Hisense TVs India Price and availability - Blocked by Hisense!

The H9G back panel is completely different as I've previously shared. One speck of hope is that the U80 back panel and design look the same as H9G, while different from U8QF. So we are either getting a completely different TV from these two, or the H9G in India.
But in the video above for 65 isnt it look like U80.It also has a soundbar like u80.

But in the video above for 65 isnt it look like U80.It also has a soundbar like u80.
The front design is the same for all 3. Soundbar is not the part of the TV design, but an attached add on by JBL on the U8QF at least. Not sure about U80.

The back and side design looks the exact same on U80 and H9G, different on U8QF.

Doesn't make sense from a manufacturing PoV to make two different panels in one year with the same
Not a point against your statement but I would like to mention it's possible to do so and some manufacturers actually did
Like Philips gx800 series in India we get ips panel in UK and us it's va

Not a point against your statement but I would like to mention it's possible to do so and some manufacturers actually did
Like Philips gx800 series in India we get ips panel in UK and us it's va
Those are not the same spec panels at all. Completely different technologies and hence specs. It's just that the name of the two products are similar. The GX800B and GX800D are completely different products.

What I meant was to produce 2 VA panels which have 180 local dimming zones, 10000:1 contrast ratio, 1400 nits brightness but be different in some other way.

Yeah, it makes little sense to gump the U8QF like that.
One would wonder.
Until you see what happens in india.

What is the need for vidaa OS at all? If anything, they are just advertising the hisense affiliation of Toshiba which is what they want to hide superficially with Toshiba branding/non chinese affiliation etc. The already existing android OS would make more sense and easier reliability, not to mention availability of indian apps to indians.
But hey, they want to gimp it. Where they do come with android, the pq is not competitive (A71 vs U50). Is the android os so costly to implement in their tvs in india? What's the logic here given it's already implemented elsewhere?

Also Philips coming up with SIPHA os, whatever that means.

So, you get android + some generic pq or renowned tv with gimped software in india. Reasons?

Looks like there is a cost involved. Otherwise companies will not go on to change their working models. Only we cant comprehend that.

One would wonder.
Until you see what happens in india.

What is the need for vidaa OS at all? If anything, they are just advertising the hisense affiliation of Toshiba which is what they want to hide superficially with Toshiba branding/non chinese affiliation etc. The already existing android OS would make more sense and easier reliability, not to mention availability of indian apps to indians.
But hey, they want to gimp it. Where they do come with android, the pq is not competitive (A71 vs U50). Is the android os so costly to implement in their tvs in india? What's the logic here given it's already implemented elsewhere?

Also Philips coming up with SIPHA os, whatever that means.

So, you get android + some generic pq or renowned tv with gimped software in india. Reasons?

Looks like there is a cost involved. Otherwise companies will not go on to change their working models. Only we cant comprehend that.
The lack of android TV is justifiable considering the hardware they have. Hisense Android TV is known to lag and freeze a lot. This is how the H8G (the successor of H8F/U79) fares in performance and UI fluidity:

The 1.5 GB RAM and 4GB of internal storage are simply not enough for android. VIDAA is fast, even though it's a shitty OS. The mistake they did was to launch with VIDAA 3 instead of VIDAA 4. VIDAA 4 seems to be a lot better, and we should get it in the coming months as Toshiba promised.

I'm not saying anyone to use VIDAA(I personally won't). However, given the hardware, it was the right choice. The internal OS of the phone shouldn't freeze on you. I'd take VIDAA OS + getting a firestick 4k any day over putting android TV in shitty hardware as the base OS. Even if the U79 had android, you would have to get an external box anyway.

The 1.5 GB RAM and 4GB of internal storage are simply not enough for android. VIDAA is fast, even though it's a shitty OS. The mistake they did was to launch with VIDAA 3 instead of VIDAA 4. VIDAA 4 seems to be a lot better, and we should get it in the coming months as Toshiba promised.

I'm not saying anyone to use VIDAA(I personally won't). However, given the hardware, it was the right choice. The internal OS of the phone shouldn't freeze on you. I'd take VIDAA OS + getting a firestick 4k any day over putting android TV in shitty hardware as the base OS. Even if the U79 had android, you would have to get an external box anyway.

I am totally confused with the economics of chinese companies.
RAM and storage are not very costly. Is it costlier than making engineers write new firmware and retrofit vidaa OS and losing some sale in the process? Makes you wonder what all they skimped on with software adjustments to hide the real problem.

I am totally confused with the economics of chinese companies.
RAM and storage are not very costly. Is it costlier than making engineers write new firmware and retrofit vidaa OS and losing some sale in the process? Makes you wonder what all they skimped on with software adjustments to hide the real problem.
It's just Hisense that does this, not all Chinese OEMs. But they don't retrofit with VIDAA, just put android/Roku on it and ship. It's on users to put either an android box on it or run it as it is with lag. As you see with other Chinese phone makers like Realme, Redmi, OnePlus etc, they actually go pretty hard on specifications and put the fastest possible chipset/RAM/storage combo on their phones.

I believe it's Toshiba who decided to put VIDAA on this at the last minute(maybe the lag was unsatisfactory). That's why we are seeing an outdated version from last year. Hisense doesn't ship a single product with VIDAA 3.0 for example. You can see that the U80 which didn't launch now is going to get shipped with VIDAA 4.0 as mentioned on their site. What it seems to me is that they are still working to get 4.0 working on these models. They've promised 4.0 update in Q1 21. I guess that also means that U80 isn't launching by then?

Anyway, firestick 4k is getting discounted to ₹3599 on Diwali sale, and I'm going to grab that one. Will solve all the nonsense issues.

Hopefully U80 comes before diwali. Thats where bulk of the sale is.
I can perfectly relate to toshiba being in odds with shipping the TV with laggy UI.
I would assume they fixed imperfections in image processing/upscaling too or use entirely different chip for the purpose.
Chinese companies are generally dont think twice to fit a ferrari engine to a toyota or wise versa. Toshiba probably needed a well rounded product, if they have any say. That way I would not be surprised if the U79 is an improved version with better image processing. Already A71 vs U50 is hinting that kind of a change.

Anyway, firestick 4k is getting discounted to ₹3599 on Diwali sale, and I'm going to grab that one. Will solve all the nonsense issues.
True why bother about OS when firestick 4k works perfectly fine.Android lags like hell on budget tvs.I have not used my tv remote and android UI from last 1.5 years.Not bothered about updates n all.tv works fine why to mess with it.

Get fire stick. highly recommended

I see that 65U7QF now available on amazon for delivery (had been out of stock since launch or since I started following). Any suggestions if I should pick one up or wait for U80 to become available.

I see that 65U7QF now available on amazon for delivery (had been out of stock since launch or since I started following). Any suggestions if I should pick one up or wait for U80 to become available.
Wait for U80. U79 is getting good reviews so it’s better to wait for U80 become available.

Yes available for North india also hopefully toshiba U8080 would be also available soon has it been listed on amazon on flipkart it is

any idea on how should I go about getting the u7qf panel calibrated.
If you have a colourimeter or access to it, you can use auto-calibration from software like calman to get it done. That's the most reliable way to get the image calibration right, apart from a professional of course.

Otherwise, I posted recommended settings for U7980 on the other thread here. The setting which differs the most among users and panel is the white point, so make sure to get that right. Let me know how these work out for you.

If you have a colourimeter or access to it, you can use auto-calibration from software like calman to get it done. That's the most reliable way to get the image calibration right, apart from a professional of course.

Otherwise, I posted recommended settings for U7980 on the other thread here. The setting which differs the most among users and panel is the white point, so make sure to get that right. Let me know how these work out for you.

Thanks for the suggestions, i dont have access to colourimeter, will try to copy some settings off the forums and see. Can these settings reverted in case something gets messed up, eg by factory reset or something?

Thanks for the suggestions, i dont have access to colourimeter, will try to copy some settings off the forums and see. Can these settings reverted in case something gets messed up, eg by factory reset or something?
There are 5 modes in the TV. I generally recommend making changes to the setting you're least likely to use, so you can still shift to the other modes without losing your changes. But even then you can reset that mode itself. A factory reset will also do that, but that's not at all recommended because it will reset other stuff too.

Back