Guidance with protecting my gears

I don't know on what basis manufacturers ship the single wire or the dipole antena. My sansui and all PC computer cards with tv tuner have come with the dipole antena. My Yamaha avr, Sony 2-in-1 came with AM loop antena and single wire FM antenna. Another Sony boom box that went kaput again came with the AM loop antenna and single wire FM antenna. The dipole antena works the best in my house.
Not sure if I remember what I read from ARRL Handbook when I was trying to catch those elusive FM signals in the high rise city dwellings I lived / live all these years. Someone more knowledgeable may correct me if wrong.

The single wire connects to the "hot" terminal and uses the earth as "reference". It works but I vaguely remember the gain is higher with a proper half wave dipole.

Also @mbhangui you inspired me to look for my homemade antenna, stick it up and click a photo and @headcase that photo below. Hope it helps.

IMG_20220525_212145_hdr.jpgNote the handle on the window. It swings open at the top to open about 20cm. It is a 2m or so tall window though.

Not sure if I remember what I read from ARRL Handbook when I was trying to catch those elusive FM signals in the high rise city dwellings I lived / live all these years. Someone more knowledgeable may correct me if wrong.

The single wire connects to the "hot" terminal and uses the earth as "reference". It works but I vaguely remember the gain is higher with a proper half wave dipole.

Also @mbhangui you inspired me to look for my homemade antenna, stick it up and click a photo and @headcase that photo below. Hope it helps.

View attachment 69481Note the handle on the window. It swings open at the top to open about 20cm. It is a 2m or so tall window though.
and you inspired me to connect an antenna to my avr for the first time in its history since 2010. Playing AIR on Medium Wave 792 kHz. This was using the AM loop antenna

View attachment 69481Note the handle on the window. It swings open at the top to open about 20cm. It is a 2m or so tall window though.
Thanks i got an idea 💡 now. Will try out.

and you inspired me to connect an antenna to my avr for the first time in its history since 2010. Playing AIR on Medium Wave 792 kHz. This was using the AM loop antenna

That is very, very clear. I would only hear some Arabic or Iranian stations here 😥 if I connected my SONY ICF to the amp . Adjust the loop to be perpendicular to the direction of the station.

That Tivoli has a clever internal loop for AM.

Hi All I also had the same question three months back..after my search i found the right device to safeguard our Receiver, speakers , and subwoofers from voltage fluctuations...Its static voltage stabilizer..i got it from NKB technocrats pvt ltd Jaipur..
It's a better and secure option for me than the UPS, relay stabilizers, and servo stabilizers..Since it's based on Igbt technology the response time is very less comprising to servo..
So there is no chance to carry forward the excess or low voltage to the gadgets..And it has no moving parts to make any distortion to our music..and a beautiful display with voltage in, voltage out, and power consumption etc....

Servo stabilizer or isolation transformer well why confuse wen u can have both. Returned my isolation transformer and asked vertex to customise both on a single cabinet with a surge protector.

Attachments

• F7FBA8D1-3112-4C56-9F24-CE2C9CC337B6.jpeg
    F7FBA8D1-3112-4C56-9F24-CE2C9CC337B6.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 88
  • EDD6909F-204E-4C47-BA0F-A27E7626D686.jpeg
    EDD6909F-204E-4C47-BA0F-A27E7626D686.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 89
  • 1262AC1F-84B9-4509-BEFD-01BFB45763BD.jpeg
    1262AC1F-84B9-4509-BEFD-01BFB45763BD.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 91
  • F9BB79DB-6EAB-484B-9DD4-33CDD744355C.jpeg
    F9BB79DB-6EAB-484B-9DD4-33CDD744355C.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 261B4D9E-7AA4-43FE-9F37-C7EFFC38A1D0.jpeg
    261B4D9E-7AA4-43FE-9F37-C7EFFC38A1D0.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 88
I feel it is worth it. The wiring is so neat and the transformers look solid.
Yes built like a tank and for sure well effective then a lot of snake oil’s out there. If any gears fails for sure it’s going to be the gears fault,Unless a catastrophic strike hits my place

Last edited:
Yes indeed. But there are lot of glorified emi/rfi filter boxes which shouldn’t be sold for more the 3-4k but are sold for 15-30k as audiophile products and are not going to be effective. This will definitely be effective with both protection and power conditioning.
Not to mention the after sales support you will get - even after 10 years of purchase, long after those so -called audiophile boxes are dead and gone to raddiwala or garbage dump. (I had my vertex servo stabs serviced at home by Vertex after more than a decade of original purchase date).
Cheers,
Sid

Not to mention the after sales support you will get - even after 10 years of purchase, long after those so -called audiophile boxes are dead and gone to raddiwala or garbage dump. (I had my vertex servo stabs serviced at home by Vertex after more than a decade of original purchase date).
Cheers,
Sid
Yes vertex work and the after sales service Is extremely good. They are on the expensive side but they live up to the heavy price tag.

Got meself a SINE SAT-3KV (V2) Isolation Transformer and I must admit, I am a believer now. Clearly something is so different in me system now. Everything seems so controlled and clear.

Got meself a SINE SAT-3KV (V2) Isolation Transformer and I must admit, I am a believer now. Clearly something is so different in me system now. Everything seems so controlled and clear.
Yes isolation transformer is the best interms of protection and power conditioning. Only draw back is no voltage stabilisation and surge protection. I had vertex build a servo stab and SPD along with an isolation transformer.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back