Ilaiyaraaja

Sir is used for knights . Sir is used before the name to denote a knight . Indians use it wrong actually .
Cinema profession is just koothadi turned into stars

Is this not overboard ? I am sure Balamuralikrishna is more talented , Kannadasan lyrics had power . FYI .. Einstein came up with theorey reading Indian scriptures and he was cremated as per Indian tradition . He actually stole most of his work .
music

1. Might be we actually (wrong) using Sir As Like Ji (Used to address National leaders Nehru jI, Gandhi jI).

2. Koothadi = Actors\Actress and I dont think the word cover the Musician's as well.
3. If we say Music Directors are Koothadi's and doesn't deserve respect ,It include the Legends like Morzart,Beethoven or even Balamuralai Krishna or Kannadhasan (Pls dont be offended). I am Fan of Kannadhasan Iyya too.

Ilayaraja Iyya ( I feel this is right word) giving peace\healing\Joy to millions of soul with his Music, So he is supposed to be respected and cannot be treated like a common man who just criticize on others work.

Sorry if I'am Rude.:eek:hyeah:

Conclusion :Respecting someone on their talent to be welcomed and people use Sir\Ji\Iyya to their wish to show the same.

hmmmm.. doosuku doosku ... that is what I hear .Neways , I respect the man . More than him , his brother was the one who actually believed in his music

Sorry I missed this Quote. when this Doosuku Doosuku comes from Ilayaraja Iyya ,it bring some smile in people, Joy in heart, feeling lite in Mind.

We have people with HI-tech equipment nowadays to make even make Donkey Noise into Million Hits in Youtube. But Only Raja In India\South India was able to cover Million of hearts with his Harmonium.

Also there are many hundreds of best composing from Ilayaraja Iyya, other than the only One Dosuku Dosuku song which you heard in Life time.

You could PM me in case you like to get info argument mode and not in this thread thread please. Since this thread is like "Holy" for fans like me and not like to add up any dirty arguments .

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Nothing wrong with respecting some one with Ji, ayya, sir, saheb. Even we address each other as sir/ayya/amma :D in Tamilnadu. It is the way of showing respect. But sometimes we idolise some public figures and raise them to such great heights that we start believing they are unquestionable and beyond criticism.
I respect Ilayaraja very much. He gave us some unforgettable/ mesmerising music but at the same time I do have some differing views also.
According to me in Tamil film music I would place MSV first than V.Kumar and Ilayaraja only the third. This is my personal humble opinion.
Regards

Sorry I missed this Quote. when this Doosuku Doosuku comes from Ilayaraja Iyya ,it bring some smile in people, Joy in heart, feeling lite in Mind.

We have people with HI-tech equipment nowadays to make even make Donkey Noise into Million Hits in Youtube. But Only Raja In India\South India was able to cover Million of hearts with his Harmonium.

Also there are many hundreds of best composing from Ilayaraja Iyya, other than the only One Dosuku Dosuku song which you heard in Life time.

You could PM me in case you like to get info argument mode and not in this thread thread please. Since this thread is like "Holy" for fans like me and not like to add up any dirty arguments .

Well said buddy.. he is a true genius. A very versatile creator.many of his creations are still fresh and pure as the morning dew.. :clapping:

1. Might be we actually (wrong) using Sir As Like Ji (Used to address National leaders Nehru jI, Gandhi jI).
Well, not only with respect to ilayaraja ,but rajini sir , kamal sir etc .. I just get so pissed off .Sometimes , one starts wondering if they are bigger than ABdul Kalam .

2. Koothadi = Actors\Actress and I dont think the word cover the Musician's as well.
Koothu is not complete without music . So , everyone is a koothadi .

3. If we say Music Directors are Koothadi's and doesn't deserve respect ,It include the Legends like Morzart,Beethoven or even Balamuralai Krishna or Kannadhasan (Pls dont be offended). I am Fan of Kannadhasan Iyya too.

Does illayaraja play music without taking money ? kannadasan wrote for free ? No right ? We pay they play . It is not the same with others . Motzart , Beethoven were in a different era where genius was recognised after they had died as paupers .

Ilayaraja Iyya ( I feel this is right word) giving peace\healing\Joy to millions of soul with his Music, So he is supposed to be respected and cannot be treated like a common man who just criticize on others work.

hmmm..

Sorry if I'am Rude.:eek:hyeah:

Conclusion :Respecting someone on their talent to be welcomed and people use Sir\Ji\Iyya to their wish to show the same.[/QUOTE]

He does use guitar , synthesizer , drums ... many of them electronic instruments .

Compositions or tunes ? Balamuralikrishna composes .. illayaraja tunes .

I understand and appreciate .

Hi guys,

Nothing wrong with respecting some one with Ji, ayya, sir, saheb. Even we address each other as sir/ayya/amma :D in Tamilnadu. It is the way of showing respect. But sometimes we idolise some public figures and raise them to such great heights that we start believing they are unquestionable and beyond criticism.
I respect Ilayaraja very much. He gave us some unforgettable/ mesmerising music but at the same time I do have some differing views also.
According to me in Tamil film music I would place MSV first than V.Kumar and Ilayaraja only the third. This is my personal humble opinion.
Regards

Unfound respect for film stars , musicians is kind of over driven in India . Yes ,I think my order of preference would be MSV at the top with regard to being creative . I think ilayaraja recording makes a different. he does it better .

Last edited:
1.Well, not only with respect to ilayaraja ,but rajini sir , kamal sir etc .. I just get so pissed off .Sometimes , one starts wondering if they are bigger than ABdul Kalam.

Koothu is not complete without music . So , everyone is a koothadi .

Does illayaraja play music without taking money ? kannadasan wrote for free ? No right ? We pay they play . It is not the same with others . Motzart , Beethoven were in a different era where genius was recognised after they had died as paupers .

Unfound respect for film stars , musicians is kind of over driven in India . Yes ,I think my order of preference would be MSV at the top with regard to being creative . I think ilayaraja recording makes a different. he does it better .

1.We cannot Compare people here.
2.Please go through the History of Koothu, There was no Music in Koothu Initially. Acting will be thought in Koothu Pattarai not Music.Anyone can act but not all can compose Music.
3.People get paid for their work,No one does work for free in the world.
4. I dont know about other Inidan Languages But in Tamil, language itself classified into Iyal (Normal tamil used in day to day Life ),Isai (Music) and Nadagam (Drama). So Tamil People are over driven by Music and Music composers, Tamil tradition is blended with music from birth to death.

Music is to make people happy, relaxed to heal pain etc and Ilayaraja Iyya did it in Millions of hearts, I know many friends who dont know Tamil but fan of Raja for years. Not ever music director can hold this credit, Ilayaraja Is Legend ,You could say what ever you like and want, thats not going to stop people praising his work.:eek:hyeah:

Is this not overboard ? I am sure Balamuralikrishna is more talented , Kannadasan lyrics had power . FYI .. Einstein came up with theorey reading Indian scriptures and he was cremated as per Indian tradition . He actually stole most of his work .

I like Kannadasan and MSV as much as i like Ilayaraja, i don't mind addressing them as Sir.

There has been allegations on Kannadasan by a fellow poet that he stole from Shakespeare, when people are extremely talented they are bound to be surrounded by controversies and imaginary stories,Einstein was no exception.

There is no such thing as one Indian tradition or Indian scripture, that is a whole different topic which i don't want to discuss here. One should understand that there are many ancient scriptures in many parts of the world, these have gone through translations and modifications through many hundreds of years.

I remember watching a very compelling documentary about the mayan's and how they had runways for spaceships, it was fun.:)

Hi members there is a discussion thread for releasing new lp, kindly lend your support by booking for copy of the new Lp. If this is successful we could bring other language titles too.

Hi All,
Ilayaraja CD's from Raja Music has been released. Please get your copies as early. The recoding is very decent. You can get Audio CD quality.

Hi ,

Could you share more about the Audio Quality ? I have ordered But it takes time to get them.If you could give some more info about the Quality it would be great.

Audio Quality is good. Just now I got from Richie street Chennai. I have checked two or three CD's It sound really good because the old movie LP records and Cd's released previously were not good when compared to the current release. will test all the CD's and reply.

Audio Quality is good. Just now I got from Richie street Chennai. I have checked two or three CD's It sound really good because the old movie LP records and Cd's released previously were not good when compared to the current release. will test all the CD's and reply.

hi where do you bought in ricie street, i

hi where in richie street?

there are few distributor shops in Ritchie street .

The bldg adjacent to the police (or traffic ?) chowky has one on the first floor (try this one first)

Just cross the road from that bldg and on the ground floor you have one more store on the right side .

Just enquire for Audio CD shops there ...

One more shop is at the dead end of the street ...

I visit these shops when I come to Chennai

Sunday is closed ..so try tomm

Last edited:
Hi All,

Supreme music from Richie Street has all the 12 Ilayaraja CD's released by RAAJA DIGITAL is in stock.
Richie street is near Devi Theatre Mount Road. It is called Radio Market in Chennai.

Last edited:
its available in Amazon.

Buy Raja Hits [ 12 AUDIOCD PACK] Online at Low Prices in India | Amazon Music Store - Amazon.in

I bought the entire set as well as the Mp3 CD's, overall 60% of the songs have been recorded with decent mastering.

Ilayaraja's recording is always very dynamic, his recording as good as or even better than many international artists and bands known for good quality recordings.

The problem is the mastering for reissue or how well the sources have been preserved, i also firmly believe that recording and mastering comes first and then the storage medium (Digital,LP,Tape).

There are many (Atleast 10) Fans out who have the First Edition LP\CD of IR. If the Raaja Digital could reach out to the fan's Might have delivered better Quality CD's.

I am with them for releasing the CD' (I bought 2 Copies),But seriously they need to improve on Source and try remastering, In case they dont get First Edition CD's.

70's and early 80's Music source is Only LP, So surely they need a remastering after getting to the right Source.

Later 80'- 90's we had CD from Oriental, Pyramid, Raimy etc to work out.If they have seen any real demand for the New Audio cd's then sure, they will do new release taking the feedback from users. Else they might drop the whole plan of Releasing CD's again and might release only in Digital Download from Raaja Store.

We need to wait and watch..

im looking for few lps/eps
Annakili, chittukuruvi, nizhalgal, moodu paani, kizhake pogum rail, 16 vayahdiniley

if anyone could help me, please let me know

thanks in advance

Listened to Agni Natchathiram audio CD by raja digital few times, i must say it is pretty good.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back