Group Buy - Panasonic 50VT20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's a HUGE cost for the TV! :eek:hyeah:

I went through the first round of F2F talks with the right contact. Good news:

1. As I had been suspecting and anticipating, they are STILL sitting on top of about 8 or 9 pieces stock, however unfortunately most of them have become display pieces at various Croma outlet across Bangalore. 1 or 2 are still sealed boxes.

2. Doing my best to get price reduced, may have to bill it externally for a B2B deal. However, worst case, they are willing to give 1 additional glass for 2k only. So the TV should cost a max of 72.5k with 2x glasses. Also, we might be able to club several of them with the purchase! So 3x glasses (one with TV) should cost 74.5k and so on! so for 78.5k we might be able to get 5x glasses :yahoo:

Blasto - I hope you could believe in my approach now ;)

Humble request to all - lets not discuss these prices out of this forum till we finalize the deal as these folks are most concerned about price wars and questions asked!

Prankey, Fantastic!
HYD croma does not have the stock for any of the 50' models! (Sammy D550, LG 50PZ550, Pana 50VT). The extended warranty is one good option at CROMA, which tends us to move to CROMA.

they are STILL sitting on top of about 8 or 9 pieces stock, however unfortunately most of them have become display pieces at various Croma outlet across Bangalore. 1 or 2 are still sealed boxes.

Considering that concept of displaying equipment is only (IMO) to give prospective buyers a real life feel of the equipment and also considering that the Plasma TV(s) in question are on their way out, I find it surprising that they are taken out to put on display in the first place. I find this difficult to comprehend. Or am I missing something?

Prankey, Fantastic!
HYD croma does not have the stock for any of the 50' models! (Sammy D550, LG 50PZ550, Pana 50VT). The extended warranty is one good option at CROMA, which tends us to move to CROMA.

For Panasonic TVs, Panasonic itself is providing extended warranty and not Croma.

Considering that concept of displaying equipment is only (IMO) to give prospective buyers a real life feel of the equipment and also considering that the Plasma TV(s) in question are on their way out, I find it surprising that they are taken out to put on display in the first place. I find this difficult to comprehend. Or am I missing something?
They checked the inventory infront of me. Only thing is that most of the stores have 1x stocks at Bangalore and the Area Manager made the assumption that they are all display units based out of quantity. Picture is still not crystal clear and they are waiting for an update from their Buyer and hopefully we will have a more concrete update by tomorrow.

Earlier they had saved these sealed TVs at one outlet and they might have liquidated them as it was not selling to other stores to hopefully attract someone to buy it for 75k :)

For Panasonic TVs, Panasonic itself is providing extended warranty and not Croma.
They have told me that they are also offering extended warranty of 2 additional years which would start from 4th year onward for Rs.1800 which is not bad for a TV with 5 years warranty :) Again, only when one of us buys from them, the picture will be more clear.

@ prankey can u get me 3 pairs 3d glasses alone for rs 6000?:licklips:
Its possible with the purchase of the TV. Remember Samsung's 3050 BT 3D glasses are still cheaper and possibly better if bought through ebay.com (directly from Korea)

Prankey, Fantastic!
I believe stocks are more at Mumbai and Delhi, so I will try to route them to Bangalore once Price is properly negotiated.

More update:

The 2 additional units they had are told to me as defective customer returns and they have about 7 Display Units available which they have somehow agreed to give for 68k with 1 glass and hopefully with keyboard. I am still pushing them to give for 65k with 2x glasses.

Highlight of the day - I finally got hold of a Panasonic sales contact who has offered separate glasses for Rs.2.5k. I still need to confirm the model and hopefully there is no catch to it. I will run a group buy for this! ;)

Last edited:
Highlight of the day - I finally got hold of a Panasonic sales contact who has offered separate glasses for Rs.2k without TV purchase if I bill directly through them. I have committed 50 to 100 units (overall) through a regular group buy of 10 to 15 units at a time and they are okay with it. I still need to confirm the model and hopefully there is no catch to it. I will get my friend add VAT and other charges to the bill and run a group buy for Rs.2.5k only! ;)[/b]

prankey sire, for this, am in, am in, am in :D

i live at thane (adjacent to mumbai) :)

prankey sire, for this, am in, am in, am in :D

i live at thane (adjacent to mumbai) :)
Let me know how many are you looking for.

i am in for the glasses:yahoo: 3 pairs
I know you wanted 3 :D will keep in mind. Hopefully we can make it seamless so we don't wait for minimum order to Panasonic. I will also talk with Bluedart and DTDC for courier charges across India (should not be more than Rs.200).

Last edited:
I would like to thank all the forum members for the support and guidance. I have got my VT20 from B'lore - Croma for 72K with 1 X Glass. With no freebies! :sad:

@Prankey - Special Thanks to you!:clapping:

I am also in for additional glasses X 2 Pcs!

If it's possible to get only the glasses then I would like to take 3 pairs.
But Prankey, I guess you should now stuck the deal as soon as possible on the TV's as according to your posts there are only a few are left.

More update:

I am still pushing them to give for 65k with 2x glasses.
[/b]

Also please check whether they ship to HYD. Importantly is it possible to check No.of hrs or any screen burn ins before paying? Of course this option is only if you say there is no way to get a sealed piece.

Thanks for your efforts Prankey. Deal or no Deal really appreciate your commitment on this.

Highlight of the day - I finally got hold of a Panasonic sales contact who has offered separate glasses for Rs.2.5k. I still need to confirm the model and hopefully there is no catch to it. I will run a group buy for this!

Hey Prankey, is this group buy for the glasses only? If yes, I'm in too for two pairs (Assuming we would get two pairs along with the TV)

im still hanging in old memories....of getting VT20 group deal at 65k with 2 glass...anybody else hoping of deal to come :)

im still hanging in old memories....of getting VT20 group deal at 65k with 2 glass...anybody else hoping of deal to come :)

Yup...You can count me on that....before this thread exists I'm very happy with my current set...Now I'm spoiled to a level that I HAVE to get this set even it costs more than that magic figure 65K.:eek::confused::annoyed:

With my mom coming to visit us, the fight for remote has become a real and present danger to my peace (of listening to my stereo setup) Till the time this issue gets resolved, may be I should buy a 32" LCD to tide over the crisis.:eek:hyeah:

Captain - have faith. I will try to close this by tomorrow. Atleast for southern cities, VRL is a good option for shipping the TV. I will try checking usage hours on these TVs before arranging to ship. Burn-ins might be difficult to check on a lit showroom as I obviously dont see on any of these TVs. But I will try to do it for all our of Bangalore shipments as otherwise should not be a problem replacing/taking refund if the TV is found defective.

And yes, I will soon start a group buy for glasses only and will keep the list as we have started here and will soon get them ordered and dispatched accordingly.

Captain - have faith. I will try to close this by tomorrow. Atleast for southern cities, VRL is a good option for shipping the TV. I will try checking usage hours on these TVs before arranging to ship. Burn-ins might be difficult to check on a lit showroom as I obviously dont see on any of these TVs. But I will try to do it for all our of Bangalore shipments as otherwise should not be a problem replacing/taking refund if the TV is found defective.

Hi Prankey, I sure have faith and am waiting, fingers crossed. My cousin who lives in Singapore came visiting me a couple of days back; Having heard of my usage which is from morning to evening with little breaks on working days and none on Holidays, he said that Plasma is not suited for running for long hours on daily basis and that he heard of Plasma TV panels bursting under certain adverse climatic conditions. I was thinking of buying a LCD to save the Plasma from suffering the same fate.

Hi Prankey, I sure have faith and am waiting, fingers crossed. My cousin who lives in Singapore came visiting me a couple of days back; Having heard of my usage which is from morning to evening with little breaks on working days and none on Holidays, he said that Plasma is not suited for running for long hours on daily basis and that he heard of Plasma TV panels bursting under certain adverse climatic conditions. I was thinking of buying a LCD to save the Plasma from suffering the same fate.
Have you been to Big Bazaar and several other super markets lately? Most of them use Plasmas for displaying their video loops filled with static images, ads and text! Even my previous organization and current one use Plasmas for displaying stats etc 24x7!

Infact I know atleast one big bazaar outlet at Jayanagar Bangalore who actually dont run their ACs most of the time and I end up suffocating and sweating profusely and giving the supervisors run for their money by doing such cheap tactics of saving power!

Have you been to Big Bazaar and several other super markets lately? Most of them use Plasmas for displaying their video loops filled with static images, ads and text! Even my previous organization and current one use Plasmas for displaying stats etc 24x7!

Infact I know atleast one big bazaar outlet at Jayanagar Bangalore who actually dont run their ACs most of the time and I end up suffocating and sweating profusely and giving the supervisors run for their money by doing such cheap tactics of saving power!

OIC. Very interesting piece of information!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back