Help required on modding the walls without overdoing it..

• Thread starter Deleted member 45006
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45006

[IMG2][/IMG2]Given is the pic of my home setup which includes some old yet good sounding equipment .. And there is lot of space to the behind of listening position.. The problem is m having the usual bass boom problem even though I was able to get good bass out of this setup in another room earlier how about adding some canvas pictures on the wall with glassworks stuffed behind..?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65924412@N04/9231306147/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using a subwoofer or just speakers alone? How many speakers up front, 2 or 3?

I have a 12 inch sub , and two stand mounted fronts for the time being..

You can reduce some of the boom by moving your sub to the midpoint of room width, either near the front wall or behind your sofa. It will remove the loud peaks and smoothen out your bass.

Don't forget to recalibrate levels and distance any time you move speakers or subs.

Are those open windows directly to the sides of your speakers?

That's the biggest probs, they remain close all the time, have glasses on them and reflection is bad when volume is turned up , I m thinking of adding glass wool panels behind the curtains so that it won't look odd, or how about having glass wool panels on the glass, still I can open the windows some time,now m keeping those windows open when I watch some movies and my sub is placed infront of the stand in the left corner, for practical reasons I can't add a carpet , now m taking advantage of the couch cushions to reduce some reflections

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back