Fans of Television Series

I am conflicted:(. Should I buy and should I not - VPN I mean. If free, which to use and which to buy. Too much to think - any help?? I would love suggestions to install it on my Firestick 4K;) :D :D
Free will not work for streaming videos, even paid will not sometimes. Get some good deal on 2 or 3 years offer.I use purevpn and its ok, not the best. I dont need the more expensive options, as my usage is limited.

Free will not work for streaming videos, even paid will not sometimes. Get some good deal on 2 or 3 years offer.I use purevpn and its ok, not the best. I dont need the more expensive options, as my usage is limited.
Thanks my friend. Am getting a good deal on Nord VPN. Let me check that.

I use Jiofiber, get 50-60 Mbps out of 150mbps connection , with vpn. Has anyone setup vpn from the jio router? Sorry if we are digressing from the Main thread.

If you just want to stream geo blocked content, smart DNS should be ok. But if you want additional privacy and encryption, you need VPN.

Mossad 101 (Netflix)(originally named Hamidrasha) - A watchable fare with 2 seasons for all those who like Israeli serials. I feel second season was better than the first. Its about Mossad training their new recruits in their spy academy. The cast include the very handsome Yehuda Levi as Yona and Liron Vaisman as Abigail. Its the ususal ups and downs they face as trainers and how the politics, corruption and selfish motives can cause problems for them. Good cast with some great actors.

Taken Down (Voot) - Irish drama. Having lived in Ireland for a few years, I am biased towards the Irish and everything Irish. Including their Guinness( though I don't drink) and Hurling. I thought I would see the lovely landscape and curl inside my blanket and go off to sleep listening to their endearing accent. But, nothing! Disappointing story about the murder of a Nigerian immigrant forced to work as a prostitute. The usual turns and twists and investigation of a low budget series follows with the lead lady fighting her own demons and her higher-ups. Another immigrant is thrown in the mix with her 2 sons who is an important witness. Ah - forget it. I felt a little let down by the story line and the serial as a viewer. Give it a skip.

Mossad 101 (Netflix)(originally named Hamidrasha) - A watchable fare with 2 seasons for all those who like Israeli serials. I feel second season was better than the first. Its about Mossad training their new recruits in their spy academy. The cast include the very handsome Yehuda Levi as Yona and Liron Vaisman as Abigail. Its the ususal ups and downs they face as trainers and how the politics, corruption and selfish motives can cause problems for them. Good cast with some great actors.
Started it some months back, but stopped after a few episodes. Re-started and watched 3 episodes just today and here is your review. 10 episodes of S01 done so far, Definitely watchable.

Capitani - a whodunnit - Luxembourg is about a murder investigation of a 15 year old village girl. The villagers do not seem to care about finding the killer and obstruct the investigation at every turn! But a dogged police inspector unravels the truth. Some what interesting watch!

on Netflix but may be not for India

Watched and enjoyed the first season of Follow the Money - (original Danish title Bedrag). is a Nordic Noir Crime, Drama, Thriller with some good performances by the cast. Episodes are a bit long at about an hour each.

A big relief is that this series did not have the now mandatory, forcefully inserted LGBT character or the token "racially inclusive" cast that seems to be the norm with almost every US/UK serial today. That this serial was aired in 2016 may be one of the reasons for this exclusion!

It all starts with a death investigation in a green energy company's windfarm. The detective goes all out to expose / destroy the company and what happens in the process forms the plot of this series. It does have its dose of drama dwelling a bit into the lives of the detective and some cast members.

Definitely worth a watch.
Source: downloaded

Watched Behind her eyes - a psycho thriller - worth a watch but watch till the end! If you find the pace too slow, then run the slow portions at1.5- 2x speed as I did!

on Netflix (not for India I guess!)
Thanks. Was filling in the gap with Meateater S02 on Netflix. Started Cold Courage (SonyLIV) with wife, but will start with Behind Her Eyes now. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Capitani - a whodunnit - Luxembourg is about a murder investigation of a 15 year old village girl. The villagers do not seem to care about finding the killer and obstruct the investigation at every turn! But a dogged police inspector unravels the truth. Some what interesting watch!

on Netflix but may be not for India
I loved the way Capitani is shown in this series. Also, this was my first Luxemborg serial. Turned out to be nice. Looks like we share common tastes. :)

Completed My Mister Korean drama recently. Very different theme and nicely handled throughout. See till 3 episodes, you will get a grip of it. Highly recommended. Right at the top of my good watch list along with Prison playbook and Reply series.

Please let me know how Cold Courage turns out. If you like it, I will watch it!
Cold Courage (SonyLIV) - This, well, how should I put it - is a blow hot, blow cold series. Its fabulous in patches and tackles a very important subject of abuse. Let me explain - something happens and it continues. You keep on wondering, why? how? what? then comes a small flashback and you get the idea. Then it continues, now since your interest is piqued, you continue with questions, and then some of the plot is revealed. You'll really wonder why or how Lia(Sofia Pekkari) can behave so stupid sometimes? There is Mari (Pihla Viitala - Deadwind (Netflix)) who runs a clandestine organization called The Studio. Both these women are Finnish (in real life too I presume) and happen to cross paths at a rally organized for a London politician Arthur Fried (John Simm). I'll let the series answer the rest of your questions. It takes a little while to warm up to this series. But once you do, its a decent watch. For me, John Simm is the highlight and steals the show. The climax is shot like a Christopher Nolan movie and definitely paves way for season 2. Be patient for the first 2 episodes and you'll like it.

I am not sure if I have written about I'll Be Gone In The Dark (Hotstar). If I have, please read that review, if not, I'll continue. It's about one woman's crusade and obsession to find a lesser known serial killer dubbed as the Golden State Killer. It's based on the book by her with the same name. This 6 part documentary shows the relentless investigation Michelle McNamara and some others did to find this GSK. Michelle's book humanizes the victims, highlights their struggles and puts it there on the table for all to see. It pains to see later in the documentary when each of the victims introduce themselves as "I am number so and so" to the other victims. It is horrifying to know that this killer blatantly continued without being caught for so long. What multiplies the horror is the apathy of the law enforcement. When you watch this you'll clearly see they have missed on so many clues. You as the viewer literally would want to scream and tell them which angle to follow. But, looks like this job was finally done by Michelle and her friends. Sadly, at a price. Somewhere I felt it was too little too late. A brilliant documentary by HBO.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back