Fans of Television Series

childhood nostalgia : Captain Vyom, Chandrakantha
While we are on this topic, how many remember Space City Sigma? Indradhanush?

The latter is available on Youtube if anyone is interested. I wish the kind folks at Doordarshan would bring out these old nuggets of gold from their archives and either make them available for free or sell them on DVD.

While we are on this topic, how many remember Space City Sigma? Indradhanush?

The latter is available on Youtube if anyone is interested. I wish the kind folks at Doordarshan would bring out these old nuggets of gold from their archives and either make them available for free or sell them on DVD.
While we are at it, I saw the time when there was no TV and when TVs were introduced along with DD. Nothing beats :
  • Remington Steele
  • Karamchand
  • Nukkad
  • The Lucy Show
  • Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi
  • Duck Tales, TaleSpin, Spiderman-my favorite animation serials.
  • Cult Classics like - Subah, Showtime, Ek Kahani, Rangoli, Chhayageet, Chitrahar, Chitrageet(for Marathi Songs), Surabhi, Hum Log, Buniyaad, Barrister Vinod, the show that launched SRK - Fauji and Shekhar Suman's Wah Janab, Ramayan, Mahabharat, Jungle Book, Malgudi Days, Kacchi Dhoop (Bhagyashree), Chunauti (What a title song!!!) and the show that made me watch news - The World This Week

I might have missed a few, but that time was just filled with pure, wholesome, unadulterated entertainment.

Last edited:
While we are at it, I saw the time when there was no TV and when TVs were introduced along with DD. Nothing beats :
  • Remington Steele
  • Karamchand
  • Nukkad
  • The Lucy Show
  • Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi
  • Cult Classics like - Subah, Showtime, Ek Kahani, Rangoli, Chhayageet, Chitrahar, Chitrageet(for Marathi Songs), Surabhi, Hum Log, Buniyaad, Barrister Vinod, the show that launched SRK - Fauji and Shekhar Suman's Wah Janab, Ramayan, Mahabharat, Jungle Book, Malgudi Days, Kacchi Dhoop (Bhagyashree), Chunauti (What a title song!!!) and the show that made me watch news - The World This Week

I might have missed a few, but that time was just filled with pure, wholesome, unadulterated entertainment.
Sorry, could not resist
*Mods - If links are not allowed, please feel free to remove them. Apologies in advance.

Chunauti Title Song

• Remington Steele
  • Karamchand
  • Nukkad
  • The Lucy Show
  • Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi

Wow !!! What a list that is :) Some real gems out there porting me back to those moments in nostalgia.
Add to that couple more like Yes Minister, NightHawk, Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek and the list of the amazing quality content goes on.

Sherlock Holmes..wow!! How did I miss that one!!?? And Star Trek....I remember being glued to the screen on Sunday Mornings and practising the Spock, split finger salute :D:D

Wow !!! What a list that is :) Some real gems out there porting me back to those moments in nostalgia.
Add to that couple more like Yes Minister, NightHawk, Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek and the list of the amazing quality content goes on.
Sherlock Holmes..wow!! How did I miss that one Phutane Saheb!!?? :)And Star Trek....I remember being glued to the screen on Sunday mornings and practising the Spock split finger salute :D:D

Halt and Catch fire!
Watching season 1. This show was aired on US cable network AMC, ran for 4 seasons and has 40 episodes in total. Available on netflix it seems! Stars Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Mackenzie Davis, Kerry Bishe in key roles with Toby Huss. They have played characters that are likeable, flawed, imperfect, frustrating at times but interesting nevertheless and they take us on a roller coaster ride! Smartly written, well acted, kept me immersed in the happenings. Rated highly at 8.4 on imdb - deserves this high rating!

Halt and Catch fire!
Watching season 1. This show was aired on US cable network AMC, ran for 4 seasons and has 40 episodes in total. Available on netflix it seems! Stars Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Mackenzie Davis, Kerry Bishe in key roles with Toby Huss. They have played characters that are likeable, flawed, imperfect, frustrating at times but interesting nevertheless and they take us on a roller coaster ride! Smartly written, well acted, kept me immersed in the happenings. Rated highly at 8.4 on imdb - deserves this high rating!

Well, its not there on India Netflix. VPN may be :)

Halt and Catch fire!

In to Season 2. Lacks the positive, upbeat tenor of S01. Interesting still, but not the same levels of S01

I will post some reviews about the K-Dramas that I watched lately. No mushy stuff, but period and crime dramas.

But let me also tell you about this Spanish series I am watching - The Minions of Midas! I am yet to finish it, but its gripping so far. I will leave you with some salivating details - Victor is recently made an heir by his boss to a huge fortune that includes a newspaper as well. Its unexpected, and bound to raise some eyebrows. Given his humble beginnings, he is not shy of taking on his financiers, a big and successful bank in this case, through his newspaper. Now, he is also blackmailed by a group called The Minions of Midas. He has to pay them 50mill or else they will start killing people randomly. They do come true on their promise and I have reached till the 6th kill so far. The way they merge their murders in the day to day activities make all, except who know about the blackmail, feel like its an accident or natural. Its an interesting watch so far. These Spaniards make some good series' (who can forget the legendary and trendsetting The Money Heist :D )

This series is based on a short story by the same name by Jack London written way back in 1901. More later.

A damp squib. I think the climax is as disappointing as GOT, if not more. Anyway, the only saving grace is the expectation of a second season.

The Stranger 2 - Another K drama. I forgot the first season. But loved the second one. 2 drunk kids drown on a foggy night as they did not find any ominous warnings of a high tide. The third kid slept off on the beach. A no-nonsense detective on the scene somehow manages to nail a couple who removed the sign and the rope to ward off any unsuspecting visitors. The high-profile couple is let off without any warning or punishment. This sets the plot for Police vs the judiciary. We see lots of politics, power-tussle through out the episodes and then the climax. I felt the story takes a full circle to finish this series. There is another angle of murder and cover-up. Watch it if you like K-Dramas.

A damp squib. I think the climax is as disappointing as GOT, if not more. Anyway, the only saving grace is the expectation of a second season.

The Stranger 2 - Another K drama. I forgot the first season. But loved the second one. 2 drunk kids drown on a foggy night as they did not find any ominous warnings of a high tide. The third kid slept off on the beach. A no-nonsense detective on the scene somehow manages to nail a couple who removed the sign and the rope to ward off any unsuspecting visitors. The high-profile couple is let off without any warning or punishment. This sets the plot for Police vs the judiciary. We see lots of politics, power-tussle through out the episodes and then the climax. I felt the story takes a full circle to finish this series. There is another angle of murder and cover-up. Watch it if you like K-Dramas.

Which one is the damp squib?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back