Help!!! New Apple Macbook without user replaceable batttery?

mbhangui

Yesterday I went to buy a macbook at Croma. To my shock, none of the new models come with a user replaceable battery. Apparently you will have to send the macbook to apple to get it replaced once battery life gets over.

I have postponed by decision for some time till I get to hear from Forum Members on this. Do any forum member faced problem with other model like Macbook air where the battery life has run out and now finding it difficult to get the battery replaced?

Do u mean the new retina MacBook then yes it's very hard to upgrade or replace parts on ur own... They had u make a lot of changes & use propriety stuff to make it so thin & light... But the thing is if u have the money u buy a 1.5 lac MacBook then I don't know y u are scared of not being able to replace the battery aftermarket... I got my MacBook's battery replaced a few months back via apple & it wasn't much costlier than the decent quality aftermarket ones... Btw It might just be better for u to buy a PC :D ...

i have been using macbook pro 13.3" since last 2 yrs, but never knew that the battery was user replaceable.! i dont see any pull-out battery at the bottom like other lappys.! what makes you think the new macs dont have a user replaceable battery OR that older ones were?

In Mac pro(if it is 2 years back) you will small rectangle shape cut at back which is to replace battery! In Mac ->system preferences you can see how many cycles of charge/discharge is over! Manual changing is quite easy! If they have removed in new models, then that's really bad!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

i have been using macbook pro 13.3" since last 2 yrs, but never knew that the battery was user replaceable.! i dont see any pull-out battery at the bottom like other lappys.! what makes you think the new macs dont have a user replaceable battery OR that older ones were?

I have this macbook (intel white). The battery can be easily removed by a lock.

macbook1.jpg

I am very happy with this model. Instant start and not like my stupid HP ProBook running Windows 7 which takes > 4 minutes to boot and roughly the same time to shutdown. Unfortunately This model is no longer available

My Mac doesnt have a separate battery cover, looks like its among the newer models.
one thing is true...its completely problem free, never hung till now, i never have to shut it down, no viruses. Plus I am also running windows 7 (need it for certain banking apps that run only on windows) on it using parallels desktop and even then it runs pretty fast...gem of a machine. though a little expensive compared to the other windows PCs.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back