Group Buy - Panasonic 50VT20

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankey

As per the suggestion by some forum members, I am starting this thread for wider reach.

Lets build a list for this group buy. I am trying my best to get a price of around 65k with 2x 3D glasses and 3 years warranty on the TV and ship across India from Bangalore.

As per the suggestion by some forum members, I am starting this thread for wider reach.

Lets build a list for this group buy. I am trying my best to get a price of around 65k with 2x 3D glasses and 3 years warranty on the TV and ship across India from Bangalore.

I am in for this group buy.

Count me in too, if it can be delivered to Cochin.

Is there any time line for the deal to finalize.
Also Is there any chance of getting tatasky HD set top box and the Logitech keyboard with this deal.

Once again thank you for your commitment.
Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Is there any time line for the deal to finalize.
Also Is there any chance of getting tatasky HD set top box and the Logitech keyboard with this deal.

Once again thank you for your commitment.
Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
Very thin as I have checked at multiple places in Bangalore and none are offering TS+HD as part of the deal including Panasonic Brand outlets. Only one outlet was giving TS HD vouchers as they were getting paid from TS for the vouchers during activation as Customer has to pay for the activation and few months of subscription during activation.

Logitech keyboard should come and Dish HD coupon might also be included (need to confirm both).

Current target date to close the group buy is 7 to 10 days from now.

great effort there. Would be including any larger size in the group buy?
Currently only 50VT20 is available for such discounted prices. If you are interested in 65VT30, can check on the lowest pricing for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: anm
Currently only 50VT20 is available for such discounted prices. If you are interested in 65VT30, can check on the lowest pricing for you.

65VT has been priced very surreally. If the prices are good, can be considered a projector alternative.

I am also intersted.one question prankey, is it better to go for 50st30 or 50vt20?please explore the st30 also.I am desperately looking for an plasma.:)

Im also in , on the condition that the deal has some transit insurance for shipping to new delhi.

@Prankey - If it really can be bargained to 65K, please consider me in. I'm from Hyderabad by the way.

65VT has been priced very surreally. If the prices are good, can be considered a projector alternative.
I know, so not even checking on the price of that one for now. Its hopelessly priced considering Samsung's comparable model is almost half the cost.

I am also intersted.one question prankey, is it better to go for 50st30 or 50vt20?please explore the st30 also.I am desperately looking for an plasma.:)
Below is the summary of comparison:
1. VT20 has THX mode in 2D operation
2. VT20 has advanced calibration options when ST30 has none
3. Both use same panel, however ST30 can handle 50Hz motion better, but has higher black level (hence, less contrast)
4. ST30 has better USB playback support and 2D to 3D conversion
5. ST30 is more expensive, currently the best price is around 90k

Im also in , on the condition that the deal has some transit insurance for shipping to new delhi.
Yes, will ensure transit insurance is provided or the TV gets shipped directly from the Vendor.

Update: Got the price down to around 70k now. Discussing with Area Manager to bring it further down.

1. VT20 has THX mode in 2D operation
2. VT20 has advanced calibration options when ST30 has none
3. Both use same panel, however ST30 can handle 50Hz motion better, but has higher black level (hence, less contrast)
4. ST30 has better USB playback support and 2D to 3D conversion
5. ST30 is more expensive, currently the best price is around 90k

Is it fair to say overall but vt20 would be better as it is v top series compared to st30 s series?

Which all sources does this 50 hz issue become a problem in? only tata sky or sd dvd also ?

Is it fair to say overall but vt20 would be better as it is v top series compared to st30 s series?

Which all sources does this 50 hz issue become a problem in? only tata sky or sd dvd also ?

Checkout my comparison thread. In short, The TVs are more identical than different except what follows.
VT20 has more colour accuracy (mostly due to extra caliberation controls), excellent bluray 24Hz Playback (unusable in the ST30), very slightly better blacks, better details (which is also revealing in not so good SD/HD material)
ST30 has better 50Hz motion (a bit too smooth according to reviews), Has 2D->3D conversion, Comes with only 1 glass even at 90k (so the price is ~1L)

Other non-PQ differences include 'thinner' bezel in the ST30 which IMO is irrelevent after some amount of thickness but is a good to have.

ST30 literally has nothing worth 25k over the VT. You can get a good 32" LCD for the price difference and use it in your bedroom.

These two TVs have the below compared to samsung Plasmas.
1. Less richer and more true to content colours (I prefer samsung)
2. Completely different league in blacks
3. Worse motion
4. Not so accurate skin colours
5. Much better background seperation (depth), accurate scene highlights (spot lights, street lights, glittering objects, candles, shadow details, dark scenes with blue face highlights) [Both these are related so putting it as same point]
6. Very much controlled reflections comparable to LEDs.
7. Less sharp and more natural flowing pictures
8. Less retention
9. Poorer upscaling/SD overall
10. Much more cleaner picture with less noise

This is after to and fro viewing from the TVs at my living room (VT20) and bedroom (Samsung B450).

What to select between D550 and VT20 is a wrong question to ask since they did not compete with each other all through their lifetime. You might think that the VT20 will triumph D550 in all departments since it was in a different price level but it is not.

What to select between the D550 and ST30 is a correct question and the answer is D550 since they are sold for the same price internationally. At the same price though ST30 has an edge. In india, It is D550 until you want to spend on the characteristics in which ST30 is strong.

Also, certain improvements done by samsung to make their LCD acceptable are incorporated in the plasmas and they look multiple times better in the plasmas. Panasonic however has been concentrating in improving the panel all this time mainly the blacks and produces non-alterated, non-motion compensated, true to signal pictures. It is not always better than altered picture of the samsung as you can see in the above listing.

Hope you have all the details required to make the decision.

Last edited:

I'm in if it can be got to around 65k. I'm in Hyderabad.

yes, I am also thinking of a larger TV as a projector alternative, coz setting up projector is a pain in neck. More so because I need to get my ceiling broken open for the wiring. Pls find out about 65" but I think I am not yet ready to buy one if the prices are that high.

yes, I am also thinking of a larger TV as a projector alternative, coz setting up projector is a pain in neck. More so because I need to get my ceiling broken open for the wiring. Pls find out about 65" but I think I am not yet ready to buy one if the prices are that high.

Simply get a Samsung 60D8000 instead of the 65VT30.

According to cnet vt30 review the d8000 is far better at reducing crosstalk in 3d even more than the vt30 !!! Also the 60d8000 has about 6 times more brightness than vt30 ( 65vt30 has approx 60 cd/m2 while d8000 has approx 360 ).

If you are ready to pay such high prices then go for 60d8000 or even 55d8000 is a very good choice at half the price of 65vt30.

Reactions: anm
ST30 literally has nothing worth 25k over the VT. You can get a good 32" LCD for the price difference and use it in your bedroom.

These two TVs have the below compared to samsung Plasmas.
1. Less richer and more true to content colours (I prefer samsung)
2. Completely different league in blacks
3. Worse motion
4. Not so accurate skin colours
5. Much better background seperation (depth), accurate scene highlights (spot lights, street lights, glittering objects, candles, shadow details, dark scenes with blue face highlights) [Both these are related so putting it as same point]
6. Very much controlled reflections comparable to LEDs.
7. Less sharp and more natural flowing pictures
8. Less retention
9. Poorer upscaling/SD overall
10. Much more cleaner picture with less noise

This is after to and fro viewing from the TVs at my living room (VT20) and bedroom (Samsung B450).
It is not clear which TV's characteristics are being described here:confused:

Is it the Panny or the Sammy?

Edit: I get it, Pannys are being described here I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back