LG C1 display piece delivered.. Help..

josedandrew

Hello all,
My brother in law booked 55" LG C1 on my advise and took delivery last Saturday.
I went there next day to check the TV and to my horror the TV had already clocked 504 hours.
Now the dealer blames it on company (LG), but offered to replace once the stock arrives, says LG promised to deliver new TV in 4-5 days.
Now, should we wait for the shop to fulfill their promise, or go ahead and raise a formal complaint with LG.
What are my options if dealer fails to deliver new TV.
Can we file a case in consumer court for delivering a used TV.
My brother in law paid for the TV using his credit card (full upfront), can he raise a dispute with card issuer bank.
Any advise will be much appreciated..

Hello all,
My brother in law booked 55" LG C1 on my advise and took delivery last Saturday.
I went there next day to check the TV and to my horror the TV had already clocked 504 hours.
Now the dealer blames it on company (LG), but offered to replace once the stock arrives, says LG promised to deliver new TV in 4-5 days.
Now, should we wait for the shop to fulfill their promise, or go ahead and raise a formal complaint with LG.
My brother in law paid for the TV using his credit card (full upfront), can he raise a dispute with card issuer bank.
When I got my c9 it was a demo unit. I informed the store manager and he replaced it in the 3rd day. Hope the store manager is informed.

Hello all,
Since your dealer has given you a commitment of 5 days then better to give him a chance to make it right to your brother-in-law. If he does not keep his word then complain to LG.
In the meanwhile enjoy the one he has sent & learn the features on it.

Hello all,
how do you check the clocked hrs on a C1?

Hello all,
Complain to lg that they, lg , have sent you a used unit , as the dealer is asserting.
Let them decide who is at fault .
You knew how to check but many ppl won't and the dealer will get away with his cheating.
This has to be stamped out.

It just needs to be an official complaint rest will auto follow. Send them a mail and save the mail. Nothing to worry much, LG has one of the best customer service and they should replace the TV without any issue. From your end u just ensure its not just a vocal conversation. Keep a proof in writing irrespective someone responds to the mail or not. There will be a customer care email ID somewhere on website so just write to them that this happened and I await resolution asap.

Tip: Use phone voice recorder app whenever u speak to these people on phone for such issues. Always helpful if things go bad.

1) Ask your dealer for a complaint number. If he dodges, you complain yourself and raise a ticket number.
2) Try to be nice with the dealers at first but if they are not sounding genuine, then look at LG level resolution and if not, finally go to consumer court. Record calls and send emails and text messages for a time stamping on sequence of events.

1) Ask your dealer for a complaint number. If he dodges, you complain yourself and raise a ticket number.
2) Try to be nice with the dealers at first but if they are not sounding genuine, then look at LG level resolution and if not, finally go to consumer court. Record calls and send emails and text messages for a time stamping on sequence of events.
he won't need consumer court as the dealers try to palm off used units at full price and don't resist when caught. They replace without fuss.
But it's a fraud that effects the life of the tv in the consumers hands. Also if it's a exhibit unit , the chances of burn in oleds is higher , since exhibit mode has much higher brightness.

he won't need consumer court as the dealers try to palm off used units at full price and don't resist when caught. They replace without fuss.
But it's a fraud that effects the life of the tv in the consumers hands. Also if it's a exhibit unit , the chances of burn in oleds is higher , since exhibit mode has much higher brightness.
Yes, they try that and get away with it 90/100 times. But those who find out will obviously ask for a new piece and their logistics costs adds up. But good trick indeed by these vultures.

Yes, they try that and get away with it 90/100 times. But those who find out will obviously ask for a new piece and their logistics costs adds up. But good trick indeed by these vultures.
curious.so can we check all tvs for their run times such as in lg samsung and sony led/lcds ??I never thought offline dealers will play such dirty tricks.anyways they are selling for a huge margin and even then doing this is so very bad.

curious.so can we check all tvs for their run times such as in lg samsung and sony led/lcds ??I never thought offline dealers will play such dirty tricks.anyways they are selling for a huge margin and even then doing this is so very bad.
During fag end of a product's inventory, they would do it sometimes. Some are honest and would rather clear them giving discounted price (usually 60% of regular retail price). These dealers are not regulated or supervised or rated by a peer review organization and that's why they take chances over things that can tarnish their reputation.

Happy to report that a new TV was installed yesterday.
Manufactured on 29 Sep. 21 and they supplied it in sealed condition.
The usage hours reads 0..
Thank you all for the support..
Good to know .My installation is delayed as i opted for stand. Typically how long do they take to install? Looks like local LG service doesn't maintain inventory of stands & such parts

There are 2 models PTZ & XTZ in the market ..Which model have you got ?

Good to know .My installation is delayed as i opted for stand. Typically how long do they take to install? Looks like local LG service doesn't maintain inventory of stands & such parts

There are 2 models PTZ & XTZ in the market ..Which model have you got ?
Delivered and installed the same day.
The model is PTZ with dark grey finish.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back