Lets talk about blurays--movies/ scenes/audio/pq /repeat values

The Italian Job Blu-ray
watched on rental ,rewatch after abt 7-8 yrs having really enjoyed it at that time on DVD

But this time on blu-ray its a big let down , this is one of the first hollywood Movie that i have come acroos that has a pathetic transfer. relieved that it was rented!! Abt PQ i wud say the dvd @ that time had a better transfer ,SQ of the offered Dolby digital is absolutely poor
here its released by Big home video , Avoid this BD

guess havent been lucky with the recent blurays i watched , still consider lucky enough to have only rented this BD :)

heres another one to miss,

Daybreakers Blu-ray

The BD is definetly good in all aspects ,its the movie thats a real let down making it overall crappy ,wondering what Ethan hawke. sam niel. william dafoe doing in this movie

Shutter Island Blu-ray
This one is definetly not to be missed ,its worth buying and adding on to collection
PQ is great ,has a great depth to it
SQ (DTS-HD MA) is fabulous
And the movie is a terrific thriller with lots of style and the way the story is told is remarkable making this a worthwhile buy , may not appeal to all as its too intense and very serious stuff .The climax is bound to hit you

Last edited:
I have watched the film but not on blu ray. I suggest people watch the film first and then think of buying the blu-ray as every one may not like it. I for one loved the film. Here's my review of the film. The sound effects of the film are amazing and I can only imagine how good it will be on blu-ray. I would have bought it had I not spent 100 dollars last week buying a few movies. There are too many good blu-rays in the international market available and too little money!

Harry Potter Series (1-6 years)

I am not a fan of the series esp. as I feel they have generally done a crap job from book to movie (as in most cases). However, my wife just loves it and I had to buy it when the series was available for 2100 Rs.

The video transfer is really, really good and I was shocked to see how clean the image looked. But this is one movie set that seems to look much better in BS than the theaters. Since the movie has a lot of greys and blacks esp. the later years, it still looks very nice and can be a good reference material.

I just finished seeing a Tamil movie called Ayan on Blu-Ray. A regular masala movie starring Surya. Though the video was average, I was really impressed with the sound. It had full 7.1 Dolby HD audio. The dialogues were crystal clear, and the songs were also recorded extremely well. You could even make out they used the wrong sound for fights, as every time Surya hit the villian, there was metallic sound. Sound editors have to start being careful from now on.

Cheers

Mission Impossible Blu-ray
Mostly critics write it off as the weakest of the series..Personally I feel its best in the series with action and excitement balanced, 2 is full of action and 3 got lots of sentiment for a spy movie.Nevertheless I liked all parts of MI series.
Bluray transfer is not good for this movie. Better stay out of buying it until we get a better transfer. Audio is DD 5.1 and it sounds very normal couldn't really feel that we are watching a bluray no better than a DVD. Picture quality is also not so great will feel bit sharper than DVD.

Hot Fuzz Blu-ray: Ultimate Edition
It gives a true pleasure watching this movie in bluray. PQ is excellent and audio is revelation. It really gives an exercise to all the channels.A good demo material to show off the setup. If you are fan of this movie..its a must have bluray.

Let The Right One In Blu-ray
Yes this is a vampire movie, if that discourages you from watching.Think again.Completely different take on vampire concept.
Movie itself is stupendous.Blu ray of this movie is equally excellent for both Picture and audio.

Hot Fuzz Blu-ray: Ultimate Edition
It gives a true pleasure watching this movie in bluray. PQ is excellent and audio is revelation. It really gives an exercise to all the channels.A good demo material to show off the setup. If you are fan of this movie..its a must have bluray.

I heard that the other SimonPegg hit "Shaun of the Dead" also has equally impressive sound. I have not personally seen it but looking at deep rumbling bass and clear sound of Hot Fuzz, I think that will be an equally impressive buy.

Has anyone picked up the Avatar (Extended Collector's Edition) yet, it was supposed to releasew here in India yesterday, found a preorder online here though! but it says November end!

SALT

Amazing Bluray,its released here by Sony @1290/-
PQ and SQ @ its best
ANJELINA JOLIE is rocking

Salt Blu-ray

The escape scene of salt on the fly over is fabulous

Last edited:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Avatar-Blu-ray/18112/Avatar SteelBook Extended Edition
Picked the Steel book Extended edition of Avatar last week.
Its Region B & C. There isn't Hindi, Telugu, Tamil versions of Audio in this disc unlike earlier version. If one need them then must hold to the bare bones edition.
It seems like Steel Book EE directly imported might be from Korea, even box doesn't have Excel Logo only a sticker attached to it.

Regarding the Quality it is as good as the original Bare bones edition.
If you already liked the Avatar, well this one sure be highly recommended with loads of special features and extra footage. For the haters of avatar, I am afraid there isn't much here to change your opinion.

Last edited:
SALT

Amazing Bluray,its released here by Sony @1290/-
PQ and SQ @ its best
ANJELINA JOLIE is rocking

Salt Blu-ray

The escape scene of salt on the fly over is fabulous

Its dated for 13th Dec. Is it already available in India? I won't be surprised even if it is...The A-Team is released here around a month back where US and UK are still in Pre-Orders stage.

Its dated for 13th Dec. Is it already available in India? I won't be surprised even if it is...The A-Team is released here around a month back where US and UK are still in Pre-Orders stage.

SALT
its already released by sony here in india ,awesome quality of the BD jst watched over the weekend,will be buying it

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Avatar-Blu-ray/18112/Avatar SteelBook Extended Edition
Picked the Steel book Extended edition of Avatar last week.
Its Region B & C. There isn't Hindi, Telugu, Tamil versions of Audio in this disc unlike earlier version. If one need them then must hold to the bare bones edition.
It seems like Steel Book EE directly imported might be from Korea, even box doesn't have Excel Logo only a sticker attached to it.

Regarding the Quality it is as good as the original Bare bones edition.
If you already liked the Avatar, well this one sure be highly recommended with loads of special features and extra footage. For the haters of avatar, I am afraid there isn't much here to change your opinion.

where did u pick this up from?
i jst ordered it from Amazon.com

where did u pick this up from?
i jst ordered it from Amazon.com

I got it from Supreme Music, Hyderabad. They are Distributors and retailers, these guys always get ahead of Landmark and Planet M. Steel Book Edition With discount of 10% it Costed me 1800/- Normal one is 1499/- (With Disc. 1350/-)
By the way I saw Alien Anthology ( Same as US edition ) from Excel here for 4999/- .

Salt Blu Ray
This BD is excellent particularly in Audio.
It got ] 3 versions of the movie. Theatrical Version, Director's Cut and Extended Cut. Out of these, Director's cut is recommended if watching first time.This cut got more violence and bullet impact, more details of the Salt character with out marring pace and importantly an Interesting Twist in the final scene before end credits.
Extended cut should have named as Alternative cut this is shorter than other two as one of the a pivotal shootout, one of the best in the movie, is actually stripped out and placed a totally different and unappealing ending.This is the weakest cut.If they have released this version in theaters, could have been a biggest disaster.
If one likes the Bourne and Bond movies this a must. being a sucker to this genre watched all the 3 versions...Its not a master piece but the the treacherous plot and twists and turns keeps the viewer engaged all the time.

Region: ABC
It got Hindi, Telugu Tamil 5.1 DD tracks along with English DTS HD.
Interviews with former CIA agents in Extras is interesting.

Salt Blu Ray
This BD is excellent particularly in Audio.
It got ] 3 versions of the movie. Theatrical Version, Director's Cut and Extended Cut. Out of these, Director's cut is recommended if watching first time.This cut got more violence and bullet impact, more details of the Salt character with out marring pace and importantly an Interesting Twist in the final scene before end credits.
Extended cut should have named as Alternative cut this is shorter than other two as one of the a pivotal shootout, one of the best in the movie, is actually stripped out and placed a totally different and unappealing ending.This is the weakest cut.If they have released this version in theaters, could have been a biggest disaster.
If one likes the Bourne and Bond movies this a must. being a sucker to this genre watched all the 3 versions...Its not a master piece but the the treacherous plot and twists and turns keeps the viewer engaged all the time.

Region: ABC
It got Hindi, Telugu Tamil 5.1 DD tracks along with English DTS HD.
Interviews with former CIA agents in Extras is interesting.

thanks for this info

dint know there would be so much differences with the versions , i only watched the extended version, and loved it
The sound was jst great and movie edge of the seat thriller and very fast paced n great action
after having rented this ,will definetly buy this BD and watch the rest of the versions ,this BD is definetly worth adding on to the collection

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back