Home theatre setup 5.1.2

Timbak2

Hello All
I am new to this forum .. planning to install the following combinations.. need your advice if it is going to sound well....
Yamaha RX-V 685
Yamaha YST-SW315PN
Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 540W

C&E CNE683904 16AWG
Mediabridge 24K Gold Plated
I already have LG 139cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) OLED Smart TV (OLED55B8PTA)
I also have a sony playstation 4 for a blue ray player..

also planing for some ceiling speakers for atmos ( no Idea how it sounds)
Kindly let me know please. room size is 12( Screen will be on this side) X14
could spend not more than 1.2 lakh including additional components....I would do the ceiling speakers later.
2nd installment i am planning the following
>BENQ MS 535P Projector
>Punnkk Projector Ceiling Wall Mount Projector Stand-Iron material-1ft to 2ft(25 * 40)
>Tavakkal® Premium Quality 4K 2K HDMI Splitter 1X2 (1 in 2 Out) with USB Power Cable. (HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out)
>BlueRigger in-Wall High Speed HDMI Cable - CL3 Rated - Supports 4K, Ultra HD, 3D, 1080p, Ethernet and Audio Return (Latest Standard) (35 Feet (10.5 Meters))
>Inlight 100 inches Diagonal (7 Ft. x 5 Ft.), 4:3 Ratio Picture Format, UHD-3D-4K Ready Technology Universal Map Type Projector Screen(White)

I am new to this forum .. planning to install the following combinations.. need your advice if it is going to sound well....
Yamaha RX-V 685
Yamaha YST-SW315PN
Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 540W

C&E CNE683904 16AWG
Mediabridge 24K Gold Plated
I already have LG 139cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) OLED Smart TV (OLED55B8PTA)
I also have a sony playstation 4 for a blue ray player..

Looks fine.. You may also consider adding a 2nd subwoofer later on..

also planing for some ceiling speakers for atmos ( no Idea how it sounds)

If you already have false ceiling, then placing inceiling speakers is easier.. If you have concrete ceiling, then you can choose any small bookshelf speakers with threaded hole inserts & external brackets which will help you mount to ceiling..

>BENQ MS 535P Projector
Inlight 100 inches Diagonal (7 Ft. x 5 Ft.), 4:3 Ratio Picture Format,

Any specific reason, you have chosen 4:3 Native projector?..

Ok Thanks.. But I thought the Taga 506 V.2 front speakers also acts as a sub as well .. please guide me if i am wrong.

If you already have false ceiling, then placing inceiling speakers is easier.. If you have concrete ceiling, then you can choose any small bookshelf speakers with threaded hole inserts & external brackets which will help you mount to ceiling..
[/QUOTE]

Yes I have a False ceiling.. any recommedations for inceiling speakers..? i dont want to spend too much on it as well..

Any specific reason, you have chosen 4:3 Native projector?..
[/QUOTE]
It is the screen.. does it really matter? I thought as far as the projectors( Benq MS 535 P) has options of different modes ..screens shouldn't matter...Sorry I have half baked knowledge on this..

Ok Thanks.. But I thought the Taga 506 V.2 front speakers also acts as a sub as well .. please guide me if i am wrong.

Floor-standers wouldn't match a sub-woofer for Low bass reproduction..

Yes I have a False ceiling.. any recommedations for inceiling speakers..? i dont want to spend too much on it as well..

Ok great.. Then it makes your life easier.. If you choose Taga TAV 506 for your 5.0 speakers, you can choose Taga in-ceiling speakers from amazon.in 9K for a pair is not too expensive IMO - https://www.amazon.in/Taga-Harmony-...eywords=Taga&qid=1553839627&s=gateway&sr=8-32

But, if you are able to find a in-ceiling speaker from any other brand for less, you may consider that too..

It is the screen.. does it really matter? I thought as far as the projectors( Benq MS 535 P) has options of different modes ..screens shouldn't matter...

Not a problem.. I was referring to the projector, not the screen.. Per the specification the projector has 800 x 600 resolution, which is a 4:3 aspect ratio.. Movies are mostly 21:9/16:9, so a 16:9 native aspect ratio is best fit if you are planning for movies..

Below image a reference
movie-aspect-ratio.png

Floor-standers wouldn't match a sub-woofer for Low bass reproduction..

OK sure .. got it .. I am buying Yamaha YST-SW315PN for that purpose..

great.. Then it makes your life easier.. If you choose Taga TAV 506 for your 5.0 speakers, you can choose Taga in-ceiling speakers from amazon.in 9K for a pair is not too expensive IMO - https://www.amazon.in/Taga-Harmony-...eywords=Taga&qid=1553839627&s=gateway&sr=8-32

But, if you are able to find a in-ceiling speaker from any other brand for less, you may consider that too..

Ok sure.. but is it better to go with some thing like Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System ?? Then i would not have to fiddle with the false ceiling ? or is it better to go with in ceiling speakers..? since I have not experienced any of these personally.

Not a problem.. I was referring to the projector, not the screen.. Per the specification the projector has 800 x 600 resolution, which is a 4:3 aspect ratio.. Movies are mostly 21:9/16:9, so a 16:9 native aspect ratio is best fit if you are planning for movies..

Below image a reference
movie-aspect-ratio.png

Ok Thank you .. i would go with the 16:9 I think.. most of the contents are in 16:9 format?

OK sure .. got it .. I am buying Yamaha YST-SW315PN for that purpose..

Great..

Ok sure.. but is it better to go with some thing like Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System ?? Then i would not have to fiddle with the false ceiling ? or is it better to go with in ceiling speakers..? since I have not experienced any of these personally.

Ceiling speakers better.. All you need to do is make a small cut in the false ceiling with the provided ceiling speaker template/cut-out and the speakers would sit nicely.. It will also look very nice..

Ok Thank you .. i would go with the 16:9 I think.. most of the contents are in 16:9 format?

Yup 16:9 native projector is better.. As it can handle movies in 16:9 as well as 21:9..

Ceiling speakers better.. All you need to do is make a small cut in the false ceiling with the provided ceiling speaker template/cut-out and the speakers would sit nicely.. It will also look very nice..
Can we use Zone 2 and extra surround output to make 5.2.4?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back