Fans of Television Series

6 hour-long episodes. The first 5 of them were edge of the seat stuff in this crime mystery thriller mini-series. The finale was a bit slow for me but still better than most recent shows. Surprise of surprises, a decent thriller from BBC and not inane stuff it dishes out - except probably for the finale that bears the BBC stamp.

Solid and strong plot & story, NO fancy gimmicks & cliched dialogues! Twists every few minutes. Nothing is ever as it seems. WYSINWYG - What you see is not what you get!

Thriller lovers - do not miss. I rate it 9/10. One point taken away for the finale.

Source: Downloaded

The Capture
1h per episode | Crime, Mystery, Thriller | TV Mini-Series (2019– )

This looks really interesting ... getting this ... thnx for sharing

6 hour-long episodes. The first 5 of them were edge of the seat stuff in this crime mystery thriller mini-series. The finale was a bit slow for me but still better than most recent shows. Surprise of surprises, a decent thriller from BBC and not inane stuff it dishes out - except probably for the finale that bears the BBC stamp.

Solid and strong plot & story, NO fancy gimmicks & cliched dialogues! Twists every few minutes. Nothing is ever as it seems. WYSINWYG - What you see is not what you get!

Thriller lovers - do not miss. I rate it 9/10. One point taken away for the finale.

The Capture
1h per episode | Crime, Mystery, Thriller | TV Mini-Series (2019– )

Took your review and watched it... man I really liked it. From the first episode till the one before final, it was really entertaining along with an edge of the seat drama. Though as you said the last episode took off a bit but over all it is a great show.
Thanks for recommending.

Took your review and watched it... man I really liked it. From the first episode till the one before final, it was really entertaining along with an edge of the seat drama. Though as you said the last episode took off a bit but over all it is a great show.
Thanks for recommending.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Started watching "The Hunters" in APV and found to be real good so far.
An hour long episodes, but will never get bored, rather it keeps us to edge of the seat.
It's a story on band of Nazi hunters in NewYork during 1977 starring Al Pacino ....

Danish Ali Baig: Don’t you want to know the truth about what happened?
Nanki Dutta: Why? Is the truth going to set me free?
Danish: I can’t be sure about that, but I do know that denial won’t.

Guilty on Netflix starring Kiara Advani: Despite it’s many deficiencies, worth a watch.

Finished Sinners S1 and about to finish S2, the whydunnit on Netflix. Dark, creepy with good character development and a good watch for lovers of the psychological/Crime genre.

Started DARK on Netflix, with so huge rave reviews I currently am a little disappointed with the first 4 episodes atleast. I am finding hard time keeping my interest, it not getting as interesting as I would have wanted. Its super slow (which I am ok, but ) still it has to be interesting.

If anyone has seen DARK complete seasons, can guide if it gets interesting after 4 episodes or if not then I will ditch it.

Last edited:
Most of us were frustrated with the delay tactics, avenues open to criminals to prolong the court cases and appeal after appeal to prevent punishment being meted out that dragged the Nirbhaya case for 8 years. India alone does not suffer from archaic laws and ineffective guidelines. No wonder most cases involving influential people drag on for decades and these culprits may die due to natural causes before justice prevails! You know where we inherited these laws from!

Thanks to Janta curfew - binge watched "A Confession" an ITV (British) production. Six episodes of 45 minutes each. This true story mini-series is well acted and presented. The loopholes available in the justice system for criminals to exploit, morons who are stickler for such stupid rules, imbecile bosses and ambitious underlings waiting to pull you down etc felt so real that they left me infuriated - reason for the rant in the above paragraph!

Worth a watch - I rate it 8/10
A Confession 45min | Biography, Crime, Drama | TV Mini-Series (2019)

Time now for a Swedish series! 8 episodes of around 50minutes. Available on Netflix. Excellent production, editing, very good pace, tight script and presentation - binge watched over two days! Nail biting, edge of the seat stuff with some interesting twists and turns! My other favourite in this genre Homeland - the recent seasons seem a little bit drab compared to this. Pervin played by Gizen Erdogan and Nora Rios as Sulle get into the skin of their roles well.

Are the superlatives really the effect of lock-down?! Checking back, some situations do seem a bit contrived, bgm not up to mark, hated the season finale, you do need to pay attention to and remember who is who... and so on. Some may feel that it takes a rather one sided view of a particular community - some are portrayed as evil, most others are easily brainwashed or swayed by propaganda.

Plot: National Security agent Fatima receives a tip that a terrorist attack against Sweden is in the planning stage. Meanwhile Sulle, a teenage girl in Stockholm, gets interested in her student assistant who opens doors to a new and fascinating world - the true path. Kalifat (original name) is a thriller about the intermingled fates of five young women who get caught up in the seducing and destroying force of religious fundamentalism.

My rating 8.5 / 10

Caliphate Kalifat (original title)TV-MA | Drama, Thriller | TV Series (2020– )

Started DARK on Netflix, with so huge rave reviews I currently am a little disappointed with the first 4 episodes atleast. I am finding hard time keeping my interest, it not getting as interesting as I would have wanted. Its super slow (which I am ok, but ) still it has to be interesting.

If anyone has seen DARK complete seasons, can guide if it gets interesting after 4 episodes or if not then I will ditch it.
Yes
It gets interesting by the end of the season. It's like "playing chess alone" after that :)

Money Heist on Netflix : Absolutely gripping story line.. just 3 episodes out yet.. About the biggest bank robbery on Spain..

Time for some easy viewing action/thriller/crime drama stuff after the intense Caliphate and A Confession.

Covert Affairs is on Amazon prime. The original series ran from 2010-2014. Has a critics rating of 93% on rotten tomatoes, imdb rating of 7.3.

It is a slick, entertaining espionage drama. Piper Perabo is the central character - a female spy (It is PG rated before you get your hopes up!) who evolves from being a greenhorn fetching coffee for her colleagues to a seasoned spy. A blind tech geek supports her ops. Finished first season of 11 episodes of roughly 45 minutes each in about two days - once again thanks to the lock-down! 3 episodes into the second season. Bit cliched, predictable, but actions scenes are pretty good and plot of each standalone episode is also engaging.

Covert Affairs TV-PG | 1h | Action, Crime, Drama | TV Series (2010–2014)

Just watched first episode of Asur (voot). It has gripped me for sure. Will post how it goes from here on.

I had also watched a Korean series a while back. "Secret Forest". Was excellent. For me, After so many movies and this series, I have come to identify "Korean Thriller" as separate Genre now! :p

P.S. S2 of Secret Forest is due in July I guess.

I left Asur .. in the second episode itself..... ... technically week...even though it TRIES to project as highly technical but fails ..... ..... ...one small example .... which postmortem is done without proper masks ......

I also left Bard of Blood in midway same issue tries to be technical but falls flat ...

On the other hand, a TVF production called "Panchayat" on APV was much much better .... Indian TV series are good when they stick to their core strength ..... shows like this and another from the same maker called "Hostel Daz" both awesome Indian web series ....

I left Asur .. in the second episode itself..... ... technically week...even though it TRIES to project as highly technical but fails ..... ..... ...one small example .... which postmortem is done without proper masks ......

I also left Bard of Blood in midway same issue tries to be technical but falls flat ...

On the other hand, a TVF production called "Panchayat" on APV was much much better .... Indian TV series are good when they stick to their core strength ..... shows like this and another from the same maker called "Hostel Daz" both awesome Indian web series ....
I am in till 6th now. Yes, there are technically weak or over the top things. It's good in parts though.

Finished Vikings on Netflix till present day, series is yet to conclude though. I must say its greatest plus is the coverage of the Nordics history on various country progressed or got founded back in the 7th-8th century. Who would have wondered that Russians were flying balloons when Norwegians (where is there is highest ration of electric cars now) were eating raw animal meat and living like barbarians.

I also finished Piccard and must say its heading towards being one of the best treks ever.

Next on list are Money Heist, Outlander (Time travel), and Fauda.

Any hoichoi fans here?

Counterpart.. I am always intrigued by plots that involve time travel or multiverse, the Synopsys of counterpart had the parallel world in it and had 8+ rating on IMDB so I gave it a try, and I must say I was not disappointed. The concept of parallel universe or multiverse has been done countless times, but I must say the premise on this show was done in the most unique manner. There is, of course, the concept of a parallel universe, but the idea of two worlds involved in a political war or a cold war per se was very different. Loved it. On the top performance by J.K. Simmons as Howard Silk was impeccable. Once is a meek docile and the other one is a stud and boy oh boy the dude managed to inculcate the mannerism to the highest detail to bring that distinction in two personalities. I was blown by the nuances he brought in each and every single dialogue delivery that made it so distinctively clear who is who. Kodos. The plot goes very slow in the middle but picks up later. People fan of some intellectual thriller. This is the show for you....its 7.2/10 for this one

Available on Sony Live

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back