help: Kenwood krf x9090d avr goes into protection mode.

manofernando

hello,
my receiver kenwood krf x9090d connected to jamo s408 fronts and kenwood sats. For couple of week the unit goes into protection mode which watching movies (especially with there is sudden rise of volume ). I never had any problem for past 4 years with the unit. I tried with new stablizer but in vain. Unit is performing well with low volume(-25dbs and below ) but goes to protection mode with in a minute when i increase vol to -20db or above that.and i have checked voltage in power socket it reads around 240v.

please guide me to rectify the problem.

mano fernando

only problem will be the voltage,try to connect it with the main electricity board by bypassing stabilizer ,it may be the culprit...........
check wires ..........

but there is no voltage problem at my place. even checked with multi meter, the reading is around 235v which is good.

There could be a possibility of shorting somewhere. Is there a pair of speaker cables you have connected to the AVR, but left unconnected at the speaker end? Do you have any RCA or some such cable that is connected into the AVR but is lying loose at the other end? All these could create trouble.

Ensure all your connections into the AVR are all tight. Especially the speaker wire connections. If you are using banana plugs remove them and try bare wire connections.

Cheers

no all interconnects are tight, i have removed everything and re connected still there is problem but still it goes in to protection mode only to sudden raise of volume in -20 db mark. I have misplaced the manual somewhere, so im searching net for micro processor resetting.

maybe the amp. could be overheating, try to ensure good ventilation around. Also there could be dust settled inside, try and blow it using a vacuum cleaner.

If all the above suggestions have been checked and still you have the problem ,then possibly you are driving the AVR beyond its capabilities ,this could be due to weak capacitors in the AVR

Have you changed your source (player) ? DVD to BDP? this is another reason for kicking in the protection mode in older AVR's as these are not designed to handle HD audio @ higher listening levels

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back