From my current setup, what could be the next upgrade under 50 to 70k??

Since I didnt see you specify, what is it that you use your setup for - primarily movies? If yes, what is the display you use, is it a TV or a projector.

If its a TV, moving to a projector screen is going to be a far bigger upgrade than adding an AVR.

sud98 ...
Projector is really a great idea. I will do that for sure. But right now I have a basic audio setup. I will upgrade it as far as I can, and focus on projector next year. Right not I am using 55inch tv. But honestly, I never taught of projector till now. Thanks for giving a hint bro !!!

I have a full 7.2 set up, the maximum my Pioneer VSX 1131 can support--FL, FR, C, SL, SR, BSL, BSR, HL, HR (9 Speakers in total) + 2 Subwoofer, HL & HR configured in the middle of the ceiling, Back surrounds in the rear ceiling positions.

When the source is Dolby Atmos/DTS-X, the discreet object based sound formats, the surround effect is natural. For example suppose a scene where a helicopter is flying it appears as if the helicopter is hovering, overhead. There is no virtual sound.

Now when the source is just a 5.1 DD, the Extended Stereo besides playing the standard 5.1 surround sound, also sends surround signals to Middle height speakers and back surrounds. Complimenting each other, the overall surround effect is more satisfactory than a simple 5.1 surround effect. There is no virtual sound.

Hi pranjandas, I am really surprised to know we can connect 9 speakers to a 7.2 reciever.:yahoo:
I was thinking we can connect only 7 speakers to a 7.2 (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Secondly, I can not add BSL, BSR due to my room (20ftx11ft, and sitting position is an L shaped sofa at the rear end of the room)
I want to use a conventional 5.2 speaker positions, and 4 atmos seakers in the ceiling. Is it possible with Pioneer VSX 1131???

Thanks in advance :)

That's correct, it is 7 channel receiver. It has provisions to connect 9 channels but will drive only 7 at a time, depending on the configuration you choose. Cheapest 9 channel you can get is Maratz SR 6011, it again has provisions to connect 11 channels but will drive only 9 at a time.

Apart from Atmos, I have the following alternate ideas...

Option1: Replace Taga5.0 with premium speakers (separates)

Option2: Replace YHT196 AVR with a better one. (May be something like Marantz, which may change the sound signature mainly)

Option3: Get an AVR with 5.2 "preouts" and add power amp later. (This is only for shear power and punch, but my setup will be still 5.1 or 5.2) :eek:hyeah:

Option4: Ofcourse an atmos setup with ceiling speakers.

Still thinking which of these is better... :lol:

About projectors :

If you have a 1080p tv now its a good idea to upgrade to a 1080p projector. Look into xgimi projectors. It aint a great idea since you ll soon see 4k projectors at mainstream price

I am planning to buy 4k projector when it comes for 100k price range. That ll happen in a year or two but surely.

4k contents are starting to become available in torrents. Better wait and buy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Still thinking which of these is better... :lol:

Look at what you have already & try to build from there..You already have a 5.1 AVR + Taga 5.0 speakers.. You can consider adding one (or) two identical subs of your choice in your budget..

One you have done adding subs, you can then look at a capable AVR (7.2.4)+ re-use Yamaha satellite speakers for ceiling (or) add good in-ceiling speakers with your budget..

Dear Elangoas,

I will definitely follow your advise. I will make the best use of my current setup and speakers. Right now I am working on adding a sub, and getting a stereo amp too.

Once it is done I will focus on AVR. Upto 7.2 channels the price of new avrs is affordable for me. 7.2.4 etc are beyond my budget. :eek:hyeah:

But if I get tempted, I may go for it too. :lol:

Thanks a lot for all the help !!!!:)

Upto 7.2 channels the price of new avrs is affordable for me. 7.2.4 etc are beyond my budget. :eek:hyeah:

But if I get tempted, I may go for it too. :lol:

I was referring to a 9.2 AVR capable of 11.2 with additional amplifier.. Keep looking for new model AVR, just when they announce the newer series (every year), grab the old model :eek:hyeah:

Sure Elangoas,...
This is something im trying to understand. How do we know when the new series are announced by each company? I hope following their websites regularly is the way to go.... or is there any specific season generally companies announce... or following some audio video magazines....something like that....

Me and naveen are cousines, and both have similar setups. We keep discussing a bit... and i follow many threads of yours... very knowledgeable:clapping:

Hello Elangoas,

Now i understood. 9.2avr capable of 11.2:)
My wife would kill me if she knows that im spending big money (for me) on home theater. :lol:

But I will follow your suggestion. Thank you

Sure Elangoas,...
This is something im trying to understand. How do we know when the new series are announced by each company? I hope following their websites regularly is the way to go.... or is there any specific season generally companies announce... or following some audio video magazines....something like that....

Yes.. Following them on social media is also good.. Usually around mid of the year models are announced..

Me and naveen are cousines, and both have similar setups. We keep discussing a bit... and i follow many threads of yours... very knowledgeable:clapping:

Thanks..Just sharing to the best of my abilities..:)

Hello Elangoas,

Now i understood. 9.2avr capable of 11.2:)
My wife would kill me if she knows that im spending big money (for me) on home theater. :lol:

But I will follow your suggestion. Thank you

:eek:hyeah:

But again.... one question is repeatedly bothering me.

Which is a better option?
1. Go for a 9.2/11.2 avr and get a dolby atmos setup or....
2. Stick to 5.2 for a while and upgrade my 5.0 speakers with premium separates. (Left Right & Center)

I am unable to judge Which of the above options give a high quality(clrity) and punchy theater experience.

I have an estimate on how my current taga5.0 performs. (Option 1 fully utilizes all the speakers i have.) Bigger problem is limited audition options in Hyderabad.

But unable to clearly decide between those two options.

Thanks & Regards
Naveen

At this moment I am guessing the best thing is ....
1. Get an Atmos avr,...
2. Setup with using all the speakers i currently have....

(Experience this for a few weeks....)

3. Upgrade center channel if needed
4. Upgrade Left and Right if needed ....

This way it will be future proof I am guessing ...

Regards,
Naveen

But again.... one question is repeatedly bothering me.

Which is a better option?
1. Go for a 9.2/11.2 avr and get a dolby atmos setup or....
2. Stick to 5.2 for a while and upgrade my 5.0 speakers with premium separates. (Left Right & Center)

I am unable to judge Which of the above options give a high quality(clrity) and punchy theater experience.

I have an estimate on how my current taga5.0 performs. (Option 1 fully utilizes all the speakers i have.) Bigger problem is limited audition options in Hyderabad.

But unable to clearly decide between those two options.

Thanks & Regards
Naveen

I think, the feel of having 11.2 set-up is just killing you..:eek:hyeah:

Skip the dual subs, get the 11.2 capable AVR.. Your FS can do the bass to an extent.. Add 1 (or) 2 subs when ever you can..

Once you have done, then evaluate if you need upgrade any speakers..IMO, not reqd..

At this moment I am guessing the best thing is ....
1. Get an Atmos avr,...
2. Setup with using all the speakers i currently have....

(Experience this for a few weeks....)

Yes.. that would be best..

3. Upgrade center channel if needed
4. Upgrade Left and Right if needed ....

This way it will be future proof I am guessing ...

Regards,
Naveen

IMO, don't think it is reqd.. Bcoz you would have spent a considerable amt of money on your components..

All the movie encodes online support max 7.2 audio channel

So a 9.2 channel avr can do 7.2.4 atmos

Atmos contents are 30 gb and above. You need a good internet connection and need to be a member of a good private tracker. Or buy bluray dvds. They sell for 1000 bucks each at amazon.in

There are many other things that can enhance your movie experience. A recliner if you like them. Air conditioning, sound proofing of walls and windows, carpets, internet connection and vpn

Check out mi box, nvidia shield tv if you like them

If you wanna definitely buy a speaker, get a subwoofer and make it 5.2 ( provided you have an avr that has 2 subwoofer outs)

Mid end receivers like denon x3300 and all high end receivers have 2 subwoofer ports. Each port gives out different effects. Some low to mid end receivers say they have 2 sub outs but they are connected together and they output same sound equally between 2 subwoofers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back