Home Theater under 45k Help needed.

asain

Hello HIFIans,

I'm looking to buy Home Theater under Rs 45,000.
I dont have a blu-ray player and dont intend to buy it, I will be using it with my PC/Laptop.
I've have attached pics of my living room where i will be keeping my HT.[Sorry for bad quality pics]

HT Usage Music/Movies-60/40 or may be 50-50.
I've Auditioned Onkyo [HT3300,3400] and Yamaha 196 though they produced good mid and high but I think they really lacked in Bass.

Please suggest me a good combo, My budget is is 45k for avr+5.1 excluding installation charges etc.

1. BA xs 5.1 + Pioneer523 - Rs. 44,500 [Hifimart now out of stock]
2. Yamaha YHT 299 - Rs 37,000 [Snapdeal]
3. Harman Kardon TS 5.1 + AVR 70 5.1 - Rs. 44,900 [HTStore]
Need a good system that can produce good surround sound and BASS!

I was also thinking of Sony HT M5 but dropped the idea of it after auditioning them,I liked the bass though [guess i dont want to buy big speakers].

I live in Delhi, where can i demo these combo ? Bass n treble and Lakozy dont have BA, called up Tejinder in Lajpat Rai Mkt, but no luck.

Note: I dont want to buy in bits in pieces because that is the max i would like to spend.
My living room has 3 walls 1 side is open as you guys can see in picture
I have a 40" LED will be mounting on the Black wall.

THANKS in ADVANCE.

Go for Denon x500 with BA xs 5.1 (It has good review by our members )or Yamaha YHT 299 .This model stock availability needs to be checked.(It has good review by our members )

Thanks for replying,

Yamaha YHT 299 is available on snapdeal,
Whats is the approx cost of Denonx500 + BA XS 5.1 ?

Where in delhi can I demo them ?

MZ Audio Distribution
check out with the dealers over there. Also reliance digital has this speakers
they had some offers with it. Last i remember. they offered marantz NR1504 with boston acoustics soundware xs for 50k
Also if ur talking about mumbai.
the price i had recieved for denon x500 is 22k
and boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1 is 21.5k
total comes to 43.5k
its a very good combo and if you can stretch your budget and go in for reliance digital deal it will be very well worth it.
Marantz+BA 1st preference
Denon+BA 2nd preference
BTW
Wishing all readers a very happy diwali!

Hi asain ,As said by Rayonne ..marantz is also good option for ba
Both Denon & Marantz are from the same parent company (D&M holdings)..
Marantz will be more musical..but liitle bit costlier than denon..(i have not auditioned personally)..
Denon will be more movie oriented..

U have to audition it & based on ur hearing prefernce & budget u can decide..

Hello everyone sorry for late reply,

I tried many dealers(in Delhi) but none had BA xs in stock, Bass n treble said Boston didnt do well the last time they had it in stock.

The only place i could find them was at rel. digital shipra mall(Price quoted 29k no combo offer was available), they were not connected to any avr so couldnt audition them.

Enquired at hifimart they told me it will be available by the end of the month,
Htstore said 2nd week of november.

Now even Yamaha YHT 299 is out of stock everywhere :|
I guess i will end up buying something stupid :(

patience pays. I know the excitement of a new home theater. I waited for 2 months before buying my ht setup. I picked up my avr first and after a month or so i got the speakers. I think you should wait for ba xs. it will be worth it. You may feel like moving.on and buying another brand which is readily available. But please have some patience. wait till 2 week of nov. and if not then you can look elsewhere

Last edited:
Hi asain,

I use the BA soundware 5.1 and Marantz NR 1504.....the experience is awesome for music, movies and gaming....you need to ensure that you use proper speaker cables (Oxygen Free Cables) and HDMI cables to get optimal quality and performance.....The output is enough in a space of 200 - 250 sq ft. (You can also refer to Thread on Owners of Marantz).

Patience pays! I did a good amount of research and reading over the internet before venturing into BAs and Marantz last year and don't regret my decision taken....Marantz is expensive than Denon as the components used and design is of higher standards.....

End of the day, it all boils down to what appeals to you in appearance, performance and requirements within your budget...all the best!

AVR options ....checkout Yamaha RX V 377 / 477 seems to be good in performance as per some HFV members experience.

How is Wharfedale Moviestar 65+, they are available on Hifimart for Rs24,000 after 25% discount.

Maple finish looks ugly.

MZ Audio Distribution
check out with the dealers over there. Also reliance digital has this speakers
they had some offers with it. Last i remember. they offered marantz NR1504 with boston acoustics soundware xs for 50k
Also if ur talking about mumbai.
the price i had recieved for denon x500 is 22k
and boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1 is 21.5k
total comes to 43.5k
its a very good combo and if you can stretch your budget and go in for reliance digital deal it will be very well worth it.
Marantz+BA 1st preference
Denon+BA 2nd preference
BTW
Wishing all readers a very happy diwali!

How about harman kardon avr 70 with BA XS5.1? This also coming to almost same price ..

I stay in delhi and the price i got for BA xs 5.1 + Denon avr combo is 55k from a dealer and 29k for BA xs only at Reliance digital.

Unable to get the Combo for 45k.

Still waiting for hifimart to update there stock.

He is selling as its his brother's, who has moved to netherlands. AVR was sold earlier. BA XS2.1 was brought from Hifimart about two months ago, and had bill and warranty, and the three additional speakers were imported from U.S. and not even installed. Price is 20000

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back