Lets talk about blurays--movies/ scenes/audio/pq /repeat values

You didn't mention what region Player you have.
LOTR is Region B. Avatar Bare bones Edition is A&B, Avatar Ext. Edition is B.
If your player is bought in India, none of the above titles plays for you.

Well i have ps3 bought in India. how about the Avatar bluray we get in flipkart? is it worth buying from them? how is AV transfer compared to Uk ?

Well i have ps3 bought in India. how about the Avatar bluray we get in flipkart? is it worth buying from them? how is AV transfer compared to Uk ?
Any BD you buy in India Just plays fine in your player. A/V of Avatar Indian Edition is as good as any other import. I got both India & US editions they are similar....don't worry.

"Band of Brothers" on Bluray - one of the finest sound mixes ever! I do not really have a hi-end AV setup (perhaps, can call it "mid-end") - but the my setup seemed to behave entirely different with the BoB bluray! Even the most congested battle scenes were very well resolved, the bass and explosions were all very convincing, and surrounds just come alive! I am already in my third viewing of the entire series. I picked up this tin-box set on Amazon UK for less than 16 pounds - a steal, really! It is still available on Amazon UK for about the same price. For it's price and AV value, you should seriously consider picking up BoB, if you don't have it aleady

I watched 'TRON Legacy' on BluRay last night.. it was truly a feast.. 10/10 on Audio and video.. highly entertaining, albeit a wafer thin story... but it entertains.

I regret not having watched it in IMAX last year.

A noob question...
Can I able to play 3D bluray in 2D mode?
Will I get the same PQ as in the original 2D disc?

A noob question...
Can I able to play 3D bluray in 2D mode?
Will I get the same PQ as in the original 2D disc?

Most of the 3D disc have both format stored in the same disc and you have to select the option for playing and you will get different PQ in terms of technical terms as 3D and 2D...:p

Always 2D is better for normal viewing and if you are in normal mood. If you want to get involved and dont want to get disturbed by others presence in the room 3D is useful:D

the sound of music 45th anniversary ltd edition 2 blu ray plus 1 dvd box set
Movie
the story is amazing , based on real story but little modified.
one of greatest classics and now one of my fav movies , re watchable factor , kids and adult both will like.fabulous acting by julie andrews , christopher plummer and kids (now adults :p).hindi movie parichay of jitendra and jaya bacchan is copy of this movie and even songs are ,do re mi song iscopied into sare ke sare gamma ko lekar by rd burman , i think he started the coping of songs in hindi movie.i had watched parichay before , but this movie is way better and end is quite good and emotional
BD PQ & AQ
pq is near to perfect , but is great when u think its 45 year old film. the bonus disc has info how they restored and what it takes to restore sound and video.
u can see very good details of grass in opening shot of movie , the scenery looks magnificent

aq 7.1 dts hd does justice to the movie .its crisp and clear.music is very soothing
my fav songs are edelweiss which is emotional, plus goatherd and my fav things song.

must buy and re watchable .
if you only watch action and suspense or criminal movies , u wont like this.
but ur family or kids woulds love it.

got it from ezone retails outlets movies and more section of excel group of india , they have 50 % on limited edition plus u get to choose free movie dvd , got the unstoppable dvd all for 1499 rs

they even have alien anthology big egg statue set worth 8999 for 4999 . anyone from mumbai wants i can give address of shop

Just finished watching "Cleopatra" - the motion picture that nearly drove 20th Century Fox bankrupt. A great movie and nearly accurate on historical facts - you know how historical epics are mercilessly "tuned" for Hollywood! Any way it should be a must have in somebody's collection.

Movie is just over four hours and comes on 2 discs.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

the sound of music 45th anniversary ltd edition 2 blu ray plus 1 dvd box set
Movie
the story is amazing , based on real story but little modified.
one of greatest classics and now one of my fav movies , re watchable factor , kids and adult both will like.fabulous acting by julie andrews , christopher plummer and kids (now adults :p).hindi movie parichay of jitendra and jaya bacchan is copy of this movie and even songs are ,do re mi song iscopied into sare ke sare gamma ko lekar by rd burman , i think he started the coping of songs in hindi movie.i had watched parichay before , but this movie is way better and end is quite good and emotional
BD PQ & AQ
pq is near to perfect , but is great when u think its 45 year old film. the bonus disc has info how they restored and what it takes to restore sound and video.
u can see very good details of grass in opening shot of movie , the scenery looks magnificent

aq 7.1 dts hd does justice to the movie .its crisp and clear.music is very soothing
my fav songs are edelweiss which is emotional, plus goatherd and my fav things song.

must buy and re watchable .
if you only watch action and suspense or criminal movies , u wont like this.
but ur family or kids woulds love it.

got it from ezone retails outlets movies and more section of excel group of india , they have 50 % on limited edition plus u get to choose free movie dvd , got the unstoppable dvd all for 1499 rs

they even have alien anthology big egg statue set worth 8999 for 4999 . anyone from mumbai wants i can give address of shop

You should buy from amazon and will get them at half the price.

saw this thread just now. nice one !

since most of the members here are from bangalore/hyderabad, i presume some of you might also be passionate towards cycling and bikes. hence, i would recommend all those to watch this movie on blu-ray :

Home | Lifecycles

many of you might've watched it. even if you're not a biking enthusiast, or if JUST 'LIKE' cycling, or even if never ever hit a pedal in your life, this movie is still highly recommended ! its kind-of one of those movies that have a tone of subtlety and spiritual touch under the layer of their beauty and extravaganza. its almost a phenomenal experience to watch the blu-ray in its full A/V splendour & bloom :clapping:

You should buy from amazon and will get them at half the price.

Are you talking about sound of music ? coz i monitored both amazon usa and uk , by price tracking chart price of usa never gone down below 28 $ that too on black friday and uk too . plus shipping extra for usa and takes time to reach , can also attract customs .

my post charges for parcel worth 25 pound or more , below they let go of customs , i got over 7 to 10 parcels. from uk.

alien egg set ur talking ? then its whooping 200 pounds plus shipping and customs will be guarantee .coz its hug box , saw it personally.

those who want cheap cheap ltd sets can buy that in india from ezone , i think that is last copy , saw yesterday again .even sound of music i got was last copy they had , it costed 31$ or 1499 .

The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) [1965]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV Price: 7.99
However, it is one without the books, picture cards, etc. But does contain 2 BDs and 1 DVD. If one is OK with that, this is a steal.

As far as the "Alien Anthology Limited Edition Collector's Set With Exclusive Illuminated Egg Statue" is concerned, you are right on the price. But I feel that the "egg" will be a useless piece of showpiece once the novelty is worn off. Of course, one can debate about that and it is like "to each, his own".

The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) [1965]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV Price: 7.99
However, it is one without the books, picture cards, etc. But does contain 2 BDs and 1 DVD. If one is OK with that, this is a steal.

As far as the "Alien Anthology Limited Edition Collector's Set With Exclusive Illuminated Egg Statue" is concerned, you are right on the price. But I feel that the "egg" will be a useless piece of showpiece once the novelty is worn off. Of course, one can debate about that and it is like "to each, his own".
ya you are right , i am not much into collectors stuff . just picked sound of music as blind buy when i went to e zone saw normal 2 disc one for 1299 and this for 1499.plus got DVD worth 499 free. couldn't control myself .

i have alien anthology from UK , plus not much into collectors craze . i don't like to spend thousands on collectors 1200 to 1500 is enough for me

Guys...I'm a newbie on this forum. I'm a movie buff and I must say I found this thread the most interesting so far. It was pretty amazing to spend my time throughout the 30 pages of this thread and reading each post with eagerness.
Thanks everybody :)

Just Finished watching The Untouchables in Blu ray.....Have seen the dvd and vcd version so many times....I believe it is up there with one of best realistic mob movies.....My fav scene, the shoot out in the Railway Station.....Wow.....The back ground music was really nice......PQ is pretty amazing for this BD.....

Back