Group Buy - Panasonic 50VT20

Status
Not open for further replies.
50VT20 is on display at Pune-Aundh croma if anyone is interested. Currently no offers and the same salesman from whom I got it said that now they wont even give a discount. But there are many pieces in stock!

79999. The salesman said the Diwali offer was best offer and has been discontinued.

Check with Unrealistic. There was nothing as "Diwali" offer except for the keyboard and scratch card (keyboard is pretty much still available with Croma and Panasonic Brand shops at Bangalore). Unrealistic got a price of 72k with 2x glasses AFTER Diwali.

One thing we should get out of our minds is that the stocks these Croma folks have is the SAME they had during the Diwali and they were not getting any special deal from Panasonic and whatever they were selling was their own offer. It did

Unrealistic - I would really appreciate if you could share info on where you got the offer of 72k for VT20 and 75k for ST30. You could PM me if you do not wish to share here.

Thanks for the info, I have also decided to go for 50VT20

Can you guys suggest a dealer in Chennai who is ready it sell around ~ 72K, Croma has no stocks in Chennai.

Check with Unrealistic. There was nothing as "Diwali" offer except for the keyboard and scratch card (keyboard is pretty much still available with Croma and Panasonic Brand shops at Bangalore). Unrealistic got a price of 72k with 2x glasses AFTER Diwali.

One thing we should get out of our minds is that the stocks these Croma folks have is the SAME they had during the Diwali and they were not getting any special deal from Panasonic and whatever they were selling was their own offer. It did

Unrealistic - I would really appreciate if you could share info on where you got the offer of 72k for VT20 and 75k for ST30. You could PM me if you do not wish to share here.

Hey buddy, I have no issues in sharing the deal(s) I got. If it can benefit someone else, then why not?

50VT20D:

I took the bill one of the members shared (Croma bill for 72K with 2x glasses from Chennai or Cochin or some place) to the Mega Mall, Oshiwara Croma store. I negotiated to the same price of 72K with 1 pair of glasses and 3 years of warranty, no keyboard.

I then insisted I want 2x glasses as it was the Diwali offer and that I was getting the same deal in Pune (Which I was, with the keyboard). He checked his inventory, got the approval for the 72K deal with 2x glasses and 1+2 year extended warranty. He was the floor manager, I've forgotten his name.

50ST30D:

Mr. Pinto (Owner of Atul Electronics - Official Panasonic Brandstore) and his brother had agreed to give me the 50ST30 with 2x glasses, keyboard and 1+2 year Extended warranty for 75K Net. This offer was tempting, and it was only valid for a day. He didn't want me to call other dealers and start a price war.

I would strongly suggest you guys get in touch with him ONLY if you intend to buy, else he'll stop giving out those deals for good.

Hope this helps! Feel free to rep =D

Cheers!

I also know of a couple of dealers in Pune who can give a great deal on the 50VT20D.

Let me know if you want those details too.

Wish we could get similar deals in Chennai as well :licklips:

Can we order the same through Croma in Chennai? Any one has contact with Croma, who can help!

Last edited:
Wish we could get similar deals in Chennai as well :licklips:

Can we order the same through Croma in Chennai? Any one has contact with Croma, who can help!

Panasonic Brand Shops are okay shipping anywhere as I talked in Bangalore. However Croma doesnt seems to be very forthcoming with the same and we may have to arrange for the shipping ourselves.

50ST30 offer is very tempting especially when it comes with 2x glasses (though again, BLASTO please don't kill me when I say I am waiting to get a price of 50ST30 to be around 65k).

We could start a GB thread for 50ST30 while waiting for VT20's price to fall below 70k! We could talk with the Panasonic Brand Shop at Mumbai to arrange for transit covered shipping from there pan India while we keep the source hidden from dealers.

Panasonic Brand Shops are okay shipping anywhere as I talked in Bangalore. However Croma doesnt seems to be very forthcoming with the same and we may have to arrange for the shipping ourselves.

50ST30 offer is very tempting especially when it comes with 2x glasses (though again, BLASTO please don't kill me when I say I am waiting to get a price of 50ST30 to be around 65k).

We could start a GB thread for 50ST30 while waiting for VT20's price to fall below 70k! We could talk with the Panasonic Brand Shop at Mumbai to arrange for transit covered shipping from there pan India while we keep the source hidden from dealers.

Prankey in my opinion TV prices fall and they fall badly for Panasonic. 50ST30 official advertised prices had fell by 5K per month at least till Oct when I was tracking that set. 50VT20 is a exception as its outdated. So if you can get the deal for the prices you mention today (or lets say within a week) then it makes sense else they will anyways fall and reach the level you are expecting.

JD Electronics has a piece in Ahmedabad for Rs 84K !!! I was informed that the piece was brand new and can be shipped to chennai...

JD electronics is available in chennai itself.
They quoted 85k when the VT20 prices were 80k elsewhere.

Hey buddy, I have no issues in sharing the deal(s) I got. If it can benefit someone else, then why not?

Cheers!

Hi,
Any idea of 42ST30D prices? I am getting a price of 69k with 2 glasses and 3 year warranty from Panasonic brand shop in GIP Mall, Noida

JD electronics is available in chennai itself.
They quoted 85k when the VT20 prices were 80k elsewhere.
Yes same with me. I usually get best prices from my sources at Bangalore but they were not willing to come to even 75k.

UPDATE - I am meeting with the Croma Area Manager at Bangalore to crack deals on VT20 and others (hopefully I can get less than 70k price). May have to arrange bills from elsewhere as they are more concerned about getting exposed through lower pricing.

Hi,
Any idea of 42ST30D prices? I am getting a price of 69k with 2 glasses and 3 year warranty from Panasonic brand shop in GIP Mall, Noida
Check the thread on my signature. Have a price of 63k with 1x glass currently, but will try to better it to around 65k with 2x glasses tomorrow.

Wich one is better, the VT20 or the ST30. Techies please help!!
Both have their own pros and cons and have been discussed several times here and on other thread. Please take some time and go through them.

In a nutshell - VT20 may have better 3D, initial black levels, has THX mode and more calibration options. ST30 has 2D to 3D conversion, better USB playback support, better handling of 50Hz content, slightly better panel quality (G14 with faster decay phosphors, resulting in cleaner looking motion, but may increase flicker in some areas).

In a nutshell - VT20 may have better 3D, initial black levels, has THX mode and more calibration options. ST30 has 2D to 3D conversion, better USB playback support, better handling of 50Hz content, slightly better panel quality (G14 with faster decay phosphors, resulting in cleaner looking motion, but may increase flicker in some areas).

Nobody can write it this concise.. ;)
Added to this, the 24Hz playback of ST30 is poor. There is no real 96Hz mode. There is 48Hz mode and it is flacky..

Nobody can write it this concise.. ;)
Added to this, the 24Hz playback of ST30 is poor. There is no real 96Hz mode. There is 48Hz mode and it is flacky..

Thanks buddy. Hopefully, I am finally meeting the Croma Store Manager tomorrow. Will update ASAP tomorrow on the latest pricing.

I also found a source for good quality 1.5meter nylon clad HDMI cable with ferrite cores on both ends for Rs.100 only! People from Bangalore could PM me if they need it. Its the same cable I bought for Rs.150 few days back and am completely satisfied with it.

Today checked with Croma Hyderabad. They got no stock of VT20 anymore. They can bring Pieces from Bangalore but should be ready to pay the the Taxes if any and Price is fixed for 799990/- without freebies.

Today checked with Croma Hyderabad. They got no stock of VT20 anymore. They can bring Pieces from Bangalore but should be ready to pay the the Taxes if any and Price is fixed for 799990/- without freebies.
Wow that's a HUGE cost for the TV! :eek:hyeah:

I went through the first round of F2F talks with the right contact. Good news:

1. As I had been suspecting and anticipating, they are STILL sitting on top of about 8 or 9 pieces stock, however unfortunately most of them have become display pieces at various Croma outlet across Bangalore. 1 or 2 are still sealed boxes.

2. Doing my best to get price reduced, may have to bill it externally for a B2B deal. However, worst case, they are willing to give 1 additional glass for 2k only. So the TV should cost a max of 72.5k with 2x glasses. Also, we might be able to club several of them with the purchase! So 3x glasses (one with TV) should cost 74.5k and so on! so for 78.5k we might be able to get 5x glasses :yahoo:

Blasto - I hope you could believe in my approach now ;)

Humble request to all - lets not discuss these prices out of this forum till we finalize the deal as these folks are most concerned about price wars and questions asked!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back