Hisense TVs India Price and availability - Blocked by Hisense!

Hi All,

Need help choosing between Hisense 50A71F and the 50U5050. Primary use would be gaming and Firestick.

Also is the 55U7980 worth the 14k extra.

Hi All,

Need help choosing between Hisense 50A71F and the 50U5050. Primary use would be gaming and Firestick.

Also is the 55U7980 worth the 14k extra.

I don't think any of these TVs are good for gaming (esp if you're looking the new consoles).

What type of games do you play? Is it the next gen consoles or older generation?

And yes the U7980 is definitely worth 14k more (larger panel, FALD, brighter), but it's not recommended for gaming by the owners. It's good for HDR content on OTT platforms.

I don't think any of these TVs are good for gaming (esp if you're looking the new consoles).

What type of games do you play? Is it the next gen consoles or older generation?

And yes the U7980 is definitely worth 14k more (larger panel, FALD, brighter), but it's not recommended for gaming by the owners. It's good for HDR content on OTT platforms.
I have pre-ordered the Xbox Series X and game for around 15 hours a week. My budget is 50k Max (lower the better).

I understand they might not be the optimal for gaming but I am currently using a Xbox one S with a 1080p Iffalcon 40in. Before which was Xbox 360 on a 22in monitor

I have pre-ordered the Xbox Series X and game for around 15 hours a week. My budget is 50k Max (lower the better).

I understand they might not be the optimal for gaming but I am currently using a Xbox one S with a 1080p Iffalcon 40in. Before which was Xbox 360 on a 22in monitor
Toshiba u7980 is the best a man can get in that range. Next best option is frame 2020 55 inch at around 75k.

If the only thing you're doing is gaming on that screen, why not a gaming monitor? A 27" 1440p 144/165 Hz monitor can be had for 25-27k. And LG should be coming with the 27GN950 (4k, 144Hz, 1ms) for around 50-60k as well.

If you're also going to use it for watching movies/content though, you can go for U7980. It's going to be good enough for casual gaming and great for content watching but it doesn't support 120Hz.

Like others have suggested you should get at least 120hz panel with VRR and low input lag. I'd suggest you buy the 55inch Samsung Frame 2020 as that's the cheapest TV with 120hz panel, VRR and HDMI 2.1.

Or get a gaming monitor as @lightgamer suggested if you have low budget.

Anything else is suboptimal for Xbox Series X. Infact I'd go as far to suggest you buy an Xbox series S instead and save 20k. Put that 20k in the TV budget and get the Frame (yes the math is not exact but you get the gist). The gaming experience though at lower resolution will be much more immersive and enjoyable.

Thanks for the advise guys. Will go for the 55U7980. Seems to be the best balance overall between size, cost, performance etc

Can not go back to a monitor now. If feel size is a bigger factor personally over 120hz especially since most games will be capped at 60fps and the odd one at 120fps.

So its U800QF for Malaysia and U8080 for India, probably some version of U8QF that is in the UK as they all cost almost the same.
U800QF looks exactly like U8080 and its got 180 dimming zones just like U8QF.

Anyone called up toshiba again on availability of U8080 i thought will grab it during flipkart sale, hisense u7QF is now available on amazon is it better tv than toshiba U7980

Last edited:
So its U800QF for Malaysia and U8080 for India, probably some version of U8QF that is in the UK as they all cost almost the same.
U800QF looks exactly like U8080 and its got 180 dimming zones just like U8QF.
What would be the equivalent hisense tv for this?

What would be the equivalent hisense tv for this?
My guess would be the U8QF. Checkout U800QF recently launched in Malaysia, someone shared a video link here and it looks exactly like the U8080 and is priced close to Indian pricing. I guess we'll just have to wait till it's launched to get a better idea but from what I've read U800QF/U8080 seems like the Asian version of U8QF and in India it's launched by Toshiba without the JBL speakers though speakers design looks the same.

Anyone called up toshiba again on availability of U8080 i thought will grab it during flipkart sale, hisense u7QF is now available on amazon is it better tv than toshiba U7980
yes its better than u7980.but if you have budget of 90K then go for U8080 if and when it launches.as that is significantly better than u7qf for just 5k more

Thanks for the advise guys. Will go for the 55U7980. Seems to be the best balance overall between size, cost, performance etc

Can not go back to a monitor now. If feel size is a bigger factor personally over 120hz especially since most games will be capped at 60fps and the odd one at 120fps.
Ordered myself a 55U7980 in the Flipkart sale. 45k including 3 years extended warranty after using sbi credit card and 500 Flipkart coins. Now the wait for the delivery of the Series X starts

Also guys... Want to pick up a budget 55in for the guest room. Budget 30 to 35k. Suggestions please... Hisense A71F or Toshiba 55u5050 or Thomson Oathpro?

Ordered myself a 55U7980 in the Flipkart sale. 45k including 3 years extended warranty after using sbi credit card and 500 Flipkart coins. Now the wait for the delivery of the Series X starts

Also guys... Want to pick up a budget 55in for the guest room. Budget 30 to 35k. Suggestions please... Hisense A71F or Toshiba 55u5050 or Thomson Oathpro?

i checked out the FK page for the same offer. I see the TV at 45K, 3 year complete TV protection at 3.5K and 1750 SBI card discount.
This comes down to 46750. How did you get it for 45K or am i missing something here?

i checked out the FK page for the same offer. I see the TV at 45K, 3 year complete TV protection at 3.5K and 1750 SBI card discount.
This comes down to 46750. How did you get it for 45K or am i missing something here?
Was lesser during rush hour sale yesterday.

Thomson is the brightest in that range and a 10 bit DLED IPS. Suitable for living room.

Ordered myself a 55U7980 in the Flipkart sale. 45k including 3 years extended warranty after using sbi credit card and 500 Flipkart coins.
I don't see the extended 3 years warranty on the page. Is this from Toshiba? The only online site that I thought offered a 3 years warranty was Reliance Digital. Unfortunately, they don't deliver in my area.

Dont forget to share how the gaming experience of the tv is..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back