IC - LG OLED mumbai group

Standalone LG stores are open in Mumbai. Got a call from one today. Only offering the TV with a table mount, with wall mounting done post lockdown However the quotes are ridiculously high. 1.6 lakh for a 55C9. Maybe trying to make more profit to cover the downturn, hence got a high quote.

Will wait till the chain stores are open.

Quite possible.they are offering 15% cashback upto 15k and 10k gift voucher. . =(Detailes available on their web)..... Need more bargening power.

Also they are not alone.samsung also offering same disscaunt.

Last edited:
Standalone LG stores are open in Mumbai. Got a call from one today. Only offering the TV with a table mount, with wall mounting done post lockdown However the quotes are ridiculously high. 1.6 lakh for a 55C9. Maybe trying to make more profit to cover the downturn, hence got a high quote.

Will wait till the chain stores are open.
Could be the increase in Import duty thanks to the new budget which was from April 1st? new sets will have higher prices cause of the $ to inr exchange rates increased.

It is possible it is due to the exchange rate or duty.

However, when I said the price is too high, he did say he would get back post the lockdown is over. Maybe he would get better clarity on pricing from LG, then.

Also mentioned the new LG TV's are have arrived in the country.

It is possible it is due to the exchange rate or duty.

However, when I said the price is too high, he did say he would get back post the lockdown is over. Maybe he would get better clarity on pricing from LG, then.

Also mentioned the new LG TV's are have arrived in the country.
A LG Showroom in Blr was quoting 2.05 for 65" C9 ( no freebies) . Cashback on top of this price

They are mad.

Look what i found today.if costliest player can drop to 20% where should other bend to?

Kohinoor in Andheri west is open if anyone wants to check out. Timings are 11am to 5pm.

Their prices haven’t changed though.

I also asked them about the price drop Sony announced. They didn’t have a clue (or feigned ignorance).

Yeah the prices have reduced definitely as per the news articles. We'll have better clarity on in store pricing, post all stores and company offices are open here.

They are mad.

Look what i found today.if costliest player can drop to 20% where should other bend to?

nothing big about 20% off from MRP for Sony Tvs. I was offered 20% for the Oleds last year end after negotiating with them.

This is just to get buyers back to their exclusive stores(Sony World) LG oleds anyways sell at more then 20% off the MRP anyways.

I seen most of the lg oled tv sold less than 35%. on mrp.if they reduces mrp selling price should change according.otherwise it is of no use.

It is very difficult to attract people to buy atleast for 1year.old selling structure will not work.

I seen most of the lg oled tv sold less than 35%. on mrp.if they reduces mrp selling price should change according.otherwise it is of no use.

It is very difficult to attract people to buy atleast for 1year.old selling structure will not work.
i like your optimism :) But when things get back to normal soon, people will buy the last years model as the new ones will have increased mrp.

Specially the Sony Oleds that are made in Malaysia , will attract higher import tariffs now with lower INR value so their newer models will surely be dearer. For Lg as they assemble their Oleds in India( my B6 is assembled here) will attract higher import duties for their parts like for the Panel & IC.

$ has almost shot up by 10% since last year & the import duty on TV & Electronics shot up earlier this year so if you still feel you will get the new models for cheaper is over optimistic :)

If you need a tv soon, my advice would be just buy it after lock down instead of waiting for too long.

Cheers.

i like your optimism :) But when things get back to normal soon, people will buy the last years model as the new ones will have increased mrp.

Specially the Sony Oleds that are made in Malaysia , will attract higher import tariffs now with lower INR value so their newer models will surely be dearer. For Lg as they assemble their Oleds in India( my B6 is assembled here) will attract higher import duties for their parts like for the Panel & IC.

$ has almost shot up by 10% since last year & the import duty on TV & Electronics shot up earlier this year so if you still feel you will get the new models for cheaper is over optimistic :)

If you need a tv soon, my advice would be just buy it after lock down instead of waiting for too long.

Cheers.

You're assuming Sony will not decrease their profit margin on the products. If they are publicly stating the demand is low and they are reducing the prices then that has to reflect in the actual price offered and not just the MRP. Otherwise there will be no change in demand.

You're assuming Sony will not decrease their profit margin on the products. If they are publicly stating the demand is low and they are reducing the prices then that has to reflect in the actual price offered and not just the MRP. Otherwise there will be no change in demand.
They better do that, they give the highest profit margin to their dealers :) Sony tvs are over priced in India & need a price corrections sooner then latter.

Cheers.

Cheers.

ASEAN–India Free Trade Area

I think we have this assumption that prices in India are higher coz import, but has anyone really checked whether that's true?

If LG is manufacturing here, that should make prices even cheaper for US. If Mexico made TVs are being sold in US, is importing panels and other components from Korea (and soon China too) to Mexico free? Yet the price there is quite a lot cheaper. People have been snagging up 77" C9 for less than 3,000$ now. Some of us have made that much for 65" here.

I think Indians are just been gouged by these companies.

ASEAN–India Free Trade Area

I think we have this assumption that prices in India are higher coz import, but has anyone really checked whether that's true?

If LG is manufacturing here, that should make prices even cheaper for US. If Mexico made TVs are being sold in US, is importing panels and other components from Korea (and soon China too) to Mexico free? Yet the price there is quite a lot cheaper. People have been snagging up 77" C9 for less than 3,000$ now. Some of us have made that much for 65" here.

I think Indians are just been gouged by these companies.
Yes I really don't understand the price disparity in US and India. US consumers are also better protected with the consumer laws where getting a panel or TV replacement in much easier. But the companies are charging more here!

LG C9 in US is available for 1600-2200$ (depending on deals etc) which would mean 1,20,000 - 1,65,000. I got mine around 1.9 when the prices were cheapest!
People in US have been buying open box C9 for far lesser knowing that any issue will be easily replaced. Here I wont feel comfortable in buying an open box OLED with faith in the company or the retailer that any problem would be replaced.

Yes I really don't understand the price disparity in US and India. US consumers are also better protected with the consumer laws where getting a panel or TV replacement in much easier. But the companies are charging more here!

LG C9 in US is available for 1600-2200$ (depending on deals etc) which would mean 1,20,000 - 1,65,000. I got mine around 1.9 when the prices were cheapest!
People in US have been buying open box C9 for far lesser knowing that any issue will be easily replaced. Here I wont feel comfortable in buying an open box OLED with faith in the company or the retailer that any problem would be replaced.

Yes! People have snagged up 77 inch C9 for 2100-2200 from best buy open box, and then added best buy's 5-year warranty that covers burn-in.

Price disparity even though it's being manufactured here is just price gouging.

Yes! People have snagged up 77 inch C9 for 2100-2200 from best buy open box, and then added best buy's 5-year warranty that covers burn-in.

Price disparity even though it's being manufactured here is just price gouging.
I had bought my C9 on dussehra @ 1.15 lacs which was about $1575 with 3 year warranty, which I belive was pretty close to US pricing.
LG is still far better in terms of their TV pricing as compared to Samsung with their obnoxious pricing for their QLED range in India.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back