Fans of Television Series

If you are looking for a long "easy watch" kind of series that also has something interesting happening, go for "Without a trace" that ran for 7 seasons. It is about an FBI squad for tracing missing persons. Good cast, good story telling and some interesting twists help you enjoy most episodes. Later seasons delve a bit into the personal life of the lead characters, but do not get to be a drag. Worth a watch if you are looking for something to spend time on.
source:downloaded

If the current day image of Israeli defence forces is that of a well organised, well equipped, mean fighting force, this series presents them in an entirely different light during the 1973 Yom Kippur war. Some of the soldiers are cry babies, some whine constantly, some are so selfish that you feel like wringing their neck!

If this is a realistic depiction of the Israeli army, I'm surprised the country still exists. Military discipline was non-existent; arguing about orders, no clear chain of command, soldiers running around questioning each other about what they should do in the middle of combat. They acted like they had never drilled for anything. They sat around talking about their feelings and had personal conversations over military radios as if they were cell phones. There was no organizing defenses, no next in chain-of-command stepping in when an officer was lost. It was embarrassing to watch. Looks like Israel has some "anti-national" ;) 'creators' as well - as it is strange to see an Israeli show depicting their armed forces in such a poor light.

I do not generally like this genre! In spite of the flawed characters, I found it strangely fascinating - though at 1.4x to 2x speeds! May be the expression of the futility of war and waste of human life is what appealed to me! Some profound dialogs and a variety of human behaviour even during adversity, ranging from love to anger, loyalty to treachery.

Watch the original Hebrew version with subs like I did, rather than the netflix dubbed version as many have berated the dubbed version to be lousy.
Good or bad - give it a watch! I still have a few final episodes to go. Source: downloaded

Line of Duty on Netflix: Season 5 is now out. The Anti-Corruption Unit is still looking for ‘H’. Pretty gripping and a very nice audio mix (lots of subtle, realistic details). Highly recommended!

Line of Duty on Netflix: Season 5 is now out. The Anti-Corruption Unit is still looking for ‘H’. Pretty gripping and a very nice audio mix (lots of subtle, realistic details). Highly recommended!
Yeah, the only thing as I mentioned in my review is the delay in releasing the most recent season. Its shaping up well with the new admission in the police department. I am eagerly waiting :)

If the current day image of Israeli defence forces is that of a well organised, well equipped, mean fighting force, this series presents them in an entirely different light during the 1973 Yom Kippur war. Some of the soldiers are cry babies, some whine constantly, some are so selfish that you feel like wringing their neck!

If this is a realistic depiction of the Israeli army, I'm surprised the country still exists. Military discipline was non-existent; arguing about orders, no clear chain of command, soldiers running around questioning each other about what they should do in the middle of combat. They acted like they had never drilled for anything. They sat around talking about their feelings and had personal conversations over military radios as if they were cell phones. There was no organizing defenses, no next in chain-of-command stepping in when an officer was lost. It was embarrassing to watch. Looks like Israel has some "anti-national" ;) 'creators' as well - as it is strange to see an Israeli show depicting their armed forces in such a poor light.

I do not generally like this genre! In spite of the flawed characters, I found it strangely fascinating - though at 1.4x to 2x speeds! May be the expression of the futility of war and waste of human life is what appealed to me! Some profound dialogs and a variety of human behaviour even during adversity, ranging from love to anger, loyalty to treachery.

Watch the original Hebrew version with subs like I did, rather than the netflix dubbed version as many have berated the dubbed version to be lousy.
Good or bad - give it a watch! I still have a few final episodes to go. Source: downloaded

I am currently watching Mossad 101. Will add this to the playlist. Since this is not on Netflix India, I would either wait or probably download and watch.

Yeah, the only thing as I mentioned in my review is the delay in releasing the most recent season. Its shaping up well with the new admission in the police department. I am eagerly waiting :)
Watched it on BBC iplayer, last year. If you have a VPN, it is easy to watch these shows on BBC.

A highly infectious, deadly virus from the central African rain forest suddenly appears in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. There is no cure. In a few days 90 percent of its victims are dead. A secret military SWAT team of soldiers and scientists is mobilized to stop the outbreak of this exotic "hot" virus. The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their "crashes" into the human race. Shocking, frightening, and impossible to ignore, The Hot Zone proves that truth really is scarier than fiction.

This is the synopsis of the non-fiction book by Robert Preston and the TV show Hot Zone is based on this book. It is a 6 part series. Gripping, scary and worth a watch, relevant to our troubled times, but also has a fair share of medical/scientific inaccuracies (or is it the sign of the times 1989?) and totally avoidable unnecessary family/relationship, contrived melodrama thrown in. But definitely worth a watch.

Breaking Bad is outstanding! Season 4 just wound up 2 weeks ago.

Also liked The Wire so much I bought the whole series box set DVDs. Other favorites are Walking Dead, Dexter and The Killing (US version) and the Prohibition drama Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buscemi and lavishly produced by Scorsese.

For those who like Westerns, Deadwood may hit the spot.
Breaking bad is my all time favourite, after GOT

Flower of Evil - Korean TV series on Netflix - worth watching.
Enjoyed the story telling and they've kept the suspense from beginning to end, which is typical of Korean thrillers.
Took me some time to get used to keep reading the subtitles. Worth the watch indeed, thanks for the recommendation.

Watched it on BBC iplayer, last year. If you have a VPN, it is easy to watch these shows on BBC.
I am conflicted:(. Should I buy and should I not - VPN I mean. If free, which to use and which to buy. Too much to think - any help?? I would love suggestions to install it on my Firestick 4K;) :D :D

A highly infectious, deadly virus from the central African rain forest suddenly appears in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. There is no cure. In a few days 90 percent of its victims are dead. A secret military SWAT team of soldiers and scientists is mobilized to stop the outbreak of this exotic "hot" virus. The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their "crashes" into the human race. Shocking, frightening, and impossible to ignore, The Hot Zone proves that truth really is scarier than fiction.

This is the synopsis of the non-fiction book by Robert Preston and the TV show Hot Zone is based on this book. It is a 6 part series. Gripping, scary and worth a watch, relevant to our troubled times, but also has a fair share of medical/scientific inaccuracies (or is it the sign of the times 1989?) and totally avoidable unnecessary family/relationship, contrived melodrama thrown in. But definitely worth a watch.

Is it on NF or APV? Which OTT platform is it on?

Breaking Bad is outstanding! Season 4 just wound up 2 weeks ago.

Also liked The Wire so much I bought the whole series box set DVDs. Other favorites are Walking Dead, Dexter and The Killing (US version) and the Prohibition drama Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buscemi and lavishly produced by Scorsese.

For those who like Westerns, Deadwood may hit the spot.
Watch The Shield. I think you'll like it. Also, The Sopranos and Peaky Blinders (the best gangster show IMHO)

Watched this sometime back. Excellent show.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back