Introduction & Help choose Plasma 50 inchs

reynoldmaben

Hello Friends,

My name is Reynold am a resident of Bangalore. Well I wanted to set up a home theatre in my living room.. 3 years ago when I returned from Dubai I carried a LCD projector along with me model No. LG XP 24 used it for couple of days with my Harmen Kardon home theatre with infinity speakers 5.1 DTS (not sure about the model number but the speakers are wooden make) and something went wrong with the projector. Then I got another projector from Dubai LG XP12 after a couple of days something went wrong with this projector and now I have dumped both the projectors and planning to purchase a Plasma TV.

Never knew buying a plasma would be so damn complicated.. well initally i was planning to buy LG make but after checking with Ezone and Crome (different outlets) was given to understand that Samsung plasma's are of better make. However i do not trust the sales guys at both the showrooms as each of them speaks a different version and have very technical knowledge of the product they are selling and they are very mis leading.. Thats the reason im here to seek the experts guidance.

According to me Samsung models are much cheaper and have more features compared to LG, picture quality looked better too.

Below are the list of models with the approx price, kindly assist me in finalising on one model so that I can purchase without any worries behind my mind. If you can suggest a place where i can get the TV cheaper pls advise.

LG50PQ30 54990/- Croma Price
LG50PK550 67000/- Croma Price
LG50PQ70 60030/- Ezone Price
LG50PJ350 55000/- Ezone price (apprx amt do not remember but cheapest among all)
PS50C450 64000/- Ezone Price

Await your suggestions, Ezone has a sale on for the next 3 days but was told that none of the above products will be given any further discount but will be eligible for an assured gift.

Look forward to hear from you all.

Regards
Reynold

Hey Reynold, welcome to HFV.

My take on the models you have mentioned:

LG50PQ30, LG50PQ70
Both these are 2009 models. 2010 LG plasmas have visible picture quality improvements.

LG50PK550
Read this post, it might help.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10613-lg-50pk550r-owners-discussion-thread-39.html#post160042

LG50PJ350
There are few who recently purchased this set. Again check out the first 2 pages of Television thread. You will get some more details.

PK550 is full HD whereas PJ350 is HD ready. You can get both these sets at much lesser than price than quoted at ezone or Chroma. Request price information on the price thread or PK550 owner's thread to get a true price.

PS50C450
This is a HD ready display. Should be in same league as LG HD ready PJ series.

Also check out the Samsung PS50C550. You did not mention your budget and viewing distance/pattern (SD, HD, gaming).

Check out the threads for each of these displays. Am sure you'll find answers.

I would advice not to go with 2009 LG PQ series. Thats what I was told when I was pursuing it last year.

You can grab a 50PK550 for 62K or less in B'lore.

I have seen a few Bangalorian's interested in PK550 in this forum. Why not you all group together and go for a group buy? You may save couple of thousand doing that way. For may well succeed to get it a price below 60K ;)

sorry for value for money question - is it wise to invest that much into a TV and have buyer's remorse when 3D tech MAY become irresistible in a years time? Not questioning you but questioning myself and looking for your answers.
Earlier year models were 720p, while C550 is a full hd.

regards

sorry for value for money question - is it wise to invest that much into a TV and have buyer's remorse when 3D tech MAY become irresistible in a years time? Not questioning you but questioning myself and looking for your answers.
Earlier year models were 720p, while C550 is a full hd.

regards

Every year you wait, you will get better products at much lesser price. If I had bought 50" plasma last year, I would have ended up with HD Ready for the same price. But how long will you wait?
It is not going to end with 3D.
4K TVs are already out, though super expensive. But hey, Youtube already supports 4K and hence in some years from now it is going to be in everyones wish list. OLED TVs are going to pitch in.
What I mean is, the wait will never end. You can always see something more tempting in your horizon.

That said, if you are very much interested in 3D, better to wait. In Plasmas, 3D is going to tickle down to 42" and to HD Ready TVs.
Unless for special movies, I am not so into 3D. Cinemas halls can fill in those gaps.

I got a quote of LG 50PKK for Rs55K (incl of taxes & installation) from the institutional sales dept of the co. But for more than 1 set and that too for corporates.

Dear Friends,

Well thank you all so much for your inputs, 2 things that i have figured out LG50PK550 is everyone' s suggestion and not to purchase from either ezone or croma as the prices that i have indicated are higher. I am open for a group buy as well as dotMac has suggested. Also it would be great if someone can suggest a place where I can purchase PK550 at a reasonable price and pls let me know what is the current price. With reg to 3D's I completely agree with what dotMac has stated.

It would be also great if someone tell me where or how I can locate this post for future ref.?? Unable to figure out.

Reynold

Dear Friends,

Well thank you all so much for your inputs, 2 things that i have figured out LG50PK550 is everyone' s suggestion and not to purchase from either ezone or croma as the prices that i have indicated are higher. I am open for a group buy as well as dotMac has suggested. Also it would be great if someone can suggest a place where I can purchase PK550 at a reasonable price and pls let me know what is the current price. With reg to 3D's I completely agree with what dotMac has stated.

It would be also great if someone tell me where or how I can locate this post for future ref.?? Unable to figure out.

Reynold

Modern World in Domlur is a good place to check for plasmas. Ph: 25358192. Good luck.

Modern World in Domlur is a good place to check for plasmas. Ph: 25358192. Good luck.

Yes for checking ok but not for buying they are too expensive than other stores like (devi/aadhiswar at times girias) . Aviod ezone unless its a killer offer...

Back