HTIB within 20K to 25K

headbanger

Hi,

I have Samsung D6600 3D LED TV, Videocon HD and a PS3. Now I want to connect all these 3 devices to a 5.1 speaker system. I have heard HTiB is a one stop solution for this and relatively a cheaper solution as well. Is this the correct approach for this requirement and also can you guys please recommend me some HTiB within 20,000 INR to 25,000 INR which will suit my budget. My room's size is 14 feet by 10 feet.

Please suggest me on my requirements, I am noob here.

P.S. Yamaha YHT-196 Home theatre, this is something which I found which could server my purpose, any suggestions ?

Yamaha 196 will suite your needs, but it is an old model and lacks some new features. Another models to look for is Onkyo 3500.

Yamaha 196 is good but lacks HD audio. If you start using a Blu-ray player and Blu-ray discs 1-2 years from now you will need to upgrade. Better to go for a more advanced model and be future ready. Onkyo 3500 is good in that regard.

on regard of yamaha 196..can it decode normal dts and DD via hdmi.I need this information for my friend.I know it cannot decode dts hd ma etc.....but somewhere I read that it cant even decode normal dts and DD via hdmi(can do DD and dts via optical or coax).....means no use of hdmi to carry raw undecoded audio in 196........is that true...can you help??
thank you.

to op
if yamaha 196 can decode DD and normal dts via hdmi...it is good bang for buck.as suppose in future you buy a blu ray player and play br disk....the player itself will decode and send lpcm(decoded) to avr 196..so if 196 cant decode dts hd ma or dolby tru hd..not very big deal..just you will miss the logo....in fact may be the decoding may be better in the player than a entry level avr...well thats my idea..no offence
but if it cannot do any decocoding via hdmi..better is onk 3400 choice......

I live in New Bombay, any place where I could find Onkyo 3500 nearby ?

And also what is better when compared Onkyo 3500 with YHT-298 ? Where are the stores in Bombay or New Bombay where I could find these ? I don't mind buying online as well but not at ebay or junglee.

I live in New Bombay, any place where I could find Onkyo 3500 nearby ?

And also what is better when compared Onkyo 3500 with YHT-298 ? Where are the stores in Bombay or New Bombay where I could find these ? I don't mind buying online as well but not at ebay or junglee.

Check at Olx.in. One dealer in Bhandup is dealing with all of this HTIB. Pls. check for warranty first. Also check in reliance Digital

on regard of yamaha 196..can it decode normal dts and DD via hdmi.I need this information for my friend.I know it cannot decode dts hd ma etc.....but somewhere I read that it cant even decode normal dts and DD via hdmi(can do DD and dts via optical or coax).....means no use of hdmi to carry raw undecoded audio in 196........is that true...can you help??
thank you.

No idea mate. I don't see why it should not do DTS & DD via HDMI. Sorry cannot be of more help.

You can find Onkyo 3400 in Hypercity. Onkyo S3500 is out of stock and would be available in 10 days. The difference between 3400 & 3500 is just the USB as I was told by Oknyo person and price difference should be 1000 bucks.

thank you.

to op
if yamaha 196 can decode DD and normal dts via hdmi...it is good bang for buck.as suppose in future you buy a blu ray player and play br disk....the player itself will decode and send lpcm(decoded) to avr 196..so if 196 cant decode dts hd ma or dolby tru hd..not very big deal..just you will miss the logo....in fact may be the decoding may be better in the player than a entry level avr...well thats my idea..no offence
but if it cannot do any decocoding via hdmi..better is onk 3400 choice......

Yes it can decode DD and dts via HDMI. I've connected my BR player to YHT-196 via HDMI and it has no problem to decode DD or dts.

Yamaha 196 is good but lacks HD audio. If you start using a Blu-ray player and Blu-ray discs 1-2 years from now you will need to upgrade. Better to go for a more advanced model and be future ready. Onkyo 3500 is good in that regard.

It isn't as big a limitation as it looks. Most of the BR players can encode sound output to the format of your choice. So the BR player can encode the HD audio to the format, YHT-196 supports.

And also would like to connect my iPhone to the 5.1 system.

YHT-196 system fits most of your requirements except this one. It does not have USB port. You cannot directly connect your iPhone to it. You need a stereo to RCA cable. So that you can connect your iPhone's headphone out port to it.

If I understand correct, TrueHD / HD MA is not supported (decoded) by Y-196, which is essentially showing the respective logo on TV. but from a sound output (or enhancement) perspective, how exactly this can be overcome, considering you have a BR Player having all these latest decoders ? kindly explain. thanks.

if the player is already decoding dts hd ma and sends the decoded signal into yht 196...there is no problem i think....
yes the decoding quality of different players or avrs may vary according to price....
now in a entry level avr...and in a blu ray player...there wont be very difference..i think.
in fact may be in a 15k blu ray player the decoding can be better,,,may be

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back