ELAC Andrew Jones Designed Debut Series -Prices out

Congrats man.
I was wondering. You said that the dalis were better sounding than the elac, so how did you endup purchasing the elacs? just curious.

I did not say that. This is the first time I am auditioning B6. The FM who posted the opinion was referring to the F5 if I am not wrong and I was not looking for the F5. But I can say that B6 is better than Zensor 1 IMHO.

Last edited:
I did not say that. This is the first time I am auditioning B6. The FM who posted the opinion was referring to the F5 if I am not wrong and I was not looking for the F5. But I can say that B6 is better than Zensor 1 IMHO.

Sorry, it was my mistake. nitinsanand said that, not you.

Yup that was me, I heard the floorstanders right off the box....and yeah as I said everyone's hearing is different, which is auditioning by the individual is most important to make a decision. My music might be cacophony for another :)

Yup that was me, I heard the floorstanders right off the box....and yeah as I said everyone's hearing is different, which is auditioning by the individual is most important to make a decision. My music might be cacophony for another :)

True... Thats why auditioning should be a must before making buying decisions.

Any Andrew Jones designed speakers in Mumbai? Will like to listen atleast once.to form my opinion.

had a detailed audition of the Elac Debut B5 at SoundbyDesign, Gurgaon.

My first experience visiting these guys and what a refreshing change from the usual "dealers" !!! Sid & Karthik spent almost 2-2.5 hours patiently playing umpteen number of tracks and even then it was me who had to ask Sid to stop !

Had earlier auditioned the Wharfedale 220, Sonodyne Sonus 1501, Polk Audio Tsx 220B, Boston Acoustics BA25.

The B5 are by far, the best BS Speakers I have come across till date.
Maybe it was also partly due to the strengths and weakness of them being so expertly being highlighted by Sid, through the various tracks.
All in all, a great buy at about 24K IIRC.

had a detailed audition of the Elac Debut B5 at SoundbyDesign, Gurgaon.

My first experience visiting these guys and what a refreshing change from the usual "dealers" !!! Sid & Karthik spent almost 2-2.5 hours patiently playing umpteen number of tracks and even then it was me who had to ask Sid to stop !

Had earlier auditioned the Wharfedale 220, Sonodyne Sonus 1501, Polk Audio Tsx 220B, Boston Acoustics BA25.

The B5 are by far, the best BS Speakers I have come across till date.
Maybe it was also partly due to the strengths and weakness of them being so expertly being highlighted by Sid, through the various tracks.
All in all, a great buy at about 24K IIRC.

Good to hear your opinion. :clapping:
I thought I was the only one to feel that B6 was the best speakers in the price range.

@ Had earlier auditioned the Wharfedale 220, Sonodyne Sonus 1501, Polk Audio Tsx 220B, Boston Acoustics BA25.
Have you compared with Dali zensor3 and which amp they for the demo?

@maniac: soundbydesign-1 ,
@ttarasu: heard the Zensor1, not much impressed.

Also, the Polk 220 I auditioned were available at a killer price- just 16K. Excellent VFM !!!

Review from Sound and Vision. To summarize, the review ends like this... value rating is not just off the charts :cool: its way off paper :clapping:

Sound and Vision - Elac Debut Series Review - Album on Imgur

I recently bought B5, I can not state better than the review by zelda or this one.

My opinion is, it should bring out the best it partners with. My 10 year old Onkyo HT performs superbly. B5's LFE is so cool that i turned off HT sub. Imaging is forward and wide. Cymbals, voice are to my liking i.e. musical.

Dragon's voice from Hobbit series is clear and bassiness reverberates the room. waiting to hear the voices of Jeremy Irons, Sean Connery. My goodness :)

Back