IPS vs VA Panels on TVs (Brands, Series, Models) in India?

I don't understand hindi.. :) Iam from down south TN, not a native of hyderabad.
If you are looking for general info about panasonic in india, here you go.
:D Let me look up some Tam funny stuff if I am able to.. who was that comedian in Bombay to Goa w Amitabh
Great.. a starting point atlease :D Thanks a lot for sharing.. lets read..
Panasonic's are all IPS in india. Sold very few oleds too but quickly stopped for reasons only they know.
IPS is what I seek for now.
OLED/ Higher end is not on my budget right now. I'd like a 50/55" USB C/ Thunderbolt future monitor.. from 2022/23.. hoping some company delivers. So saving $$ and mostly going with value IPS.
StopTheFOMO talks about global models which have VA.
If a company sells same series models with 2 different types of panels, it is a red flag right there.
Hmm..
Highest end IPS models of panasonic were selling in the 60k range for 55 inches during diwali. But highest end is a relative term, it is still edgelit and with poor blacks.
Hmm.. interesting. But with IPS shouldnt we be expecting that.. vs VA.. the blacks issue?
Also I wonder whoever is using IPS panels, are the doing E LEDs or some do D LEDs?
Other brands have come a long way from where panasonic stand. IMO, they lost track after stopping plasma tv production.
Oh wow! that much of a back seat..
Still you will get legendary panasonic cinematic picture processing, much above average build quality and arguably better long term reliability etc. If you can trade inherent deficiencies of edge lit IPS panels with the above virtues, it is yours.
Hmm.. will have to step out in Covid masses and check it out.. to assess the Tradeoffs.
A lot of people are happy with the last year panasonic 8 series.
Hmm..
While they are good in 60k discounted range, should be avoided in 1L range.
Noted.
I would personally avoid any edge lit static backlight models at any price which would remove all of Panasonic's from my consideration anyway. An awesome cinematic picture processor coupled with edge lit panels falls directly in no man's land IMO.
True. I think from the application PoV - as a IPS Monitor versus a Dynamic High Black Cinematic calls for different strengths for sure.

Although I am curious to know if anyone using IPS with FALD and/ or DLED.. or QLED (aside from Ridaex - seems they jumped in from the Commercial Display business) ?

Although I am curious to know if anyone using IPS with FALD and/ or DLED.. or QLED (aside from Ridaex - seems they jumped in from the Commercial Display business) ?

Do elaborate please? "does" which/ where?

* LG TVs IPS Panels are all DLED lit? instead of ELED?
* FALD in some?
* QLED?

If some other company/ TV is using an LG IPS, how could one check if its using one of the above instead of being ELED?

Last edited:
Do elaborate please? "does" which/ where?

* LG TVs IPS Panels are all DLED lit? instead of ELED?
* FALD in some?
* QLED?

If some other company/ TV is using an LG IPS, how could one check if its using one of the above instead of being ELED?

LG makes some pretty average TVs other than the OLEDs.
Their nanocell lineup is mostly DLED and FALD but they do have some edge lits. But with costly mrp with throw stone distance from the OLED prices, doesn't make sense there.
I am not aware of version numbers etc but if you can find a cheap discounted nanocell tv, it might fit you. Check reviews though tp ascertain it is FALD.

See the black difference, I would run away from such TVs.

This is for the local dimming. Seriously LG?

All of LG tech seem just to put a tick mark on feature list with little correspondence to real world performance.
OLEDs are exceptions from LG rather than expectations.

No QLED tech for LG tvs.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back