Floor Standing Speakers that hits you in the chest kinda ....Under 1 L

Yes I have to agree that the professional powered speakers would give the biggest thump for the largest chest.

But the OP's requirements are different and a bit confusing. He likes sort of chest hitting bass without compromising audiophile qualities, that is, if I have read him right from his last thread.
Exactly

During 2008,

I made a pair of floorstanders with 8",6-1/2" and 5-1/2" woofers ....

I had creative 2.1 system ....

Replaced the creative's woofer with the two floor Standers ..... is., Connected the woofer output to the floorstanders .... It was hardly 20 W but the sound it produced was breathtaking .... The bass was superb ....

It was a small room 10x10 ft

Another experiment I did was I made separate cabinets for 6 1/2 " and 8" woofers ( made a pair so 4 cabinets )

I then placed 6 1/2" cabinet on the top of 8" cabinet .... One on left one on right ( pairs know) ....

And on top of 6 1/2" cabinets I placed the tweeters of creative (system I had )

Connected the sub out of the creative to all the 4 cabinets ....

And then I played Taal title track .... & the sound came out of it was simply phenomenal .... Thumping bass that hits you in the chest kinda .... No distortion ....

I then played many songs .... It was amazing .... I then thought so this is how full range floor Standers sound like .... Wow ....

And guess what they were made of paper cones .... and all 4 woofers were around less than 1500 Rs in total .... It was 4000 in total to make it ....

Those cabinets looked ugly .... I used to cover them with bed sheets ....

I then thought today I don't have the money .... but when I will have the money then I will buy a good pair of speakers and no compromise on the sound quality ....

I used to wonder if this can do this in just this much amount of money then what about the professional speakers they will be amazing ....

I am looking for such kinda speakers .... Hope everyone got it ....

No I don't want to go through DIY route .... :)

I am thinking…

“Hit you in the chest“ bass means: Fast and powerful waves of air pressure that can be felt by the body, including the chest cavity means that large enough displacement of air at brief/fast intervals. In a closed space.

A large enough (10” or more?) woofer cone powered adequately in a small or medium sized room should move enough air to create such pressure waves.

This can be inside the towers or in a separate box (a separate subwoofer)

Then it’s about selecting the best quality of these within your budget.

@Rajkumars after the suggestions above did you have any short list of tower speakers or SW?
Revel Concerta 2 F36 in my head currently ....

But it can go upto 50 Hz only :(

I am thinking…

“Hit you in the chest“ bass means: Fast and powerful waves of air pressure that can be felt by the body, including the chest cavity means that large enough displacement of air at brief/fast intervals. In a closed space.

A large enough (10” or more?) woofer cone powered adequately in a small or medium sized room should move enough air to create such pressure waves.

This can be inside the towers or in a separate box (a separate subwoofer)

Then it’s about selecting the best quality of these within your budget.

@Rajkumars after the suggestions above did you have any short list of tower speakers or SW?
I was also thinking the same, large pockets of air hitting fast creates this sense mainly at 50-40hz where there is most of the bass like drums. Another fact that I observed in most of the response graphs is, this is the frequency spot always you see a dip In many rooms :p.

Hi all .... I was looking for For Bookshelves that could do it .... But couldn't find any .... So I am looking among Floor Standers now ..... It should produce clean thumping bass .... hits you in the chest kinda ....

Room Size : 22 ft x 15 ft
If budget can be stretched a bit, try auditioning KEF R3s, they are compact and have good bass. Other option will be to go for LS50/sub combo.

Today had gone to while listen mission LX2 MKII paired with Marantz SR5009 at a friend's place.
Guess what, he has 2 huge passive speakers used as subs powered by a power amplifier used for DJ equipment.

The bass and the frequencies which hit you in chest are more than 90% present. Each bullet shot I could feel it. Crazy performance.

Here is a old picture.
Screenshot_20210718-015336_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
Today had gone to while listen mission LX2 MKII paired with Marantz SR5009 at a friend's place.
Guess what, he has 2 huge passive speakers used as subs powered by a power amplifier used for DJ equipment.

The bass and the frequencies which hit you in chest are more than 90% present. Each bullet shot I could feel it. Crazy performance.

Here is a old picture.
View attachment 59703
@amrutmhatre90, Not sure if you are just displaying the teddy bear toy collection in the picture or you are using f them to treat acoustics. But, I think the idea of using soft stuffed toys as sound diffusers could be interesting specially if I had a lot of them and enough racks.

@amrutmhatre90, Not sure if you are just displaying the teddy bear toy collection in the picture or you are using f them to treat acoustics. But, I think the idea of using soft stuffed toys as sound diffusers could be interesting specially if I had a lot of them and enough racks.
These are not mine, friends daughters :p
I was showing the sub size and type used for hit in the chest.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back