Floor Standing Speakers that hits you in the chest kinda ....Under 1 L

I'm curious, what are you looking for in terms of responses from the people here? You have already been handed the answer. Do you wish for people to name a certain speaker you are considering as right for the job?

Some active subwoofers has a mode selector of Depth and Slam

If you need slam then boost the 80-200 Hz range in the equalizer. It will hit your chest.

Alternately go for DIY floorstanders using pro drivers and you should achieve your objectives in your budget

Hi all .... I was looking for For Bookshelves that could do it .... But couldn't find any .... So I am looking among Floor Standers now ..... It should produce clean thumping bass .... hits you in the chest kinda ....

Room Size : 22 ft x 15 ft
Go for Indiq audio diamond achall .you won't disappointed.they are v much different from platinum achall.woofer is heavier by 4.5 kg than the woofer in platinum.givez you chest thumping bass.

Some active subwoofers has a mode selector of Depth and Slam

If you need slam then boost the 80-200 Hz range in the equalizer. It will hit your chest.

Alternately go for DIY floorstanders using pro drivers and you should achieve your objectives in your budget

I second that

Interesting one ....

How about DIY route for a floorstander ....
In my opinion DIY is an arduous route. There are many DIY gurus in this forum who can help you with the design, but execution will be pretty much your responsibility. Have ample time and patience to pull it off also you will come to know about the sound signature only once it is done and could be a hit or a miss.

This is going to be a long shot.
Contact SIVA Audio's, Bhavani. That dude can build you exactly what you want.
I follow him from time to time on You Tube. His projects are pretty crude in their implementation but I am sure he can get you what you want. Just don't expect any kind of refinement.
As for the KEF Q950, don't expect chest thumping bass. They are big speakers but chest level bass is not what it was designed for. The two speakers at the bottom are also passive radiators. Its a different kind of bass. Not at a level you'd get from say an old JBL 10 or 12 incher floor stand like the old 4800.

This is going to be a long shot.
Contact SIVA Audio's, Bhavani. That dude can build you exactly what you want.
I follow him from time to time on You Tube. His projects are pretty crude in their implementation but I am sure he can get you what you want. Just don't expect any kind of refinement.
As for the KEF Q950, don't expect chest thumping bass. They are big speakers but chest level bass is not what it was designed for. The two speakers at the bottom are also passive radiators. Its a different kind of bass. Not at a level you'd get from say an old JBL 10 or 12 incher floor stand like the old 4800.
The 2 radiators do play out of phase right ?

Does that not cancel out a portion of the bass ?

What ever speaker you end up buying, if you can figure out a way to add a target curve to your sound, then a 2 to 3 db boost at 100hz, will definitely give you that punchy bass. But wether it reaches to hit your chest, or falls flat on the floor in front of you, will depend entirely on the size of the bass driver. The bigger the better here.

I did see someone recommend a passive Yamaha speaker. And I heard a active Yamaha pro speaker with a big driver , I think it was the DBR 15, with a massive 15 inch driver. It's bass was excellent. And for a pro speaker, it did everything we snobbishly associate to be the exclusive realm of hifi speakers, really well. It imaged really well with a huge sound stage. This was years ago, but they did leave a unforgettable listening impression on me.

For under a lakh, get a pair of these speakers, and add a mini dsp with xlr outs. Now put in PEQ filter with a 2db boost at 100hz. And keep playing with the "Q" value, till that bass hits hard enough, to throw you off your chair :D

All the best :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back