Home theater under 1 Lakh

prasad_vvsd

Hi all
I wanted to set up a new home theater setup in my living room size is 10(W)X16(L)X9 (H) in feet. i have budget of 80K to 1 Lakh. Can anyone suggest me the set up components with brands. i am looking for dolby atmos setup.

Thanks in advance for you time.

Prasad

Hi Prasadvvsd, It is best to have auditions and then decide on what is best suitable to you. Good avr are denon, marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer. for speakers you could consider polk, wharfedale, Dali etc. to name a few. you need to stretch your budget a bit to have a good system.

Hi Prasad,

You will need a good AV receiver, speakers, source (BR player/media player/STB etc), a media (TV/Projector etc) and needed cables to complete your HT.

check www.hifimart.com and see component prices and decide. You can build HTs for varied budgets starting from 50 k till a crore and beyond, depending on howmuch you want to spend. Wishes for good HT experience.

There is a recent Sony HT with Atmos set up I remember reading about in May edition of What HiFi. I think it was 1.3L but then if you are keen on Atmos, I believe you will need to up your budget.

Thanks for all your inputs

But i am confused. I am from Hyderabad. In Hyderabad there are only few players who do setup. All they are quoting minimum 4 Lakhs required. I am shocked.

Can anyone please list out the brands with model numbers for my requirement.
I can stretch maximum budget 1.5 L. If required i dont take height speakers now. i will go with AV(Atmos) receiver + 5.1 Speakers.

Can i do the setup on my own / do i need expert for installation.

Please help me

@1.5L budget Various Combinations are Possible

You can consider Polk and Denon Combo if you can stretch upto 1.5L and Movies is your Priority.
Profx Somajiguda
Denon x2300W 55k
Polk RTI a5 Floorstanders (a3 if BS is needed) -50k
Polk PSW125 @ 25k or DSW 550 Sub @ 33k
Polk CSI a6 at 30k Center Speaker
Buy Height and surround speakers Later

Heco Victa 5.1 will be well below 1L @ Vector Systems Jubilee Hills add a Denon or preferably Yamaha 481 Receiver

Denonx2300 or Yamaha 481 at 55k +
1. Boston A26 & 225c from eBay or Hifimart.com and wharfdale surrounds etc...
2. Taga 606Se 5.0 @30k and SVS PB1000 -45k

My Prices are nearly 2 Months old , You can bargain to get the best deals since youre buying 5.1+ AVR

Do you have a TV/projector to start with? If yes, you should be able to achieve an atmos setup in your budget. Here is the way, but please note that you will not get the best of all in this budget

First chose an atmos enabled AV receiver. Popular budget ones are

Pioneer VSX-1131 - 62k (hifimart)
denon x1300w - 50k
Marantz - 1607 - 76k (hifimart)

All of them have very good rating, and will live upto your expectation.

Next is speaker package Here are the budget options

Taga harmony inMOVE 5.1 - 41k
Taga Harmony - TAV-606 SE (With tower) - 31k
Pioneer AJ - 5235XT (top rated) - 41k

inMOVE has good review and do not have towers, if you are against those.

Next is atmos speakers. If you have false ceiling, you can opt for an inceiling speaker. Below looks decent from hifimart listing

Warfedale Pacific C170 (pair) - 16k

If do not have false ceiling, you will have to opt for upward firing atmos speakers which is in the range of 25k+.

Pioneer SP-T22A-LR - 25k is an option.

And finally, reserve minimum 5k for good quality cables , and another 15k for a blueray player if you do not have one.

Altogether a decent package will be

denon x1300w + Taga harmony inMOVE 5.1 + Warfedale Pacific C170 (pair) + cables, which will cost you around 1.2L. If you are ready to stretch bit, you can easily setup the home theater as well on your own.

I have suggested this from my experience, but what sounds good for my ears may not be good for yours. So please please please go and audition these before you take a call. You may also get better deals from brick and mortar stores, if you take it all as a package after auditioning. Give it a try , before you jump in

I have the same requirement. And the following is my choice.

Receiver - Denon AVR X-2300W / Yamaha RX-V581 or V681 / Pioneer VSX-1131

Full Range - TAGA Harmony 606 SE / 616 / AZURE Floor Standing (A bit expensive)

Center - TAGA Harmony 606 SE / Azure C-40 / Polk Audio CSiA4 / Polk TSx150C / Polk TSx250C

Surrounds - TAGA Harmony 606 SE / Azure S-40 / Polk TSx220B / Polk RTiA1

Ceiling Speakers for ATMOS (Optional) TAGA Harmony RB850 or RB650 or RB550 / ELAC IC1005 or IC1010

You can accommodate all the above in 1.25L. At least it would be my choice .

Thanks Drkrack,
I am looking for both and music and movies. I hope your suggestion will be suit. let me do an audition

Problem with Serious Music Listening setup is even with the budget of 2.5L You're neither here, nor there. Better concentrate on predominantly Movie based setup, My suggestions should sound reasonably well for Music as well, I'd consider Yamaha 581/681 AVR or Marantz 1506 (no Atmos/DTSx) or Higher end Denon like X3300 etc
Staged upgrade is much better and the Polk Combo is a good one, You Can Check Dali Zensor 5 and Zensor Vokal center as well,in that price range. Monitor Audio from Audio Video People Jubile Hills will be bit expensive but worth checking as well.

Audition and post your impressions here, it will be easy for others to suggest

Yesterday i did audition.
They are suggesting me denon x1300 and polk full 5.1 channel in budget of 1.2 L

Whats your take guys
What are the components of the Polk 5. 1?
What model Subwoofer and FS etc?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Polk TS 50 Floor standing speakers
Polk T30 Center
PolkT15 Surrounds
Polk PSW 110 Subwoofer
Denon x1300w AVR
Total 1.2 L
Is it good for music and movies. I give equal importance to both. But i feel there is a lack in playing mp3 songs like treble and electrical, rock songs.

How do i mitigate. Can i play only 2.1 using AV receiver. or is there any other way around.

Guys please guide me.

Last edited:
In the 1.5L range, I went for the following few months ago and am quite pleased with it. Both movies and music.

Denon AVR X2300W
Wharfedale Diamond 220 5.1 speaker package.

Planning to add the Wharfedale in-ceiling speakers as i move into the new place in next few months.

Bought the above from Hifimart.

Polk TS 50 Floor standing speakers
Polk T30 Center
PolkT15 Surrounds
Polk PSW 110 Subwoofer
Denon x1300w AVR
Total 1.2 L
Is it good for music and movies. I give equal importance to both. But i feel there is a lack in playing mp3 songs like treble and electrical, rock songs.

How do i mitigate. Can i play only 2.1 using AV receiver. or is there any other way around.

Guys please guide me.

Get at least X2300w or X3300 instead of x1300.

Psw 125 is much better option than Psw 110 or Get DSW 550 subwoofer which is much better.
I have not heard Polk T series can't really comment, RTI series is time tested & better IMHO. Yes, you can run 2.1 from AVR.

Dear FM's
Please advice. I am waiting for more input on my HT Setup. I am not at all finalized the brands. Still i m in dilemma..

Please respond

Thanks in advance

Prasad, your choice is good provided you are happy with the audition, but feels bit pricey to me somehow. If that is the best you can negotiate, go for it. The good thing is that its an atmos enabled receiver and you can add two atmos speakers when you are ready to expand.
Finally enjoy your HT, and understand that its assured you will be craving for more within next couple of months. Enjoy

Don't go for polk T series. In polk, go for RTI or signature. Other options dali, wharfedale, elac, tannoy, etc.

Subwoofer psw 110 seemed worthless to me. Look at dsw 550, sonodyne roarr 1210, taga sw10 or emotiva basx s10.

If your budget is not sufficient, then buy a pair of bookshelves plus subwoofer for now. Add rest later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Setting up a complete Dolby Atmos HT within your budget looks unlikely. You are looking at a minimum 7.1 setup. (R,L,C,SR,SL,2 hi channels). A decent Atmos AVR will put you back by atleast 50-60K. Not much left for the speakers.
You can Invest in the Atmos AVR and set up a good 2.1 system and add to it over a period of time. Some speakers you may consider for the stereo set up:
- Boston Acoustics A 25/ 26
- Wharfedale Diamond 220/ 225 book shelf speakers
I would recommend stretching to include a matching center channel as well because of the fact that finding one at a later stage might become a challenge.
For the subwoofer you can buy Boston Acoustics ASW 250/ Wharfedale D10. You can look for some other options too on Amazon/ hifimart depending on how much bass you want.
This setup would set you back by around 1.2L, but would be a decent starting point.

I am from Hyderabad. In Hyderabad there are only few players who do setup. All they are quoting minimum 4 Lakhs required. I am shocked.

4 Lacs for an Atmos system :eek:hyeah: Was room acoustics part of it?

I can stretch maximum budget 1.5 L. If required i dont take height speakers now. i will go with AV(Atmos) receiver + 5.1 Speakers

You can easily put together a 5.2.2 Atmos system for less than 1.5 Lacs, if you can overlook popular choices..

Look for a brand, that meets your budget..

Consider these..

Denon X1300 - Around 50K with bill & warranty..Negotiate hard, you might save some bucks..

For speakers, first evaluate options for fronts/surrounds if you will be wall mounting them (or) placing them on TV stand (or) shelf and then look at options in your budget..

Can i do the setup on my own
Very much..You need to make time to set it up..

do i need expert for installation. Please help me

Its not a complex installation.. you can very well do it by yourself..FM here can help you with all the reqd inputs..

Hi all
I wanted to set up a new home theater setup in my living room size is 10(W)X16(L)X9 (H) in feet.

I have a 14(W) x 11(D) x 10 (H) feet room and run a 5.2.2 system.. Juz kicking my self, should have got a 5.2.4 capable system :eek:hyeah:

I would suggest a dual subwoofer.. One in the front & one at the back of your living room (only if you can accommodate them)..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back