Looking for Best HTiB

Mutaki Series from Sony - Real Value for money @ 36K INR

6.2 Channel - Yes - 2 sub woofers and option to connect 2 more sub woofers as the amp is 6.4

Each is 180 Watt RMS . This means we have 180 X 6 + 200W X2 Sub woofers @ disposal . At this price point , this is a nice product .

Can i have the Model number and some more information

I still have confusion in Buy Home theatre
can any one give one more idea

whether i can go for Denon 390 xp or Onkyo 6200.

my usage is movies and music 50%- 50%

i need fast response from you guys i will try to buy in on 6th april

I still have confusion in Buy Home theatre
can any one give one more idea

whether i can go for Denon 390 xp or Onkyo 6200.

my usage is movies and music 50%- 50%

i need fast response from you guys i will try to buy in on 6th april

Listen is all I can advice.......listen to both of them, preferably side by side, ad then decide.....

Hi Sam9s

Thanks for advise here whats the problem i cannot make audition and audition also not in proper way.

So i have to decide which one to buy like your suggestion only.

Thats a very risky preposition my friend, audio is subjective, one can only suggest, but last decission should always be after listining and making your own imprssion.
I have not listen to DENON I have onkyo 6200 and it is satisfying my casual HT need for now, infac i am happy with the SUB performance. But its expensive then denon 390.
Check out what other members suggest, else close your eyes and follow your heart.....:)

Hi i Finally brought Onkyo Ht-S6200

i checked few movies with manual set up it looks fine.

tomorrow i will set up everything and i will come back if there is any problem in setup.

Thanks for the forum to suggest.

I heard music also good.

i already setup my home theatre

and i run audyssey after that i feel front and center channel speakers are low volume and surround speakers have more volume compare to front. its ok or not any body experience ca any one share.

i already setup my home theatre

and i run audyssey after that i feel front and center channel speakers are low volume and surround speakers have more volume compare to front. its ok or not any body experience ca any one share.

I also ran Audyssey and frankly it ruined things for me.......I prefer manually setting the volume for all channels. This is how you can set up volume for all channels

SETUP(on remote)==>(scroll to)spk setup==>(scroll to)level cal

Using the up down button set the dBs. My settings are

Left: 8dB
Center: 10dB
Right: 8dB
All surround spk 12dB
Sub: 2dB

You can change those per your needs though

I also ran Audyssey and frankly it ruined things for me.......I prefer manually setting the volume for all channels. This is how you can set up volume for all channels

All surround spk 12dB

Hi Sam,
Your speaker level settings are way too high w.r.t Onkyo Hts.
I think the max level is 12db, if yes, then you are maxing out the surrounds.
Pls check & adjust the "Speaker Distance" level in the setup menu.
The more distant each speaker is from the listener ,the more the db gain/volume will be to that channel.
No need to accurately measure the distance (at least for a normal room), just an approximate distance setting will yield good results( you need to play around though).

And strangely your subwoofer level seems to be much lower compared to other speakers in the receiver.May be you have set the output level too high in your sub-woofer too.:rolleyes:
The "Speaker Distance" level should be set permanently, but each Speaker Level can be adjusted any time with the remote. Moreover not all movies(& other source) have the same sound level. Example: a 2 channel sound converted to 5.1/7.1 (Dpl2,dtsneo6) will have different surround sound level compared to a native full blown DTS track. So during such time it is better to set the "speaker levels (+/-) "depending upon need.

Regarding Audyssey I'm not sure.But I've read somewhere, that any automatic sound calibration will yield the best result when done at midnight, especially with the fan, A/C & other noise producing equipments are off.
Microphone should be held at ear-level.Better still mic over a tri-pod or even a bookshelf speaker stand can be used at listening locations.

And these are just my observations ,Pls play around with the settings leisurely when you have time. If its good to your ears then no probs,but don't max out any channels .just to be precautious.:)
And sorry for a long post.

@dmk: Congratulations for your Awesome Onkyo-6200:licklips:.:clapping: Complete VFM. It's very difficult to setup a 7.1 HT system for the 6200s price.

with Regards,
Samuel

All surround spk 12dB

Thanks for ur Info
I tried your settings what i feel in to sound
when i am using audssey settings i will put volume normally 35 to 40
with ur setting 25 is enough.

i think i have to adjust the equalizer manually.
can you or any one suggest best equalizer settings for this.

thanks

All surround spk 12dB

So i reduced front to 6 db
center 7 db
sub- 0 db
surround- 10 db

audyssey given follwing setting

front: -5 db
center: -7 db
sub: -15 db
surround L: -7 db
surround R: -5db

normally during play movie if voice is low i manually raise center channel up to 0 db.

now am confused which is good.

Hi Sam,
Your speaker level settings are way too high w.r.t Onkyo Hts.
I think the max level is 12db, if yes, then you are maxing out the surrounds.
Pls check & adjust the "Speaker Distance" level in the setup menu.
The more distant each speaker is from the listener ,the more the db gain/volume will be to that channel.

Yea I know that and Audyssey does exactly that, setting up the dB level per the listining distance, but frankly that messed my listining pleasure, surrounds are almost next to none.......and backs give no sound what so ever.
Nothing is too high, or too low, it all depends on ones preference. Surrounds and Surround backs anyhow have so less audio in it that keeping them at the same level as fronts yields nothing. (You would know if you have 6200). I have played around with the AMP setting enough to pass a judgement......

And strangely your subwoofer level seems to be much lower compared to other speakers in the receiver.May be you have set the output level too high in your sub-woofer too.:rolleyes:

yea that is because I have kept the volume level provided at the back of the woofer at full. Ideally speaking that should be kept to half and rest should be controlled from the remote, but I like to controll the full spectrum from Remote and hence the settings. Also I mentioned that the woofer of 6200 is an over kill for the fronts, its db level rises drastically when you notch up the volume, where as the same can not be said for fronts, and hence the lower db for the same.

with just 3db, the woofer was rocking my bed during the tree blast scene in AVATAR BluRay.........

Regarding Audyssey I'm not sure.But I've read somewhere, that any automatic sound calibration will yield the best result when done at midnight, especially with the fan, A/C & other noise producing equipments are off.
Microphone should be held at ear-level.Better still mic over a tri-pod or even a bookshelf speaker stand can be used at listening locations.

AUDYSSEY is pure crap AFA I am concerned, sets an absolute retard db levels for all channels, and yes the calibration was done under pure silence with no external noise what so ever using the mic with the tripod. Manually setting is what you should do, and I am not saying that people should follow my db setting, ......... as I said should be done as per your own listining comfort.....

So i reduced front to 6 db
center 7 db
sub- 0 db
surround- 10 db

audyssey given follwing setting

front: -5 db
center: -7 db
sub: -15 db
surround L: -7 db
surround R: -5db

normally during play movie if voice is low i manually raise center channel up to 0 db.

now am confused which is good.

Nothing is good/bad per se........you got to set the volume for each channel per your listining comfort and thats it. My objective was to guide you how you can do this. play a proper BR find a scene with loads of audio action in it, and then adjust the db level for all channels. Lock the setting where you feel most comfortable.......

Guys, I need some help out here

I am planning to get a Home Theater system for my flat in Bangalore. The basic room dimensions are 20" X 11". My budget is around 55-60k. I can manage to spend a couple of thousands more at most. I am more of a movie man but I do listen to music. I would split my movie & music usage as 80:20

I would like to ask you guys to suggest a good package for my requirements. Please note that my knowledge regarding this is zilch and I am solely relying on others to suggest something.

I visited Modern World on MG road today and they offered me the following packages

1. Onkyo TX-SR 577 Receiver with Onkyo SKS HT 728 speakers (2 towers + 1 center + 2 satellites) - Rs.55000

2. Add 5k to the above and get Pure Acoustics Super Nova speakers instead of the Onkyo ones.

What do you guys think of the above offers? From what I have seen in the forum, nobody rates Onkyo speakers very highly. What about Pure Acoustics speakers? I had not heard about this brand until this guy told me. Is it worth going for this package considering that I have to extend my budget by 10k?

I also visited ProFX yesterday and he has sent me a quote for a package

Receiver: Denon 1610
Speakers: Mission MV8 Floor standers (pair), MV C Center speaker, MV DS Surround (Pair), MS 10 Subwoofer.

He has quoted 60k for the whole setup.

How does Denon 1610 compare with Onkyo TX SR577? AFAIK, the Onkyo has 7.1 channel.

I am inclined to go for the Onkyo package with Pure Acoustics speakers. I have listed this package in my previous post. But, I have not seen any reviews on the Pure Acoustics speakers.

I have also been to Vector systems, but the package they suggested works out expensive to me. They will send me a quote today. They suggested the following package

Receiver: Yamaha 365 or Denon 1610
Speakers: Wharfedale Vardus 5.1 speaker package

Thanks in advance:)
Addy

Hi addy

your room size (20/L 11/w) is quiet big , need to look @ better options

do the set up stage wise

regards

1. Onkyo TX-SR 577 Receiver with Onkyo SKS HT 728 speakers (2 towers + 1 center + 2 satellites) - Rs.55000

2. Add 5k to the above and get Pure Acoustics Super Nova speakers instead of the Onkyo ones.

What do you guys think of the above offers? From what I have seen in the forum, nobody rates Onkyo speakers very highly. What about Pure Acoustics speakers? I had not heard about this brand until this guy told me. Is it worth going for this package considering that I have to extend my budget by 10k?

I also visited ProFX yesterday and he has sent me a quote for a package

Speakers: Mission MV8 Floor standers (pair), MV C Center speaker, MV DS Surround (Pair), MS 10 Subwoofer.

He has quoted 60k for the whole setup.

How does Denon 1610 compare with Onkyo TX SR577? AFAIK, the Onkyo has 7.1 channel.

By Audition experience I can say.......the following setup would be a better bet......rest let the Gurus speak.....

Speakers: Mission MV8 Floor standers (pair), MV C Center speaker, MV DS Surround (Pair), MS 10 Subwoofer

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back