Int amp as an add on to AVR

Pradski:

With a Denon 2309 and Marantz 5001 CDP, you shouldget good music. Denon is supposed to be a musical amp, for heaven's sake.

As Moser has said have you connected the CDP properly? And are you using the PURE DIRECT mode of the 2309. In this mode, the Denon will switch off all video circuitry and give you pure 2 channel audio.

Connected properly, the 2309 may actually give better sound than any of the old models you are looking at.

Cheers

Hi Venkat your PM space is full.I want to PM you.

Don't know about the Denon, but I will agree with you (albeit grudgingly since I do love my Onkyo). Music really does not rock on Onkyo/Yamaha, but movies sure do rock a whole lot better than others in the same league/category on the Onkyo/Yamaha. The problem is with outputting 2 channel music in a 5.1 HT system. DTS and 5.1 music though does sound heavenly on my Onkyo, only too bad there is very less of DTS and 5.1 music that is available.

I connected PC to Onkyo HT in multichanel mode & found music sounds better
than budget DVDP.

I connected PC to Onkyo HT in multichanel mode & found music sounds better
than budget DVDP.

Yup it does and so too in Dolby Pro II Music mode on the Onkyo AVR. I kept getting a loud hum though when I connected my PC to the AVR (probably faulty earthing in my home) and that was the end of my experiment...

Dedicated speakers like the Audioengine A5 and Creative however do perform better for 2 channel music. Multichannel mode too does the same thing of pumping stereo music into all speakers at the same time.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back