LG 50PK550R VS Panasonic P46U20D

spyral

I have read through the post on the 50" LG but have not found much info on the Panasonic U series plasmas.

I cant stretch my budget to get the 50" V20 and there is no 46" V20 so my options pretty much boil down to these two.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Also, im not sure what the Moving Picture Res on the LG is, any info there would be nice. Its 900 lines on the Panasonic. Also would it make a huge difference if its not 1080 lines like the V20?

The TV will be used primarily to stream videos from my PC via PS3, little bit of gaming, and lastly watching sports and a some regular TV. I will be getting a Tata Sky HD connection when I get the TV

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
What price you getting for the V20? I am taking delivery of mine this week.

PS: I am DEAD sure nothing beats the V20, even at this price!

+1 for V20 if you can afford it.
But I dont think it has a good VFM.

When PK550 is selling for 57K, you can buy 2 LGs(or a 60" PK550) for the price of 1 V20 though :p
So even if I had deep pockets, I would have gone for a 60"PK550 ;)

If 50" is not a mandate( as you are considering 46"), check out the 42" V20. It sells in the range ~65K if I am not wrong.

V20 50" was quoted at around 1.1L taxes included if im not mistaken. I didnt take serious note when the price mentioned was above 1L.

50" PK550 at round 63 or 64 w/ taxes etc
46" U20 at round 70k

Agreed with dotMac that if I was going to spend in excess of 1L I would very seriously consider the 60" PK550. I think the size itself would allow me to look past the quality shortcomings...but yea I would spend alot of time second guessing myself =P.

Ive taken note of 42" prices and at that size I can get a V20 but I do have a fairly large room and viewing distance would be between 8 to 10 feet so I wanted to go for something bigger.

On a side note, are DLP's available at all in India? I see so many deals on 60 and 70+" Mitsubishi's available in the States. Wish those were available here because I could really care less about how thin my TV is.

Last edited:
50" PK550 at round 63 or 64 w/ taxes etc

I bought this several weeks back for 62K from B'lore. So you would get a better price.

@mehuldil in Pune was quoted 57.4K. ~6 K less than what you mentioned.

So do look for other places and bargain in case you decide to go with PK550.

This post wont help you in deciding one of the two TV you mentioned. But thought of letting you know. :)

Thanks for the info man, really appreciate it.

Anyone know a seller in Mumbai that I can talk to for the PK550?

There is a review on LG PK950 today in the economic times. The size is 60" and the price is 1.60 lacs.

Guess this is the highly recommended model in UK and other websites.

Im pretty sure the guy I spoke to mentioned that the 60" PK550 is available.

He also mentioned the PK950 and he said it maybe THX certified etc etc..also available and I think the price was 1.4

If your still interested I can check again and confirm tomorrow.

Im pretty sure the guy I spoke to mentioned that the 60" PK550 is available.

He also mentioned the PK950 and he said it maybe THX certified etc etc..also available and I think the price was 1.4

If your still interested I can check again and confirm tomorrow.

Kindly share the name & contact details of the person you spoke to...

Unfortunately, I cant post contact details on the forum because I was asked not to.

However, I have confirmed prices for PK550 60" at 1.11L and PK950 60" at 1.38L.

If anyone is interested please let me know and Ill follow it up.

BTW, I've finalized a PK550 50" and looked into getting a better price given some of the quotes others have recieved. If I were to take delivery outside of Mumbai, I could have possibly gotten a price closer to 55 or 57k but there are complications if I were to chose that path of purchase which I chose not to deal with. Ill confirm the final price once I know it for sure. AFAIK its going to be a little more than 60k, delivery on Tuesday

Thanks again for all the help and feedback.

Hi Sukumar,

You can try these guys and give my reference (Vivek Nath LG PK550 group buy) (if it helps :))

Pai Showroom Indiranagar -

Prashant - number is 99002 47195

The manager is Paras Jain - 98807 15681

After the PK550, I had picked the LG LD650 from these guys for my office and surely got a decent deal.

So best of luck !!

LG PK950 is Quoted as 1.39 Lac by LG Showroom and Baja Electronics Hyderabad. TMC, Begumpet is quoting it for 1.22 Lac on their annual sale offer which ends tomorrow.

I bought this several weeks back for 62K from B'lore. So you would get a better price.

@mehuldil in Pune was quoted 57.4K. ~6 K less than what you mentioned.

I am suggesting bro this 550
Now 57.4 without exchange? or with exchange?
Yesterday Kohinoor vashi quoted 58.5 K ( No nego. first cut price) for 550 against exchange of 4 year old Philips 29 Inch flat CRT..

Is this too high?

Back