Fans of Television Series

One of the new online series I like is ‘Fleabag’. If you like British humour and are relaxed about profanity, this might be your next series. The lead actor as well as writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a riot! She is smart, she’s a natural and most importantly, she is irreverent! You’d either love it or hate it. It’s that polarising.

But if you are able to wade past the raw boldness at the surface, you’d be rewarded with a very sensitively done series that deals with self-esteem, identity, and relationships with 21st century ethos. My guess is youngsters in the age group 25-30 would especially like it.

It’s about a spinster who is struggling to find her bearings in life - work as well as relationships. Yes, it’s a bold theme, sensitively done. Each one of us will be able to relate to her self-esteem struggle and that’s where the series connects. But don’t worry, it’s not heavy at all. In fact, is full of witty humour and Phoebe’s timing is excellent. More than that, her portrayal of carefree-ness at the surface and vulnerability within makes all the difference.

The Morning Show on Apple TV+: Genius-level dialog writing in this one. A brutal look at the culture that enables harassment in the TV studios. Jenifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon are stand-outs in an utterly brilliant cast.

Yes he morning show is ultimate ... I started it when it was aired with just 3 episodes... I loved it after 2 episodes so much so that I decided to stop watching it untill all the episodes are aired, which is what I am waiting for.... and then will just binge watch it...

@liverpool_for_life how many are aired at present ...

Undoubtedly superb show... enjoyed all the four seasons. Just finished my revisit yesterday... the third time
And S5 to my mind tops the previous seasons. All kind of understated and after four seasons the characters are fleshed out, and "known" .

Binged in spite of myself. Will watch it once again later in a year or so.

Ciao
GR

My fav new show is The Mandalorian on Disney+.
Brilliant show, that offers more than a peek into the Starwars world & In my opinion miles better than the new Starwars movie

On which platform ..I mean is disney+ available on firestick or shield tv?

Watched the first episode of "The Outsider" - looks riveting ..! Just 2 episodes out yet.

His Dark Materials (Season 01) .. Let me start by saying that I don't like fantasy, werewolf witches ... kind of shows, how so ever dark they are, I simply don't like them ..... I hate harry potter, so you can imagine where I am coming from. BUT this show, had me gripped from episode 2. Its as you have guessed fantasy, mystical world with pretty dark theme over it, but there is something I cannot describe that just made me come back to it to watch the next episode, that's the best I can describe it .... lol. I know not much from me as a regular reviewer. All I can say the acting, script and especially the cinematography was very very good. Production level looked high and it's a Brit show so that is there as well. I would give this an easy 7.2/10, which is rare as I do not like fantasy and mystical series, but this one for me was pretty good. You can give it a try and see how it's for you.

Available on Hotstar

Watched Just Add Magic with my (school going) daughter on Amazon Prime. Quite entertaining with good acting. Overall good web series to watch with Family.

Started watching Yellowstone featuring Kevin Costner along with some great and marvellous actors. Story is about preserving his ranch in Montana and the dark side what comes with it.

Give it a try and you shall not regret it. It will keep you grounded to your sofa. Episodes are an hour long, some a few more, I'm now in season 2 and dying to get the time to watch the rest of the remaining episodes. I got this from elsewhere as not on Netflix and prime.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4236770/

6 hour-long episodes. The first 5 of them were edge of the seat stuff in this crime mystery thriller mini-series. The finale was a bit slow for me but still better than most recent shows. Surprise of surprises, a decent thriller from BBC and not inane stuff it dishes out - except probably for the finale that bears the BBC stamp.

Solid and strong plot & story, NO fancy gimmicks & cliched dialogues! Twists every few minutes. Nothing is ever as it seems. WYSINWYG - What you see is not what you get!

Thriller lovers - do not miss. I rate it 9/10. One point taken away for the finale.

Source: Downloaded

The Capture
1h per episode | Crime, Mystery, Thriller | TV Mini-Series (2019– )

Started watching Yellowstone featuring Kevin Costner along with some great and marvellous actors. Story is about preserving his ranch in Montana and the dark side what comes with it.

Give it a try and you shall not regret it. It will keep you grounded to your sofa. Episodes are an hour long, some a few more, I'm now in season 2 and dying to get the time to watch the rest of the remaining episodes. I got this from elsewhere as not on Netflix and prime.

Completed both seasons last year. Brilliant cinematography, storyline and performances.

Yellowstone is in my watch list for long. Thanks for the review. will soon give it a try ..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back