Lets talk about blurays--movies/ scenes/audio/pq /repeat values

Lets assume that we use THE best technology available to remaster these old movies to BD, will it still match the present day BD's in terms of PQ. For instance, take the BD versions of Rambo:First Blood and Rambo IV, there is a considerable amount of difference in PQ.

Also read through the links in http://www.hifivision.com/movies/7400-avatar-avatar-avatar.html. With digital imaging and special tricks used, each frame in Cameron's Avatar takes 50 hours !! You can imaging the painstaking effort involved.

Cheers

DTS-HD Master Audio (DTS-HD MA), and DTS-HD High Resolution are both various versions of DTS-HD. The Master Audio supports unlimited channels and word lengths of upto 24-bits and a sampling frequency of 192KHz. This is in multi channel. In two channel, Master Audio supports sound encoded at 24/96. The Master Audio can support data transfer at variable bit rate upto 24.5 Mbits/second.

Where disc size is an issue, DTS uses a slightly downgraded version of the same audio encoded at a maximum of 6 MBits/second. The sampling frequency is also stepped down to 96KHz.

The specifications of both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD are identical excepting for the transfer rates. DTS supports 24.5 MBits/Second while Dolby supports 18 Mbits/second. This could be the reason why you find DTS 'better' though supporters of Dolby will argue with you.

Cheers
i cud only say that the DTS HD MA sounds better after experiencing a couple of discs and also comparing to DD TRUE HD
the difference i found was that with DTS HD MA the sound was more detailed /crisper ,very hard hitting absolutely tight bass , dialogues amazingly clear , u got to experience the DTS HD MA in termination Salvation , u wud know the difference instantly

DD true HD is also amazing , but only in comparision

after listening to HD audio formats the normal DTS and DD sounds dull

I am just waiting for AGNEEPATH.....Vijay Deena Nath Chauhan.....the Husky legendary Amitabh Bachchan's Voice.

Also for Amitabh's Song - Jidhar Dekhoon Teri Tasveer Nazar Aati Hai (in Amitabh's Voice)

this is one of my favourites too , wish they release this one too with a good transfer .hope the audio wud be remasterd and good , lets wait and see

Hi Friend,

To enjoy BD's you surely need a FHD TV. HD ready is not going to help.

cheers.
Bad news for me if it's true. I don't think I'll be able to change my TV in next 2 years for sure :-( I hope the prices will come down for the Full HD plasmas or LED TV's.

i think the videp transfer of transformer 1 isnt that good , i too noticed this with the BD, the PQ isnt that great , but the Audio on DD true HD sure is , it cud shake up the whole house
Oh, but I had read reviews on Blu-ray.com and they've given a very high rating for the video for Transformers. Yes, the audio is good even on my crappy Sony system (upgrading soon, help me on my thread on AVR section). Anyway, I've got King Kong too and now I'm check this too. Tomorrow I'll be getting Transformers DVD to check the difference.

Bad news for me if it's true. I don't think I'll be able to change my TV in next 2 years for sure :-( I hope the prices will come down for the Full HD plasmas or LED TV's.

Oh, but I had read reviews on Blu-ray.com and they've given a very high rating for the video for Transformers. Yes, the audio is good even on my crappy Sony system (upgrading soon, help me on my thread on AVR section). Anyway, I've got King Kong too and now I'm check this too. Tomorrow I'll be getting Transformers DVD to check the difference.

Hi,

The prices will surely come down, but now you can get a descent 32" FHD TV for 35K.

And about the transformers, I've a 1080p ripped version, and it's PQ is good.

cheers.

the PQ of transformers1 BD is definetly good but not as good when compared to other BDs , may be it was intentionaly shot that way

I have downloaded Blueray rip of Transformers and revenge of the fallen(17.5gb) , its PQ and SQ is just awesome.Especailly when Optimus Prime speaks ,and Fight scene during which Optimus dies in the forest are just mind blowing.I have watched those scenes for more than 50 times.but stil feel lik watching it again and again.you can use dat movie as the standard reference to check PQ and SQ ,even Dark knight(Blueray rip and size is 14gb) is a wonderful movie to watch out on Bluerays.

Subhash, where can we put a request for the same?
You know which company has the rights for these movies?

this is one of my favourites too , wish they release this one too with a good transfer .hope the audio wud be remasterd and good , lets wait and see

Subhash, where can we put a request for the same?
You know which company has the rights for these movies?

no idea

u cud chk out one of the links for bolywood Blurays posted by srini / aneel/ teky earlier in this thread, that shud help

Last edited:
Revenge of the fallen , has just hit the stores , try Calypso
dont miss out on --terminator salvation / startrek -journey begins , both have amazing transfer

spoke to the guys @ calypso , jayanagar --Revenge of the fallen and GI joe blurays to come in tomorrow

Hi,

The prices will surely come down, but now you can get a descent 32" FHD TV for 35K.

cheers.

No way I'll go back to 32" inch. It's too small for my room (viewing distance 14ft). And I really doubt that I'll see any difference.
And about the transformers, I've a 1080p ripped version, and it's PQ is good.
the PQ of transformers1 BD is definetly good but not as good when compared to other BDs , may be it was intentionaly shot that way
Transformers is looking good, I didn't denied that but not as amazing I was expecting it to be. Will be getting the DVD today to see the difference. BTW, this movie was shot with those grainy look.

I have downloaded Blueray rip of Transformers and revenge of the fallen(17.5gb) , its PQ and SQ is just awesome.Especailly when Optimus Prime speaks ,and Fight scene during which Optimus dies in the forest are just mind blowing.I have watched those scenes for more than 50 times.but stil feel lik watching it again and again.you can use dat movie as the standard reference to check PQ and SQ ,even Dark knight(Blueray rip and size is 14gb) is a wonderful movie to watch out on Bluerays.
Thanks dude. Planning to get the joker and bat next for sure.
spoke to the guys @ calypso , jayanagar --Revenge of the fallen and GI joe blurays to come in tomorrow
Me too bought the discs from there only. Landmark also have a good collection. BTW, Calypso have Star Trek also available. And they've all these "I want to play this game for sure" games, i.e Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, ninja gaiden etc.

got this number 9902478329 , no clue abt his name , this guy is a distributor for blurays and supplies most of the outlets , u cud contact him and claim a discount of 10:/:

i have ordered the revenge of the fallen , lets see, he said he wud deliver it tommorow for 1299 less 10:/: that wud be 1199/-

Last edited:
GODZILLA --pickd this f0r 999/- from calypso
confirming the Audio is DTS HD MA, i had a doubt earlier
great sfx, it not only shakes the room but is capable of shaking the whole house

but i found the low frequencies not as tight as that in terminator salvation
but still amazing

peace of advice --for guys like manu and me :lol: this disc has so much low frequency effects that it cud easily damage your sub:lol: it cud also tear your ear drums:yahoo: so watch out!!!:yahoo:

the creature atacking the city, and the army chasing the Godzilla is definetly worth watching multiple times in bluray

Last edited:
Just finished King Kong, and I must say that few(actually quite a few) of the scenes had my jaw dropping. I'm slowly turning to be a Blu-Ray fan. Gosh, my bank account gonna suffer a lot, it's already badly abused anyway:D I think I would need a bigger TV too. When will 60 inch TV prices will hit rock bottom!!

For me the addiction is there for last 15 years when VHS era is there... i entered seriously into Video songs/ Movies VCD collection...I can remeber when movie minnale was released my friend got his first released VCD songs from singapore and daily morning i want to watch it while taking cofee and proceed with some other job later.. Addicted to that..

Next era no question.. DVD era... Addicted to Hollywood movies like anything... When T2 first I bought it from USA and run like anything to play it, since that time i dont know it is region coded...Not aware of such things.... Been mad for sometime till i could hack my DVD player... For this I got my AIWA DVD from singapore 10 years back.. Been crazy to Matrix 2 freeway chase scene... Could have watch end number of times before Hifi Setup and after that:lol:. Still one of my favourite and perfectly taken scenes where we could not find out mistakes( Not like T2- where we can point out end number of mistakes in line). T2 is my next favourite.. Still love it and more number of times watched FULLY goes to that film...Not scenes alone:lol:

FINALLY!! a member who I see can match up the passion and the fanatic level for Hollywood movies which I have. Even I am a total addict for Hollywood movies, and not only I re watch selected scenes, I re watch complete movies, which are pure gem AFA the screenplay , execution performance are concerned. Movies like Shawshank Redemption are like timeless classics for me, seen it 7,8 times. Scent of a woman, every scene is remarkable, complete execution is marvelous. Not to forget Rainman, Inside I'm Dancing the list goes on. Then comes my other aspect of the same Hollywood, pure ruthless action, Hail to my fav John Woo, The camera angles along with infinity frames per second slomo and then suddenly brining the action to normal.......just thinking and jotting here has spend shivers down my spine. The opening sequence of Hard Boiled and the final bullet Ballet of The Killer....even after more than 20 re watch I can still watch the movie. The allay gun sequence of Bullet in the head. oh man marvelous...the list goes on. The action sequences of Lethal Weapon 1,2, Die Hard 1, Predator 1, Robocop 1...etc etc leaves me speechless. Those were the days when CGI had not induced its dominating influence and action was far more believable. For todays standards yea MATRIX TRILOGY still hold the Crown for the mother of all Hollywood action/sci fi movies. People rave about the freeway chase scene and specially look down the third installment, where infact for me the last battle between the humans APUs and those sentinels was SIMPLY BREATHTAKING. I can go on and on and on discussing the movies and scenes for ever. Anyway good to see a member having equal interest in Hollywood.

regards
Sammy

FINALLY!! a member who I see can match up the passion and the fanatic level for Hollywood movies which I have. Even I am a total addict for Hollywood movies, and not only I re watch selected scenes, I re watch complete movies, which are pure gem AFA the screenplay , execution performance are concerned. Movies like Shawshank Redemption are like timeless classics for me, seen it 7,8 times. Scent of a woman, every scene is remarkable, complete execution is marvelous. Not to forget Rainman, Inside I'm Dancing the list goes on. Then comes my other aspect of the same Hollywood, pure ruthless action, Hail to my fav John Woo, The camera angles along with infinity frames per second slomo and then suddenly brining the action to normal.......just thinking and jotting here has spend shivers down my spine. The opening sequence of Hard Boiled and the final bullet Ballet of The Killer....even after more than 20 re watch I can still watch the movie. The allay gun sequence of Bullet in the head. oh man marvelous...the list goes on. The action sequences of Lethal Weapon 1,2, Die Hard 1, Predator 1, Robocop 1...etc etc leaves me speechless. Those were the days when CGI had not induced its dominating influence and action was far more believable. For todays standards yea MATRIX TRILOGY still hold the Crown for the mother of all Hollywood action/sci fi movies. People rave about the freeway chase scene and specially look down the third installment, where infact for me the last battle between the humans APUs and those sentinels was SIMPLY BREATHTAKING. I can go on and on and on discussing the movies and scenes for ever. Anyway good to see a member having equal interest in Hollywood.

regards
Sammy

Dont forget me !!:yahoo:

Just finished King Kong, and I must say that few(actually quite a few) of the scenes had my jaw dropping. I'm slowly turning to be a Blu-Ray fan. Gosh, my bank account gonna suffer a lot, it's already badly abused anyway:D I think I would need a bigger TV too. When will 60 inch TV prices will hit rock bottom!!

never have i bought movies like this , earlier it was music cds , never really bought too many dvds though ,thot movies dint have repeat value , but with BLURAYS its totaly different, the more number of times the more u like it

My bank balance too has been hit, thanks to the movies in BLU:yahoo:

Last edited:
Hi guys,

In recent releases, Inglourious Basterds is one movie which amazed me with its overall content. I enjoyed watching in theaters and eagerly waiting for BD release.
Every chapter and every dialogue has repeat value.Blu ray of this movie is going to be released today in USA. Any Idea about its release in India. This movie got huge applause for its BD transfer.
Blu-ray Review: Inglourious Basterds | High-Def Digest

Regards
Satya.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back