. While comparing with the Wharfedale 220 which we auditioned a few weeks ago ,the B5 felt bigger and better in terms of SQ. Even B&W could not match the B5 for base.The vocal and mid range was slightly better in the B&Ws.

Decided to go for B6.I assumed that it should have same signature and greater base response. I was not wrong :eek:hyeah:

The speakers were delivered around 9 Pm to my place- The box and the speakers were bigger than my Pioneer BS 22, Wharfedale 121 and Mission MX-1. The finishing is very good when compared to all above 3. Beautifully finished vinyl Wrap all around. There was carton paper attached between the speaker and the grill- May be for safer shipping. I immediatly hooked up to my Marantz Amp and started playing songs - Still not stopped :eek:hyeah:

One word - I like what I hear.These are really good speakers and better than the above mentioned 3 in all aspects -IHMO.

Will update more once they are burned in - Not literally :D

Attachments

• IMG_0497[1].jpg
    IMG_0497[1].jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0502[1].jpg
    IMG_0502[1].jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0508[1].jpg
    IMG_0508[1].jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 244
At last... Went for Demo and ............. ended up buying B6. :yahoo:

I did demo for B5 and bought B6 blind.

I had a fellow FM and good friend with me. In fact it was his idea to go for demo today..

I am not a professional -Just trying to describe what I felt :D

We reached there around 4 in the evening and by the time we reached there, there was a customer who was auditioning the same set. We started with some English tracks and moved to Bollywood. The amp used was a Onkyo AVR.

The moment we started , one thing was clear - there was plenty of base. I checked with the sales guy if there was any sub woofer connected but he replied negatively. The vocals were very clear and there was good instrument separation. I liked it instantly - The sound felt much bigger than the the size of the speakers. They are not very small either.We compared them with B&W 685 S2, just a inch less taller than the 685s. While comparing with the Wharfedale 220 which we auditioned a few weeks ago ,the B5 felt bigger and better in terms of SQ. Even B&W could not match the B5 for base.The vocal and mid range was slightly better in the B&Ws.

Decided to go for B6.I assumed that it should have same signature and greater base response. I was not wrong :eek:hyeah:

The speakers were delivered around 9 Pm to my place- The box and the speakers were bigger than my Pioneer BS 22, Wharfedale 121 and Mission MX-1. The finishing is very good when compared to all above 3. Beautifully finished vinyl Wrap all around. There was carton paper attached between the speaker and the grill- May be for safer shipping. I immediatly hooked up to my Marantz Amp and started playing songs - Still not stopped :eek:hyeah:

One word - I like what I hear.These are really good speakers and better than the above mentioned 3 in all aspects -IHMO.

Will update more once they are burned in - Not literally :D

Congrats man.
I was wondering. You said that the dalis were better sounding than the elac, so how did you endup purchasing the elacs? just curious.

today morning ( after the honeymoon ;) ) will be the right time to grill zelda :lol:

nasha utar chuka hoga :lol:

Back