LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Can you suggest which one is better soundbar q600a vs a670
and one more thing i have bookshelf speaker and by comparing the sound against soundbar i am not impressed is my ears working right or there is no point in purchasing soundbar
depends on your requirement.
I bought because i wanted better dialogue clarity and was using a google smart speaker placed next to me, for the last 1 year.
This speaker is a improvement but not a spectacular improvement. If you want extra bass , which i didn't, since its for a bedroom, this is adequate. Not earth shattering.
I would suggest you go to a proper audio shop and test the different soundbars in their acoustic room. Maybe something will appeal to you. Ofcourse your room might have totally different acoustic characteristics and the result could vary.
People on this forum spend lakhs for a better sound, on their equipment and the room treatment. No end to it.
Bottomline, dont expect anything spectacular from a 20k soundbar.

depends on your requirement.
I bought because i wanted better dialogue clarity and was using a google smart speaker placed next to me, for the last 1 year.
This speaker is a improvement but not a spectacular improvement. If you want extra bass , which i didn't, since its for a bedroom, this is adequate. Not earth shattering.
I would suggest you go to a proper audio shop and test the different soundbars in their acoustic room. Maybe something will appeal to you. Ofcourse your room might have totally different acoustic characteristics and the result could vary.
People on this forum spend lakhs for a better sound, on their equipment and the room treatment. No end to it.
Bottomline, dont expect anything spectacular from a 20k soundbar.
after using the soundbar for a couple of days , i can say that its a pretty good soundbar.
You can set the bass of both the soundbar and the accompanying subwoofer through the remote.
I normally set both at minimum, in the negative actually, as i want the clearest dialogues.
But with the bass at even plus 2 or 3 , the sound is significantly impressive.
At 20k , i think its a pretty good buy.

I got my LG CX 65" for 1.92 L from Chennai, Croma. But mine is a different deal where I paid it all up full cash from a MF SIP corpus I accumulated. (Cheque drawn to Croma after redemption of mutual fund units to the extent of TV cost). I was initially quoted 2.27 lakhs. Infact 1.92 was supposed to be for BX when I got a consensus from this message board that CX was better. I had given a 10k token advance for the BX. I just asked the salesman could he offer it for CX if I pay in full the 1.82 more and to my wonder his manager cleared/approved it. Ofcourse my receding hairline and a few grey beard hairs and a previous TV purchase with them may also have factored in apart from ready cash.
Before that I was pushing for a year more so I could accumulate enough corpus for a 77" LG CX but some wise forum members said it is not worth it for my viewing distance of mere 7-8 feet.
Bajaj finserve and HDFC loans on the same day had the quote as 2.27 lakhs with zero% interest emi. Straight cash got the nod from them. So each person has a different experience I guess.
I got my Lg c2 65 this week. Moved from 42 1080p to 65inch 4k, 8 to 9 feet is my viewing distance it seems tv is huge. whats ur exact viewing distance feet? stabilizer model ? and any issues of OLED burn out so far, i got 3 years of warranty and should i take 2 more years warranty?? TIA.

I got my Lg c2 65 this week. Moved from 42 1080p to 65inch 4k, 8 to 9 feet is my viewing distance it seems tv is huge. whats ur exact viewing distance feet? stabilizer model ? and any issues of OLED burn out so far, i got 3 years of warranty and should i take 2 more years warranty?? TIA.
1) Exact distance is 7 feet and i dont find it uneasy. You will get used to it. All you will get is better Immersion experience. Burn in has not happened so far but in plain grey background you will see some horizontal screen dirt which will not ve visible in any other background. But that is there in all TVs in my house. Lcds included. 2 years more of warranty will be good if it is reasonable. Otherwise dont go for it if it costs 60k or something.

1) Exact distance is 7 feet and i dont find it uneasy. You will get used to it. All you will get is better Immersion experience. Burn in has not happened so far but in plain grey background you will see some horizontal screen dirt which will not ve visible in any other background. But that is there in all TVs in my house. Lcds included. 2 years more of warranty will be good if it is reasonable. Otherwise dont go for it if it costs 60k or something.
7 feet wow! I have 8 to 9 feet! 2nd day I felt it's not too big need to get used to it asap! Yeah I too saw 1 vertical black lines when it's Grey background and not seen in real pictures, will watch an eye on it. 2 Extended warranty is 30k for a 1.7L tv. Is it worth to take? Please also suggest the stabilizer model.

What the difference with CX65(2020) vs C265(2022).??

CX65 is still sold at 2L.

TIA

7 feet wow! I have 8 to 9 feet! 2nd day I felt it's not too big need to get used to it asap! Yeah I too saw 1 vertical black lines when it's Grey background and not seen in real pictures, will watch an eye on it. 2 Extended warranty is 30k for a 1.7L tv. Is it worth to take? Please also suggest the stabilizer model.

What the difference with CX65(2020) vs C265(2022).??

CX65 is still sold at 2L.

TIA
What is stabilizer model? Sorry i dont know much about latest inclusions. 30k is fine. Go for it as the panel replacement cost is high post warranty 3 years warranty. You could even pay the additional warranty in emi through Bajaj finance. CX 65 is an older model and i think it does not feature the evo panel. C2 has better panel technology, the evo which is an isotope of the normal wrgb oled's component. (Duterium as against hydrogen compound material i think). This has better longevity and brightness. CX may not be available these days. It may be C1 you saw.

Last edited:
What is stabilizer model? Sorry i dont know much about latest inclusions. 30k is fine. Go for it as the panel replacement cost is high post warranty 3 years warranty. You could even pay the additional warranty in emi through Bajaj finance. CX 65 is an older model and i think it does not feature the evo panel. C2 has better panel technology, the evo which is an isotope of the normal wrgb oled's component. (Duterium as against hydrogen compound material i think). This has better longevity and brightness. CX may not be available these days. It may be C1 you saw.
I meant are you using voltage stabilizer for yout oled tv?

Good read.. hidden stuff of warranty..

I meant are you using voltage stabilizer for yout oled tv?

Good read.. hidden stuff of warranty..
Stabilizer is good for high voltage control only. In my area and in Chennai itself lately phase to phase voltage gets to 490!! 245 in single phase. I installed solar and now after the DC is generated, the Inverter converts it and reaches to my mains at 235V these days. But before that it was only 248-252. I now can use gadgets without stabilizer however from the grid other houses in my apartment building are getting 248-252 range only. Low voltage does not fry your devices and your motherboard will withstand that. The extended warranty may not cover "permanent image retention" but thats just a small issue. Panels can disfunction after 3 or 4 years and you will certainly get a 60k expense when that happens. This 30k will just cover that. Infact most service centers will only say your TV's panel has gone post warranty if there is an issue. You can predict it. (They dont do or are not trained to do chip level servicing). The alternate to buying a 30k extended warranty is to invest it in some bluechip shares and should it double in 3 years, you pay for the repair in cash post warranty. Just kidding.

1) Measure your voltage. If it is high, use a stabiliser and 2) keep 60k aside after 3 years or go for the 30k extended warranty.

Guys - I need to shift my 65 inch LG Oled TV from Bangalore to Chennai. I do not have the manufacturer packing. What is the best option? Are the packers reliable to shift OLED without any damage? Not sure i can fit it in my car and drive.

As it does not have stand, I may have to call in local LG guy to wall mount once shifted, any idea how much they would charge for it?

Guys - I need to shift my 65 inch LG Oled TV from Bangalore to Chennai. I do not have the manufacturer packing. What is the best option? Are the packers reliable to shift OLED without any damage? Not sure i can fit it in my car and drive.

As it does not have stand, I may have to call in local LG guy to wall mount once shifted, any idea how much they would charge for it?
Take an insurance coverage and then do it.

Stabilizer is good for high voltage control only. In my area and in Chennai itself lately phase to phase voltage gets to 490!! 245 in single phase. I installed solar and now after the DC is generated, the Inverter converts it and reaches to my mains at 235V these days. But before that it was only 248-252. I now can use gadgets without stabilizer however from the grid other houses in my apartment building are getting 248-252 range only. Low voltage does not fry your devices and your motherboard will withstand that. The extended warranty may not cover "permanent image retention" but thats just a small issue. Panels can disfunction after 3 or 4 years and you will certainly get a 60k expense when that happens. This 30k will just cover that. Infact most service centers will only say your TV's panel has gone post warranty if there is an issue. You can predict it. (They dont do or are not trained to do chip level servicing). The alternate to buying a 30k extended warranty is to invest it in some bluechip shares and should it double in 3 years, you pay for the repair in cash post warranty. Just kidding.

1) Measure your voltage. If it is high, use a stabiliser and 2) keep 60k aside after 3 years or go for the 30k extended warranty.

My response may be rather delayed but all the same in case it is still relevant. Typically LG folks had charged me about 1500/- to do an uninstall or a reinstall with provided wallmount. I had used there services during renovation and repainting of the house and didn’t want to chance any damage. Not sure if they can provide a packaging though. Movers and packers do a decent job in packing with appropriate packing material. For instance in this case you may need some good screen protector /thermocol sheet along with all some bubble packing in case you are taking in in your car. Check with them if they can provide.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back