how toset a home theatre for room size 24*33 ft ht12 ft

anand_8873

hi,
i am looking to set up a new home thetre and no knowledge of sound and others kindly suggest min requiremnt in const and layout

Yours is a large room, and you better be looking at a good budget. I would also suggest that you seriously look at some room acoustics, else your investment would be a waste.

Cheers

Last edited:
ihave been suggested with the following
denon avr2311 for 69900 rs.
dbx driverrack 260 for 45000
qsc k8 3 nos for 52000 each
polk audio fxia4 2pairs for 42000
velodyne subwoofer 15 forward firing 34 kgs for 80000 2 pcs for 1600000

are this advisable and if yes are the rates okay

There are a number of flaws in your configuration.

First, it does not make sense to buy speakers from different companies. You will lose what is called timbre matching.

Second, it is stupid to mix active speakers with passive one.

Third, if you are going along with active speakers, you do not need an amplifier such as the AVR 2911. Just go for a good surround sound processor, and have active speakers all around.

Though Velodyne is good, there are equally good subs available at better prices from Paradigm, Martin Logan, and Deftech. At around 80K, a sub from SVS/Hsu Research will beat a Velodyne any day.

Are you doing something about room acoustics? If someone is advising you otherwise, please take a a hard relook. With the given room size, you cannot install a HT without acoustics in place.

Cheers

Last edited:
Onkyo and Denon are both good brands for this year. Choose your model and the accompanying speakers after auditioning them carefully. Speakers from companies such as Martin Logan, Deftech, Q-Acoustics, Wharfedale, Mordaunt-Short, MA, etc., are all good. But as I said you need to audition these speakers to decide which ones you like.

If you are going for active speakers, go for active speakers all around. Remember you need power point at all speaker locations. If you are going for passive speakers, ensure you have passive speakers all around.

Cheers

There are a number of flaws in your configuration.

First, it does not make sense to buy speakers from different companies. You will lose what is called timbre matching.

Second, it is stupid to mix active speakers with passive one.

Third, if you are going along with active speakers, you do not need an amplifier such as the AVR 2911. Just go for a good surround sound processor, and have active speakers all around.

Though Velodyne is good, there are equally good subs available at better prices from Paradigm, Martin Logan, and Deftech. At around 80K, a sub from SVS/Hsu Research will beat a Velodyne any day.

Are you doing something about room acoustics? If someone is advising you otherwise, please take a a hard relook. With the given room size, you cannot install a HT without acoustics in place.

Cheers

Venkat,
On speaker matching, can we not use the front and center from one company and rear surrounds from another company?

i should confess that i dont know the diff between active speakers and passive speakers and that i dont know abc of sound and vision hence i am totally dependent only on the feedback for selection home theatre equipment

On speaker matching, can we not use the front and center from one company and rear surrounds from another company?

You can when you know how to mix and match. I have a centre channel from Aperion Audio while my fronts and surrounds are from Wharfedale. It took me a week of fiddling to get the ideal sound from the system.

Cheers

i should confess that i dont know the diff between active speakers and passive speakers and that i dont know abc of sound and vision hence i am totally dependent only on the feedback for selection home theatre equipment

You should then work with a professional or with a HFV member from Hyderabad who is ready to spend time with you. Thus is a vast field and easy to get confused with.

Cheers

You can when you know how to mix and match. I have a centre channel from Aperion Audio while my fronts and surrounds are from Wharfedale. It took me a week of fiddling to get the ideal sound from the system.

Cheers

The auto claibration feature that some system offer nowadays with a mic jacked to the AVR, is that something which automaticaly does this adjustment?

The auto claibration feature that some system offer nowadays with a mic jacked to the AVR, is that something which automaticaly does this adjustment?

Yes unless you have a very quiet and acoustically treated room its gonna be a mess... I always found it was faulty in typical living room/bedroom setups and no use... Manual settings are always good.

Yes unless you have a very quiet and acoustically treated room its gonna be a mess... I always found it was faulty in typical living room/bedroom setups and no use... Manual settings are always good.

what is the model of your AVR with which you have tested this auto calibration?

what is the model of your AVR with which you have tested this auto calibration?

I have tested auto calibration on a number of AVR including Onkyo 875, 608, Yamaha 663, 863, Denon 1911, 2311, 3311. I always end up doing manual setting later with a SPL meter. Yes, the auto calibration sets the ground for you, but minute adjustments are needed to be done manually.

Cheers

Last edited:
hi,folks i thnk we have lost the original subject of helping me out on the home thr package
i have been suggested with two options as below
option I:-
Denon AVR-4311 -Rs 159,900 / -
Focal -Chorus 816V (pair) Floor Standing speakers -Rs 100,000 / -
Focal -Chorus CC 800V (1 unit)-Centre speaker -Rs 33000 / -
Focal -Chorus SW 800V (1 unit) Sub Woofer -Rs 66,000 / -
Focal -Chorus SR 800V (2 pairs) Surround Speakers -Rs 132,000 / -
Denon DBP 1611 NEW -BluRay Player -Rs 27,900 / -\
option II:-
Denon AVR-4311 -Rs 159,900 / -
Polk Audio RTi A9 Tower (1 pair) -Floor Standing speakers -Rs 79000 / -
Polk Audio DSW PRO 660 WI (1 unit) -Powered Subwoofer -Rs 32,000 / -
Polk Audio CSi A6 Center (1 unit) -Centre speaker -Rs 22,000 / -
Polk Audio FXi A4 Surround (1 pair) -Surround Speakers -Rs 21,000 / -
Polk Audio RTi A3 Bookshelf (1 pair) -Surround back speakers -Rs 22,000 / -
Denon DBP 1611 NEW -BluRay Player -Rs 27,900 / -

pls help in selecting the right package and also prices

2311 to 4311? That is quite a jump!! And the speaker, advise, frankly, is becoming random shots. And do not get a Blu-Ray player that is not region free for Blu-Ray.

Anand, please understand that the products you have been advised are all good. BU, they will sound terrible in an untreated room.

There are number of things you have to decide:

1. Number of people and seating arrangements.
2. Type of display - screen or TV
3. Distance from display
4. Cabling methodology
5. Subwoofer placement.
6. 5.1, 7.1, or 7.2?
7. If Screen, then projector

Cheers

thanks venkat
i already have the projector sanyoplv z700 and i am planning to use the same and also for acoustics i am searching the forum and willl get the acoustics done once the home theatre project is final on the paper hence suggest that shall i go for the polk audio or focal or any other speakers and setup as per ur advice and for the
clarity
1. Number of people and seating arrangements.:-would be for around 10 persons
2. Type of display - screen or TV:projector hence is it amust that i shall go for screen or wall will suffice
3. Distance from display:-10 ft
4. Cabling methodology:- not yet decided
5. Subwoofer placement.:-not yet decided
6. 5.1, 7.1, or 7.2? :-kindly suggest for the best as per room size
7. If Screen, then projector

and also kindly guide me whether shall i go for focal or polk and also whether it is good to buy denon 4311 for future ready and investing in the av is worh for the future

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back