Guidance with protecting my gears

I have been using Sine conditioners for the past 4-5 years. Excellent components at a relatively reasonable price, and yes using them, regardless of what one's upstream power situation - is definitely audible and adds to the quality of sound. Both my conditioners have built in surge protection as well.
Cheers,
Sid

I have been using Sine conditioners for the past 4-5 years. Excellent components at a relatively reasonable price, and yes using them, regardless of what one's upstream power situation - is definitely audible and adds to the quality of sound. Both my conditioners have built in surge protection as well.
Cheers,
Sid
Thanks for sharing that 😊. By any chance do these sine conditioners create any audible hum or buzz, ruling out their placement in the listening room.

I stay in Hyderabad, please suggest the stabilizer specs required for my yet to come 85" X95L and Q990C soundbar. I don't want to take chances with vguard. I need a silent one as it will be placed in my living room. And where can I order this vertex stabilizer? Thanks.

I stay in Hyderabad/Vijayawada, please suggest the stabilizer specs required for my yet to come 85" X95L and Q990C soundbar. I don't want to take chances with vguard. I need a silent one as it will be placed in my living room. And where can I order this vertex stabilizer? Thanks.

I stay in Hyderabad/Vijayawada, please suggest the stabilizer specs required for my yet to come 85" X95L and Q990C soundbar. I don't want to take chances with vguard. I need a silent one as it will be placed in my living room. And where can I order this vertex stabilizer? Thanks.
Skip the stabilizer and go Rontek or something similar.

MaSh

Hi volksjger

My contact in Vortex was Mr.Isaac - 94929 72375. But this was sometime back, so not sure If he's still available on this number.

That said, maybe better to check for passive ones @sidvee is using. As my combination of a 5 KVA CVT + Isolation transformer had a audible low hum. And really not ideal to place in the same room. But then i do have very poor power which could be leading to the hum, and others might not have the same.

Hi volksjger

My contact in Vortex was Mr.Isaac - 94929 72375. But this was sometime back, so not sure If he's still available on this number.

That said, maybe better to check for passive ones @sidvee is using. As my combination of a 5 KVA CVT + Isolation transformer had a audible low hum. And really not ideal to place in the same room. But then i do have very poor power which could be leading to the hum, and others might not have the same.
Yes that is the same info. I have for Vertex. As far as passive devices, I don't think they can offer the same degree of protection from outages as a stabilizer either servo or static. They will help is noise reduction and such type of issues, but for pure voltage stability I would strongly recommend a stabilizer. There are also whole house devices available for reasonable prices.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes that is the same info. I have for Vertex. As far as passive devices, I don't think they can offer the same degree of protection from outages as a stabilizer either servo or static. They will help is noise reduction and such type of issues, but for pure voltage stability I would strongly recommend a stabilizer. There are also whole house devices available for reasonable prices.
Cheers,
Sid
Thanks Yelamanchili Manohar and Sidvee. Thanks for the value information. Will take it up from here.

I think voltage surge is the main culprit in damaging our expensive HiFi equipement. I have lost many an amplifier, AV receivers, TVs and what not.
So I am thinking of installing a SPD (Surge Protection Device) in the main line. This device basically discharges all the surge current into earth.
I am already using Belkin surge protection strip but am not confident enough on its real capabilites in blocking voltage surges.

What say guys? Inputs from any electrical engineer here?

I think voltage surge is the main culprit in damaging our expensive HiFi equipement. I have lost many an amplifier, AV receivers, TVs and what not.
So I am thinking of installing a SPD (Surge Protection Device) in the main line. This device basically discharges all the surge current into earth.
I am already using Belkin surge protection strip but am not confident enough on its real capabilites in blocking voltage surges.

What say guys? Inputs from any electrical engineer here?
I think you should get your house internal wiring checked asap. As there could be an issue there, never heard of Navi Mumbai having such voltage issues..

I think you should get your house internal wiring checked asap. As there could be an issue there, never heard of Navi Mumbai having such voltage issues..
The surges happen when the power resumes after an outage. And I've been told that that is the most dangerous moment for electronic appliances.
Anyway, coming back to the subject, my question, to elaborate further, was that shouldn't a SPD be a better option than installing expensive servo stabilizers or power conditioners?

Last edited:
Currently I have 1.5 kva UPS that powers only lights and fans in our house and a 55" tv, since I've added the QA 3030i LR, 3090ci and the QB12 recently. I'm thinking if a vertex 3 kva or 5 kva stab is critical as There's quit a lot of fluctuations in my area so I am quite worried. Pls advise.
Mains > Digi200> surger protector this is how the connections are as it stands.

A cheap speaker wire should do. Take a length to reach the window plus 75cm. Split the end for the last 75 cm. Stretch the two wires (that are split) on the window that becomes the dipole. Plug in the other end to your receiver. choose proper plug / connector. F- connector or coax plug as required at the receiver end.

If you can do a bit more work, make an antenna with the wire 75cm plus a bit more for connecting a 75 Ohm coax (used for TV / Sat TV) for the wiring up to the receiver.

Another is with the good old ribbon cable for TV (300 Ohm cable). Same method but 150 cm long, join the two wires at both the ends and cut one wire at the center. These ends are to the receiver through a 300 > 75 Ohm balun and coax cable.
Could that become a potential lightning attractor?

Currently I have 1.5 kva UPS that powers only lights and fans in our house and a 55" tv, since I've added the QA 3030i LR, 3090ci and the QB12 recently. I'm thinking if a vertex 3 kva or 5 kva stab is critical as There's quit a lot of fluctuations in my area so I am quite worried. Pls advise.
Mains > Digi200> surger protector this is how the connections are as it stands.
Do you bought servo or surge protector as iam in same situation but fluctuations are low at my place

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back