Looking for new speakers

Congratulations on the Tannoy's! Missed seeing your purchase post

How is the pairing with your Luxman? Some thoughts on these speakers, as well as a comparison with your previous Harbeth would be nice.

Best,
APK

Last edited:
Panditji,

What is your speaker to sitting distance. Do you fill the air pressure(impact) while enjoying the music?

About 10 feet sir...I have a wooden table with a thick glass top in the centre but I keep it towards the system side unless we have guests coming over... The dynamics are much better than the Harbeths and so is the clarity... The mids have still not opened out as much as I would have liked but am told that the break in is about 150 -200 hours and maybe even more.. I was away for a month and a half and so the speakers have just 100 hours of playing time..

Now the upgrade options become very limited and costly and I think I will stick to these unless something really nice at a very very good price comes along... Not spending anymore money on speakers and the DAC atleast...

Want to try a tube amp and a digital amp to see if they make much of a difference to the sound but overall quite happy with the setup...

About 10 feet sir...I have a wooden table with a thick glass top in the centre but I keep it towards the system side unless we have guests coming over... The dynamics are much better than the Harbeths and so is the clarity... The mids have still not opened out as much as I would have liked but am told that the break in is about 150 -200 hours and maybe even more.. I was away for a month and a half and so the speakers have just 100 hours of playing time..

Now the upgrade options become very limited and costly and I think I will stick to these unless something really nice at a very very good price comes along... Not spending anymore money on speakers and the DAC atleast...

Want to try a tube amp and a digital amp to see if they make much of a difference to the sound but overall quite happy with the setup...

Congrats on your purchase. I rarely visit the site but had I known I would have offered you my Marten Design speakers as I am now enjoying a rather smaller brand called Ubiq.....

staxx

smaller brands normally would have a higher ratio of music per rupee as there are no brand maintenance costs - atleast initially.

those ubiq speakers look massive on their website and they look wonderfully made..

i would imagine you have a large room to accomodate those speakers and rthe demands they might make of your room..

i would love to hear them someday...

i read they are coming up with a smaller tower speaker as well..

since the chances for seeing them in the flesh are rare - we would appreciate a pic or 2 of your setup..

:)

maybe in a different thread..

regards

Staxx, thanks for the offer but I did start a thread on options for new speakers... But do post a couple of pictures of your setup and a comparison with your new speakers...

Replica. Imported it from the factory in China as I did not want real leather and prefer micro/artificial leather. Have imported excellent replicas of European classic chairs, chandeliers, lamps etc

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back