Lets talk about blurays--movies/ scenes/audio/pq /repeat values

Anybody here... is a fan of "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" ??
Yesterday, I watched this great movie at a friend's house on BluRay !!
I had watched this movie on DVDs many times before.
But what a transformation in BluRay... The Picture Quality is far better than DVD version and BluRay has got an extended version as well.
I love the way music of the film drives the movie. One of my favourite soundtrack in the history of hollywood movies !!
Amazing improvement in Audio Quality on BluRay...a near perfect DTS surround sound !!

Anybody here... is a fan of "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" ??
Yesterday, I watched this great movie at a friend's house on BluRay !!
I had watched this movie on DVDs many times before.
But what a transformation in BluRay... The Picture Quality is far better than DVD version and BluRay has got an extended version as well.
I love the way music of the film drives the movie. One of my favourite soundtrack in the history of hollywood movies !!
Amazing improvement in Audio Quality on BluRay...a near perfect DTS surround sound !!

i concur :eek:hyeah:

if you can, watch 'for a few dollars more' and 'a fistful of dollars' too.

i concur :eek:hyeah:

if you can, watch 'for a few dollars more' and 'a fistful of dollars' too.

Great to know ! For all those western fans... nobody can avoid these two as well.
Don't have my own BluRay player so far, However I have the BluRay rips of these two movies. Haven't yet watched however. On your recommendation, I'm gonna watch them on weekend.
Let's see how good these 2 earlier movies of Sergio Leone are !!

^^

Another movie in the same series "Two mules for sister Sara". This movie was not a hit when it was released. Its a nice watch now. Shirely maclaine outshines Clint eastwood in this movie.

My Dad's best collection so far and now have become mine as well...

Django, Dark Of The Sun - Merceneries Katanga, 100 Rifles, Guns For San Sebastian, Hatari, How the west was won, Kill them All And Come Back Alone and many many more...
I just download it from net if possible at least a 720p movie or else the DVD. These are some of my collection based on my dad's memory..

Thanks.

Hatari is a nice movie. I have not come across blu-ray for Hatari. As a small boy, when I saw Hatari I didnt know who was John wayne. Stagecoach is a good is one of the good western classicals of John wayne. But I dont think it is available in Blu-ray

Great to know ! For all those western fans... nobody can avoid these two as well.
Don't have my own BluRay player so far, However I have the BluRay rips of these two movies. Haven't yet watched however. On your recommendation, I'm gonna watch them on weekend.
Let's see how good these 2 earlier movies of Sergio Leone are !!

watch in the same order as i have written. also, i guess, the carillon soundtrack climax of 'for a few dollars more' would blow you away too (not intended to spoil your anticipation & excitement :p)

^^

Another movie in the same series "Two mules for sister Sara". This movie was not a hit when it was released. Its a nice watch now. Shirely maclaine outshines Clint eastwood in this movie.

nice ! looking forward to watching this one too :licklips:

also, i hope you would like 'the unforgiven' (1992) too....another classic western movie with clint eastwood & a couple of other bigwigs. the film is a bit long, slow, and might give the impression that its just dragging on loosely, but JUST hang on till you reach a bit more than halfway through the movie, and you will be savouring a movie that would haunt your mind for days to come :)

one more HIGHLY recommended movie from my side - DAS BOOT.

this one's about a U-boat and its crew. its a german movie from the 80s (1981). try watching the 'director's cut' edition. its a bit long movie (around 3.5 hrs or so), but never for a moment would it let you feel that you are losing the grip. some of the finest acting put up by any actors i've seen (esp. from jurgen prochnow, who plays the master of the sub). soundtrack is minimal, but impressive (just like it should be in a movie), and complements the situation in the movie (when the crew is waiting for a 'prey' & spot one after a long wait). if any of you members are a mariner like me, you would be definitely reminded of some grim/heart-pounding emergency situations as well as few usual engine-room crisis scenarios you may have experienced onboard.

overall, a 'must-watch' is what i would say :thumbsup:

Hatari is a nice movie. I have not come across blu-ray for Hatari. As a small boy, when I saw Hatari I didnt know who was John wayne. Stagecoach is a good is one of the good western classicals of John wayne. But I dont think it is available in Blu-ray

Yes I think many of the movies which I listed may not have been released yet in blu-ray. But just watching them on DVD itself is a very nice experience. Even I realized who is John Wayne only after seeing Rambo 1 movie :lol:

Thanks

What am I missing here. I dont understand what John Wayne has to do with Rambo or vice versa?

Cheers

My bad the actor whom I was referring to the colonel in Rambo movie was infact Richard Crenna. He looks similar to John Wayne..and infact after you posted it I went thru the google and found out it was not me alone who thought John Wayne acted in Rambo series of movies.

Thanks for pointing it out..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back