Lets talk about blurays--movies/ scenes/audio/pq /repeat values

Hi idledbrain,

I live in Hyderabad, do you know any place where they rent blu ray?

Regards,
Edwin

Salt Blu Ray
This BD is excellent particularly in Audio.
It got ] 3 versions of the movie. Theatrical Version, Director's Cut and Extended Cut. Out of these, Director's cut is recommended if watching first time.This cut got more violence and bullet impact, more details of the Salt character with out marring pace and importantly an Interesting Twist in the final scene before end credits.
Extended cut should have named as Alternative cut this is shorter than other two as one of the a pivotal shootout, one of the best in the movie, is actually stripped out and placed a totally different and unappealing ending.This is the weakest cut.If they have released this version in theaters, could have been a biggest disaster.
If one likes the Bourne and Bond movies this a must. being a sucker to this genre watched all the 3 versions...Its not a master piece but the the treacherous plot and twists and turns keeps the viewer engaged all the time.

Region: ABC
It got Hindi, Telugu Tamil 5.1 DD tracks along with English DTS HD.
Interviews with former CIA agents in Extras is interesting.

SPARTACUS -BLOOD AND SAND

Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Complete First Season Blu-ray

This is simply Awesome ,must have for lovers of Action gladiator style,
its the mother of gore, violence,and flesh
Truly amazing BD ,The first season comes with 4 discs with running time of 600+ min

The Action ,Graphics,women and audio in Dolby True HD are sure to blow you away!!
One of the women is Lucy lawless (XENA-The Warrior princess)

Only wish and pray that the the main character Andy whitfield recovers soon from his illness and starts filming the Season two.

Last edited:
Spartacus is indeed one of the best TV series out there, great production quality!

Sadly Mr. Whitefileld is not returning for season 2, more details here there are plans on recasting the role of Spartacus. Next month a prequel series is starting with only 6 episodes which tells the story of Batiatus also with a brief appearance by Mr. Whitfield.

SPARTACUS -BLOOD AND SAND

Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Complete First Season Blu-ray

This is simply Awesome ,must have for lovers of Action gladiator style,
its the mother of gore, violence,and flesh
Truly amazing BD ,The first season comes with 4 discs with running time of 600+ min

The Action ,Graphics,women and audio in Dolby True HD are sure to blow you away!!
One of the women is Lucy lawless (XENA-The Warrior princess)

Only wish and pray that the the main character Andy whitfield recovers soon from his illness and starts filming the Season two.

First three episodes of Spartacus Season 2 Gods of the Arena are out:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::licklips:

Fast Five (2011)

A good action movie, I guess this is the best among all the Fast&Furious series in-terms of story, the action scenes are very well done, good video transfer and the HD audio is really well mixed for the action scenes. A must have movie on bluray .

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of the blu rays i own some of my favs are :-
1.Dark Knight
3.Bladerunner
4.I Robot
5.Guzaarish
6.Inception
7.Kill Bill
8.Kung Fu Panda
9Transformers
10.Avatar Extended collected Edition.

For sheer repeat value, scenes from dark knight,Apocalypto,Avatar,Gladiator and Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban. Ghost and the darkness is another movie which i watch frequently on DVD. Eagerly awaiting its Blu ray release.

I am planing to get PS3 Slim but I just want to make sure that it playes true 3d and 5.1 can be connected with amp. It's not that I want to just play games. Please suggest. As of now I have a panasonic Home theater which dose not have optical or Coaxial Input or provision. Is there any way to get 5.1 output with my current home theater. Please help!!!

As I purchased 3D TV so I want to play 3D Movies as well as Games. But my problem is how to get the 5.1 Sound :(

Is PS3 Region free for movies? I get most of the DVD/Blu Rays from US. Will it work? Please respond quickly. Thanks in advance.

There is no way to get 5.1 from your panasonic HT. Better sell it and buy onkyo 3400. I think for BD movies, PS3 is not region free. Since you are getting BD disks from the US, it is better to buy ps3 also from there.

There is no way to get 5.1 from your panasonic HT. Better sell it and buy onkyo 3400. I think for BD movies, PS3 is not region free. Since you are getting BD disks from the US, it is better to buy ps3 also from there.

Any other 3D Blu Ray Player? Which has region free so I can play my US Blu Ray Disks. Thanks in Advance.

Of the blu rays i own some of my favs are :-
1.Dark Knight
3.Bladerunner
4.I Robot
5.Guzaarish
6.Inception
7.Kill Bill
8.Kung Fu Panda
9Transformers
10.Avatar Extended collected Edition.

For sheer repeat value, scenes from dark knight,Apocalypto,Avatar,Gladiator and Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban. Ghost and the darkness is another movie which i watch frequently on DVD. Eagerly awaiting its Blu ray release.

Hi I need Kill bil & Inception to view, can you lend me??

Guys was planning to buy Avatar from Amazon uk, But none of them are region free? i can only buy from amazon uk as my friend is coming from uk is few weeks time....
and was also interested in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen, Sean Astin, Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Sean Bean, Orlando Bloom, John Rhys-Davies, Peter Jackson: Film & TV

but again its locked to region B, can anyone shade some light on this...if region free of above both is available ?

Is PS3 Region free for movies? I get most of the DVD/Blu Rays from US. Will it work? Please respond quickly. Thanks in advance.

If your PS3 is Indian it will be locked to R5/C.

So your US blu rays will work on it provided it is a region free disk.

You can check it out prior to purchase here.

Cheers!

Guys was planning to buy Avatar from Amazon uk, But none of them are region free? i can only buy from amazon uk as my friend is coming from uk is few weeks time....
and was also interested in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen, Sean Astin, Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Sean Bean, Orlando Bloom, John Rhys-Davies, Peter Jackson: Film & TV

but again its locked to region B, can anyone shade some light on this...if region free of above both is available ?
You didn't mention what region Player you have.
LOTR is Region B. Avatar Bare bones Edition is A&B, Avatar Ext. Edition is B.
If your player is bought in India, none of the above titles plays for you.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back