LXmini Speakers

avesbilal

Hello Everyone,

I have built LXmini speakers designed by famous speaker designer Siegfried Linkwitz.

I was on look out for a open sounding speakers from long ago, couldn't afford big brands so though of building my own speakers. I am happy about my decision to build these speakers they are what I wanted in a speaker. Currently I am using MiniDSP HD 2x4 as the crossover however I am planning to build Analog active crossover designed by Nelson Pass for these speakers.

I would encourage DIY people to really take up this project as these are absolute value for the money and effort, you can not find any speaker in this price range with such a sound stage, Mid-range. these sound effortless and very open with big sound stage with phantom center.

Though I have built these a long ago but lost frequency of visiting HFV due to lack of support for Tapatalk .

Below are pics I have taken, please don't mind bad picture quality.

Lxmini1.jpg

Lxmini2.jpg

Aves,

Very nice build. Like Kannan sir mentioned, more details about the build, material used, cost, where you procured all the materials etc will be helpful to other diy folks.

Thanks

Hi, what is the material used? Are these plastic pipes or metal?

Yes, these are plastic pipes but thicker then normal one.

Superb Aves Bhai. Can you share your build log with photos if you have chronicled it.

Sorry I couldn't make a photo build log, I worked on it whenever I get time after office/weekends. Gathering the stuff required from local market was little difficult as I didn't know where I will get what.

Aves,

Very nice build. Like Kannan sir mentioned, more details about the build, material used, cost, where you procured all the materials etc will be helpful to other diy folks.

Thanks

As I am not organised and professional in building stuff I couldn't make a log.

I purchased the kit from Madisound, Pipe and other hardware I procured locally.

or

Pipe used in this is plastic pipe used in plumbing but thicker one then the normal used in house.

Costs

Madisound Lxmini Kit costed $630
Pipes costed around Rs 3000
Rubber Coupler pair Rs 1500
Other Hardware Rs 1000
Paint Rs 600
Speaker Wire Rs 1000

These are approximates.

You can read more about this speakers and its' design principals at below link

Regards
Bilal

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back