LG C1 - Mi box ..Bad PQ

vkk

Got my C1 installed recently (after a small delay installation ) . Videos on native apps look wonderful .But i still fallback to my Mi box 4k via HDMI for some content and chromecast .However pictures via the Mi box look bad .. Highlights are blown and some colors look over saturated . I've tried changing the color space setting on the Mi box but to no luck . Looking for any ideas or suggestions to fix this ?

I'd not touch anything on the Mi box.
Any picture parameter changes should be done on the TV.
Also, use a different HDMI input for the Mi Box versus the one used by default for native or inbuilt streaming Apps.
This way you will have independent parameters for your Mi box and not mess with Apps playing directly off the TV.
Considering the TV can do pretty much everything video, I am wondering why you need to run a Mi box at all.

I'd not touch anything on the Mi box.
Any picture parameter changes should be done on the TV.
Also, use a different HDMI input for the Mi Box versus the one used by default for native or inbuilt streaming Apps.
This way you will have independent parameters for your Mi box and not mess with Apps playing directly off the TV.
Considering the TV can do pretty much everything video, I am wondering why you need to run a Mi box at all.

I use Mi box for chromecast and few apps not available or running with restrictions on Webos . What settings did you tweak on your Mi box to get proper PQ ? I've tried 2 different ports on the side and with 2 different HDMI 2.0 cables..with same results . Bad skin tones ,blown highlights & oversaturation ..I can maybe tweak the saturation but everything else still looks bad

Mi box supports 4k HDR and oddly HDR seems to be on all the time rather than for specific content ..

Looks like there was a hidden SDR to HDR setting in Mibox which was turned on . After turning off pictures looks normal now ( even though inaccurate ) ...What a way to explore all the settings :D

What settings did you tweak on your Mi box to get proper PQ ?
I do not own a Mi box.
My point is, for any picture settings such as color tone, saturation , Gamma, Contrast, Sharpness, etc, you correct that on the TV. Not the external player.
Anyway, looks like you've sorted it now.

Looks like there was a hidden SDR to HDR setting in Mibox which was turned on . After turning off pictures looks normal now ( even though inaccurate ) ...What a way to explore all the settings :D
Utter the words "jaane do ... tum nahi samjhoge" have a magical effect! The tubelight gets on and we find the missing link :cool:

Thank @sandeepmohan generously ...

Utter the words "jaane do ... tum nahi samjhoge" have a magical effect! The tubelight gets on and we find the missing link :cool:

Thank @sandeepmohan generously ..
Wild goose chase I'd call it :D . Don't know how that option was turned on as my previous LG never had 4k let alone HDR .. Cheers everyone for pitching in

I just hope they don't come out with qd OLED anytime soon and give me guilt :p

Hope ur C1 is an OLED?
I found on my OLED that PQ for all the inbuilt tv apps was much better than even firetv stick.Audio of firetv was definitely better than tv apps.

Got my C1 installed recently (after a small delay installation ) . Videos on native apps look wonderful .But i still fallback to my Mi box 4k via HDMI for some content and chromecast .However pictures via the Mi box look bad .. Highlights are blown and some colors look over saturated . I've tried changing the color space setting on the Mi box but to no luck . Looking for any ideas or suggestions to fix this ?

Hi,

Did you manage to set up the universal remote to work with your mi box?
Couldn't figure it out.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back